hackers, loggers and fdev

As of recently(well over a week now) a player brought to light the issue of hacking to the community by sitting in the mailslot with a beluga, frontier responded with a thread reassuring the players that they take this seriously and investigate these on a case to case basis https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/a-statement-on-cheating-in-elite-dangerous.513912/is . The problem is there has never really been any evidence to suggest that people do get actively banned for cheating other than the beluga guy who got banned but thats one out of the many out there and why has it taken soo long for them to ban a hacker. Frontier were fine to ban a cmdr for 1 day for linking a video that shows me killing a logger(cheater). The forum rules state no naming and shaming but why, surely showing the playerbase that this is the consequence of you using an exploit will lower the amount of offenders. Frontier could make a dummy account and show people in the event of you combat logging on a player you will receive a temp ban while for the hackers a perma ban from the game. Frontier say but never do when it comes to these game breaking issues. I made this thread because I just don't get why they say they will but don't and is it just me or is this game in its current state falling apart, it seems everyday I play this game I experience more and more problems. To conclude I know they will never deal with the clogging issue but surely they can deal with the hacker issue and although you may say its a pc issue, don't forget bgs effects all platforms and so does permits.

Last edited:
As of recently(well over a week now) a player brought to light the issue of hacking to the community by sitting in the mailslot with a beluga, frontier responded with a thread reassuring the players that they take this seriously and investigate these on a case to case basis https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/a-statement-on-cheating-in-elite-dangerous.513912/is . The problem is there has never been any evidence to suggest that people do get actively banned for cheating and the beluga guy proves that as to my knowledge he is still not banned.

Than your knowledge needs improving, because that dude was banned permanently...

Here's a very good, level-headed, well-thought out examination of Frontier's possible reasoning behind their actions (or perceived lack of)

Source: https://youtu.be/tNOhnsaUnG0

As for naming and shaming, the forums is not the place for that. It can, and has, resulted in witch-hunts against innocent players. You can report them to Microsoft and/or Frontier via the official channels.
You may not receive a response; the possible reasons for this are covered in DtEA's video above.

Here's a very good, level-headed, well-thought out examination of Frontier's possible reasoning behind their actions (or perceived lack of)

Source: https://youtu.be/tNOhnsaUnG0

As for naming and shaming, the forums is not the place for that. It can, and has, resulted in witch-hunts against innocent players. You can report them to Microsoft and/or Frontier via the official channels.
You may not receive a response; the possible reasons for this are covered in DtEA's video above.
Thanks

Wow. A thread with logic in it. Nice. I'm a big fan Ian and Chimp.
Orc I know it's frustrating but we can only really hope they're trying at ED.
I'm willing to give them the benefit of integrity.
Let's wait and see if our trust is rewarded

Hackers could mess around with the bgs possibility

Not directy via XB1 or PS4, they are too well locked down for that (at the moment) but given that it does exist on PC & we all share one big BGS, console players can be affected just as much by hackers, botters etc, just they won't see them directly.

Hackers could mess around with the bgs possibility

Not sure how that would be possible on consoles. You cant run bots on console and you cant run hacks either.
Also, you have to keep in mind that MS ban stick is pretty heavy (not sure how it is on PS).
Any foul play would result in banning the console from the multiplayer games. So it's not like you will flush 7 Euro for another ED account, you'll have to flush 250 euros for another console.

Not sure how that would be possible on consoles. You cant run bots on console and you cant run hacks either.
Also, you have to keep in mind that MS ban stick is pretty heavy (not sure how it is on PS).
Any foul play would result in banning the console from the multiplayer games. So it's not like you will flush 7 Euro for another ED account, you'll have to flush 250 euros for another console.

No, but like I said, what affects the PC side of the BGS will affect the console side of the BGS, because they are one & the same. Consoles however, cannot directly contribute to the hacking situation (as far as I know).

It isn't possible but even if it was, it would be a very bad idea to share any methods publically.

Doesn't need to be a hack to be a cheat.

While I wouldn't rule out some form of hack being possible on XBox, you can most certainly cord pull your way out of trouble, or engage in other prohibited behaviors to gain some form of edge.

Top Bottom