Dinosaurs General Gameplay Guests, live bait and (defenseless) herbivores should be aware of carnivores attacking them.

Right, this is something similar I posted to the thread before.

The current situation in-game is that, no matter whether we're talking about live bait, a human or a herbivore (from the Homalocephale up to sauropods), whenever a carnivore attacks them, it walks up to its prey, the kill-animation starts and the prey does finally react when it's too late anyway. I see that both goats and humans and also herbivorous dinosaurs are no diviners and can't predict when they get attacked, but it is illogical they literally do nothing until it's too late anyway. Humans just stand there and then somehow decide "oh, I guess I stumble now", herbivores notice nothing at all until the attacker is right beside or even on-top of them and goats decide to run or to look up when it's also too late.

My ideas to solve this problem:

Guests: Add another animation where the human that got picked as the victim by the engine (or whatever's responsible there) lets out a scream and starts running away. Any carnivore is able to still catch them and perform their regular eating-animation. This doesn't necessarily have to replace the current animation, it could just get added so that we have two animations. Make the human stumble to the ground while running away and we even have a third one. Hooray!

Live bait: Players could switch between live bait than can run around or live bait that remains tied to the feeder, just like in JP and JW. When a carnivore approaches a tied goat, it could bleat in panic and try to get away, with the tie stopping it, of course. The animation for free-running goats could remain the same, at least I currently have no idea how to expand it.

Herbivorous dinosaurs: When the carnivore attacks, the herbivore could look back, see the threat, maybe give a panicked sound and then run away. Either it gets caught by the attacker and the regular animation starts playing or it manages to evade the snapping jaws/shake small carnivores like Velociraptors off.

What do you think? Anything I missed? Or do you have better ideas?

~Elise the Indominus rex

Right, this is something similar I posted to the thread before.

The current situation in-game is that, no matter whether we're talking about live bait, a human or a herbivore (from the Homalocephale up to sauropods), whenever a carnivore attacks them, it walks up to its prey, the kill-animation starts and the prey does finally react when it's too late anyway. I see that both goats and humans and also herbivorous dinosaurs are no diviners and can't predict when they get attacked, but it is illogical they literally do nothing until it's too late anyway. Humans just stand there and then somehow decide "oh, I guess I stumble now", herbivores notice nothing at all until the attacker is right beside or even on-top of them and goats decide to run or to look up when it's also too late.

My ideas to solve this problem:

Guests: Add another animation where the human that got picked as the victim by the engine (or whatever's responsible there) lets out a scream and starts running away. Any carnivore is able to still catch them and perform their regular eating-animation. This doesn't necessarily have to replace the current animation, it could just get added so that we have two animations. Make the human stumble to the ground while running away and we even have a third one. Hooray!

Live bait: Players could switch between live bait than can run around or live bait that remains tied to the feeder, just like in JP and JW. When a carnivore approaches a tied goat, it could bleat in panic and try to get away, with the tie stopping it, of course. The animation for free-running goats could remain the same, at least I currently have no idea how to expand it.

Herbivorous dinosaurs: When the carnivore attacks, the herbivore could look back, see the threat, maybe give a panicked sound and then run away. Either it gets caught by the attacker and the regular animation starts playing or it manages to evade the snapping jaws/shake small carnivores like Velociraptors off.

What do you think? Anything I missed? Or do you have better ideas?

~Elise the Indominus rex
Great Idea! Don't worry, the Goats can remain completely stupid😂 (Just the way the raptors like it)

One question... How did you do that thing where the word "thread" turned into a link?

I support this idea, and I am also of the opinion that there should be an animation where the prey can flee
Thanks. And yes, it would give the game a bit more Immersion and also tension when not every hunt is successful.

Great Idea! Don't worry, the Goats can remain completely stupid😂 (Just the way the raptors like it)

One question... How did you do that thing where the word "thread" turned into a link?
Thanks!

I wrote this thread on PC, in the toolbox of one's replies you can click on a symbol showing two hooked chain links. Once you've done that a window pops up where you can insert a link and the word that shall represent the link in the text.

Top Bottom