Guests binocular?

I'm curious: Where do you live? Absolutely no zoo I know have them. Not saying I'm against it, I just never heard of it before.

All in all, I think the finding for a viewing point is the most reason why guests do not see animals.

I know Beekse Bergen has them, but then that's a Safari Park with really large area's.

Beekse BErgen.jpg

This would be really great for my big Flamingo-Pond. I don't think the Guests can see the Flamingos that are walking on the Coastline good enough even if they are in the Observation-Hut in the middle of the Pond

That's actually a very good idea. It would also promote the whole conservation and welfare message if items/facilities like these help us build larger habitats.

Yeah, as game contains range of guests vision, binoculars are must have imo. We got these in Wroclaw Gibbon habitat, since it's placed on dismissed island, far from guests' view range

They would be really great for the big Safari Park I've started a few Days ago because the Animals there do have a lot of Space and the Guests do only have one small Observation Area so it doesn't look too unnatural

This is a good idea! I would like to see 3 kinds of binoculars:
  1. Tower Viewers, like we have in National Parks and Monuments in the US. They can be free for the Guest but it would be good if they could collect money, too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_viewer
  2. Rentable portable binoculars from the Information Centers that enhance the Guests' viewing ability. Similar to how the audio tours enhance the Education rating. These would be temporary enhancements to the Guest. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binoculars#Mechanical_design
  3. Purchasable portable binoculars, sold at the Gift Shops and Information Centers that also enhance the Guests' viewing. These would be a permanent purchase that the guest can wear, like a balloon or hat.
(y) (y)

I would personally love this as well, it would really help with visibility issues of the animals as I like to build quite large naturalistic enclosures in my zoos.
On PZ Instagram there was a post from Feb this year of a piece of concept art for the game and it has telescope & viewing platform numbered on the side so this may have been an idea very early, lets hope it gets added to the game

I’d vote for tower viewer
I find it greatly annoying that guests complain about animal views despite being IMO great views. A good mounted tower viewer would be good for seeing shy animals requiring foliage or animals that have large space requirements such as hippos and polar bears.
renting binoculars from the info shop I’d agree with to

Top Bottom