Habitat panel shows there are 2 different species inside when there is only 1

Anyone else encountered this bug? I've put it on the Issue Tracker in case somebody else is dealing with this bug. It's not game breaking, but I know it's there and I think it should be fixed somewhere down the line.

From the Issue Tracker:

Habitat information panel shows there are 2 different species in that habitat. In my case it's Ostriches and Pygmy Hippos. It's only shown under the "animals" tab, but not on the "overview" tab. First there were Pygmy Hippos in there, but after facing the water miscalculation bug I gave up and put in the Ostriches. I've put the Hippos in the trade center and I can apparently research them despite not being in any enclosures.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
This bug occurred when I tried putting Pygmy Hippos in that enclosure and had problems with the water area - they had more than enough water but the water area was not calculated properly and it was all in red. After trying different things and the water bug still occurring I gave up and put in the Ostriches. The Ostriches are fine, but the habitat panel still shows there are Pygmy Hippos inside.

Overview tab showing correct species (5 Ostriches)

Overview tab showing correct species.jpg

Now the animal tab shows both Hippos and Ostriches.

Animal tab showing both.jpg

I can still research the Hippos despite them being in my trade center and not having them anywhere in the zoo.

Available research despite not having pygmy hippos.jpg

Pygmy hippos in trade center.jpg

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
If your hippos were added to the trade center from the habitat and not released/sold or moved to a new habitat then it is likely they are still listed as being assigned to that habitat. Try moving them to a new habitat or releasing them from your zoo.

If your hippos were added to the trade center from the habitat and not released/sold or moved to a new habitat then it is likely they are still listed as being assigned to that habitat. Try moving them to a new habitat or releasing them from your zoo.

Yes, they were sent into the trade center after I couldn't get the water thing to work. I will eventually build them a new habitat. I just think it shouldn't show them assigned to that habitat and research being available.

Yes, they were sent into the trade center after I couldn't get the water thing to work. I will eventually build them a new habitat. I just think it shouldn't show them assigned to that habitat and research being available.

Absolutely +1 for this. Having an animal stored in the trade centre should mean it is not currently assigned to an exhibit. It is badly cluttering an already somewhat clunky exhibit UI screen, and is particuarly annoying when you consider that baby animals cannot be traded out of the zoo.

You'll also get groups of guests visiting your zoo wanting to see said hippos (because they're in your trade center), which they won't be able to see (presumably that has some impact on their happiness/refunds); another reason I don't really agree with animals in the trade center still being considered as part of a specific zoo.

Only way to 'fix' it without releasing the animals is to create a new zoo and store them there (or put them in the trade center from a different zoo).

I think that that also would change the quite substantial drop in happiness that happens when people do not get to see their favourite animals. Which is a positive.

Edit: Kai beat me to it.

Or remove the entrance of the habitat, and assign the keeper to a new zone. My keeper was giving warthog food to my bongos. They all fell sick. Made my veterinarian make over hours.

You'll also get groups of guests visiting your zoo wanting to see said hippos (because they're in your trade center), which they won't be able to see (presumably that has some impact on their happiness/refunds); another reason I don't really agree with animals in the trade center still being considered as part of a specific zoo.

Only way to 'fix' it without releasing the animals is to create a new zoo and store them there (or put them in the trade center from a different zoo).

I didn't even think of the guests trying to see the hippos and then leaving angry because they aren't there. You are right!

Thank you everyone for your input. I wanted to keep the hippos, but I think I'll just release/sell them for now. I have more than enough CC if I want to buy them some other time.

Top Bottom