Hacker forum and what I learned

I have not looked at the hacks and have no desire to look at the hacks, but do any of them have anything to allow someone to do something with interdictions? I had something very strange happen the other day when I got ganked. I immediately pulled back to submit, since it was a human cmdr, and got the dreaded "evasion failed". No idea how that was possible. Once the interdiction started, it could not have been more than 1 to 2 seconds before I pulled back on the throttle and I got the message after pulling back on the throttle to submit. Needless to say, I thought of the ongoing hacking thread, but I just chalked it up to one of those things that can happen in ED.
That happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I jumped into SC and there was a cutter waiting there - immediate "interdiction detected" and even though I zeroed the throttle immediately, the interdiction completed in the time it took to submit.

No, I don't. Are you trying to say that I can keep the car if there's no policemen to see me?
I thought you were breaking in to steal radio, not car. Is not advisable to run around with property and plate announcing "I belong someone else". Gotta find workshop with policeman not seeing you - that is greater risk.

I thought you were breaking in to steal radio, not car. Is not advisable to run around with property and plate announcing "I belong someone else". Gotta find workshop with policeman not seeing you - that is greater risk.
I don't think it really matters that much what I want to steal. In both (all?) cases are the repercussions that await me those that stop me, and it's the same with cheating.

I assume that people are much less likely to install and use cheats if the company periodically officially states how many cheaters have been banned and I personally feel safer when I hear in the news that the police caught a gang that manufactured hacking devices for stealing cars.

If police gives me a canned response how they're doing everything possible 6 months after I reported a theft and I still see ads for hacking devices, I might stop believing they're really doing their job.

As I said, it's all about trust and public image.
But it seems I won't be parking my car on the streets of Berlin. ;)

Top Bottom