Buildings & Attractions Guest Facility Variety (Food & Drink)

I'm grateful for the dinosaur variety we have in-game, but I believe it's time to expand the variety of the guest facilities as well. I'm going to be focusing on food and drink facilities, mainly because all of the fun and shopping facilities I can think of have already been suggested.

Food facilities:
  • Barbecue
  • Hispanic or Latino
  • Sushi
  • Chinese take-out
  • Mediterranean & Middle Eastern
  • Pizza & pasta
  • Seafood
  • Breakfast
  • 50's style diner
  • Candy & sweets
  • Sandwich shop
Drink facilities:
  • Coffee shop
  • Ice cream (I know you don't really "drink" ice cream, but given the game takes place on hot and humid islands, ice cream would have the same effect as an ice cold drink)
  • Juice/smoothie
I just listed anything that came to mind. Many would share the same stats as the already existing restaurant, fast food, and bar. However, the main concern is variety. As a result, a simple recoloring of an already existing building would not suffice. I imagine it may take quite a bit of work to design all new buildings for each, but I believe the result would be worth it. With the amount unique dinosaur species, players can easily create new parks with never before seen dinosaur combinations. However, the same cannot be said for guest facilities.

Additionally, a new mechanic would be introduced; building the same facility multiple times would result in diminishing returns. I mean, how disappointed would you be if you went to Disneyland but every restaurant was Pizza Planet? One result of this is that challenge mode would be more interesting. Instead of building 10 fast food and gift shop facilities, players would actually have to take advantage of the full roster of facilities.

I've seen many people make "world parks," such as BiS "Prehistoric Planet" where he made each corner of Isla Nublar representative of a certain part of the world. This idea of varied food and drink facilities would fit in perfectly with that!

Last edited:
I'm grateful for the dinosaur variety we have in-game, but I believe it's time to expand the variety of the guest facilities as well. I'm going to be focusing on food and drink facilities, mainly because all of the fun and shopping facilities I can think of have already been suggested.

Food facilities:
  • Barbecue
  • Hispanic or Latino
  • Sushi
  • Chinese take-out
  • Mediterranean & Middle Eastern
  • Pizza & pasta
  • Seafood
  • Breakfast
  • 50's style diner
  • Candy & sweets
  • Sandwich shop
Drink facilities:
  • Coffee shop
  • Ice cream (I know you don't really "drink" ice cream, but given the game takes place on hot and humid islands, ice cream would have the same effect as an ice cold drink)
  • Juice/smoothie
I just listed anything that came to mind. Many would share the same stats as the already existing restaurant, fast food, and bar. However, the main concern is variety. As a result, a simple recoloring of an already existing building would not suffice. I imagine it may take quite a bit of work to design all new buildings for each, but I believe the result would be worth it. With the amount unique dinosaur species, players can easily create new parks with never before seen dinosaur combinations. However, the same cannot be said for guest facilities.

Additionally, a new mechanic would be introduced; building the same facility multiple times would result in diminishing returns. I mean, how disappointed would you be if you went to Disneyland but every restaurant was Pizza Planet? One result of this is that challenge mode would be more interesting. Instead of building 10 fast food and gift shop facilities, players would actually have to take advantage of the full roster of facilities.

I've seen many people make "world parks," such as BiS "Prehistoric Planet" where he made each corner of Isla Nublar representative of a certain part of the world. This idea of varied food and drink facilities would fit in perfectly with that!

Although I agree with everything said, I think the variety of attractions are in greater need.

Since we are basically forced to build lots of enclosures (no smart AI, no invisible fencing, no natural or artificial obstacles etc) I think we need a bit nore than just reskins for attraction buildings.

Viewing dome, Cretaceous cruise, Gondola lifts, etc... viewing attractions are, after all, the core of the Park, along dinosaurs. It just feels wrong to have a +60 species roaster and just 3 viewing options.

Although I agree with everything said, I think the variety of attractions are in greater need.

Since we are basically forced to build lots of enclosures (no smart AI, no invisible fencing, no natural or artificial obstacles etc) I think we need a bit nore than just reskins for attraction buildings.

Viewing dome, Cretaceous cruise, Gondola lifts, etc... viewing attractions are, after all, the core of the Park, along dinosaurs. It just feels wrong to have a +60 species roaster and just 3 viewing options.

I agree! More viewing attractions and transport options are definitely much more needed. After that need is fulfilled, I would like to see more variety with the guest facilities like what I'm suggesting.

Hi all that stuff is genius. I also have a few ideas of my own why don't you come by my thread reality check and tell me what you think good ideas bty

The reason behind it is to prevent people from adding more ideas to their initial posts (which was happening before we didn't allow editing posts), so that these don't become wishlists.
The forum rule is one idea per thread only.

Just wondering, but is it allowed to edit a post to eliminate a spelling error etc?

Top Bottom