META DISCUSSION half contributions from solo players

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I just got in harma, suited for combat/trader capacity ... then realized I was dumb for not going solo and tripling my cargo capacity with no fear or concern of the obvious repercussions. considering I could triple my contributions in solo, I think if they were halved in solo that that would be more than fair -- keeping it available but discouraging. Also, considering it is a competition of sorts, it should better be considered.

Also disappointed no one has tried to gank me yet -_-;; That should be encouraged behavior. I like the idea of elite: dangerous

Couldn't you potentially just block known gankers/anyone that threatens you and then you're basically in Solo for the CG's anyway? So it wouldn't really work?

If you're actively looking to be ganked, I'm sure if you visited the Engineers, especially Deciat or the current CG Bounty Hunting areas etc you'll soon see some people. Otherwise it may be your connection, in which case a VPN will probably help if you're not seeing many other CMDrs.
I've also read a few have a code of conduct wherein they won't attack anyone less than a certain Combat Rank.

That's ridicious, firstly you get attacked/targetted for interdictions by npcs in particular when you have cargo on board, many of which can easily kill a trade build of a ship, if you give them a chance anyway.

And it's unfair and ridicious to expect people who don't want to play in Open to have to do three times (or any amount more) work or assume they have the time to play three times longer just to be compeditive!

Any way a player chooses to play the game is fair and valid and not some form of cheating, like you make it sound.

(I mostly play in Mobius on PS4, which might as well be Solo most of the time, because i don't want to risk being killed for no reason and i'm certainly not cheating, i played in Solo before that and again i wasn't cheating.)

We all compete for resources and available wares already, no matter which game mode or platform we play on, so i don't think we need anymore restrictions or arbitary punishments for not playing the game the "right" way, as only certain players decide, thank you very much😃🤔🎏.

Reddit:
Any high traffic system is dangerous! Gankers everywhere! In CG system more gankers than normal players!
Reality: dozens trade cutters, t9's, even pythons, and a lot of different combat ships. 0 gankers :)

Hmm, that's exactly what a ganker would say....not implying anything.....just....you know!
Doesn't change fact, that it is true.
If you are at CG station with 20 other players, and I will block you after drop from cruise I will see...empty station, not station with 20 other players, but without you.
and spamming without a block function?
Simple. Block could work only for chat/invites.
And it's unfair and ridicious
ridicious is idea of CG's from safe harbour of solo, where you can trade in your 800t shieldless tradecutter without any risk, when other people must sacrifice cargo, because 99,9% of npcs are fart against hurricane of real players. And this is 1 of elite's problems. NPC's are joke, and this joke teach players, that they can do everything even without shields. CG's from solo could be fair only if npcs were REAL threat.

Last edited:
If you are at CG station with 20 other players, and I will block you after drop from cruise I will see...empty station, not station with 20 other players, but without you.

ridicious is idea of CG's from safe harbour of solo, where you can trade in your 800t shieldless tradecutter without any risk, when other people must sacrifice cargo, because 99,9% of npcs are fart against hurricane of real players. And this is 1 of elite's problems. NPC's are joke, and this joke teach players, that they can do everything even without shields. CG's from solo could be fair only if npcs were REAL threat.
Well i never fly shieldless, i fly with at least an engineered class four in my Anaconda, along with engineered boosters, which NPC pirates can still threaten if i give them a chance - again i don't believe that Solo or Private Groups are "easy mode" 🤔😃🎏 ...

(And that's only how i fly for trade CGs to help the community the best i can and also to be compeditive, i use a class six for general trading and missions and a class seven for proper combat.)

Also many people don't fly Cutters or Type 9 and maybe don't have them engineered if they do 😃

Last edited:
"npcs aren't easy mode"
"I use class 4 shields on conda"
Okay. I eat this random pirates in shieldless cutter, but yes, npcs "can kill us". If we will ram them without shields, but yes. Now compare threat from random pirates with players. random npc pirates ARE easy mode, and CG's from solo with such weak pirates wouldn't be fair (this is totally different story, that for me CG, PP and BGS from solo is just stupid idea, but it is dead horse, and frontier can't change it by few reasons. Firstly, console players must pay additional money for ability to play in open (it is true? IDK, I heard it). And we haven't crossplay.
Also many people don't fly Cutters or Type 9 and maybe don't have them engineered if they do
And? If you want participate in COMMUNITY goal prepare for encounter with COMMUNITY. Now we support the biggest galaxy criminal organisation in building their own, new starports. This is logical, that some people will help (I do it for new, shiny station near sothis :D ), and other people would interfere it.
I love this community, from 1 side it is the best community which I know, from other side it is full of carebears, and min/maxers, which avoid, and afraid ANY risk, loss, or drop their efficiency by few %. We are in giant, galactic dystopia with hundreds of wars. Slaves. Assasinations. Real terrorism. I rly don't care, that once per year I could encounter player, which will try kill me. Good luck, if you will be good enough-respect. I'm not angry kid, which will create cryposts after 1 gank in videogame. I don't need god mode for satisfaction. (No, I'm not talking about you. I'm talking abouty common habit example on reddit)

Last edited:
Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gif

Many people would probably stop playing the game or be very reluctant to play it, if they were basically forced to play in Open.
(It would also discurrage players from ever flying anything less than their best ship and leave little room for experimentation :_ .)

I've been playing since the PS4 versions launch, i've never gone near Open and i don't intend to when i still care about not throwing away credits, missions, rank, reputation, exploration data etc because i don't want to risk some no lifer(s) killing me just because they can.

As i've said in similar threads, i wish this game was more like The Elders Scrolls Online, co-op first, with a separate PvP area 😃🎏 .

We basically have to pay to play most games online*, short of a handful of exceptions (indeed i think Solo is one of those exceptions).

*At least on Playstation, since the launch of the PS4 we've basically had to pay for PS Plus to play online, though online play was unrestricted on the PS3, PS2, PSP and Vita, when Xbox users have had to pay at least since the Xbox 360.

I've been a Plus member constantly since it launched around 2007-2010, but indeed some players on a budget or in terms of principle, can't or won't pay for it, so it does affect some people 🤔 .

Also, i'm sure the new stations won't be pirate bases - they'll surely be normal stations everybody can use and will therefore benefit from 😃🤘 .

Last edited:

If I am at a station with 20 other players all I am going to see is stuttering and framerates in the teens or lower, I wonder if the block function would improve how my game runs?

I don't suppose you are prepared to subsidise console users who have to pay a premium for their console to run multiplayer games?
Until that situation changes penalising players for not using a particular mode is unfair.

And no I don't play on a console.

I just got in harma, suited for combat/trader capacity ... then realized I was dumb for not going solo and tripling my cargo capacity with no fear or concern of the obvious repercussions. considering I could triple my contributions in solo, I think if they were halved in solo that that would be more than fair -- keeping it available but discouraging. Also, considering it is a competition of sorts, it should better be considered.

Also disappointed no one has tried to gank me yet -_-;; That should be encouraged behavior. I like the idea of elite: dangerous
Oh no. People play the same game I play in a different way, that I dont like! Oh the huge manatee!

How about you leave me my peace, little man? Forcing people to compete in pvp situations they do not want because your e-peen can't be extended long enough to whip it around their neck is the pettiest small--energy move there is.

If I am at a station with 20 other players all I am going to see is stuttering and framerates in the teens or lower, I wonder if the block function would improve how my game runs?

I don't suppose you are prepared to subsidise console users who have to pay a premium for their console to run multiplayer games?
Until that situation changes penalising players for not using a particular mode is unfair.
Could you read whole my post before response, please?
I said, that sadly it is impossible, because console players MUST PAY ADDITIONAL MONEY FOR ACCES TO OPEN.
But even it doesn't change my mind- CG, BGS and PP from safe solo isn't fair :)
And pls stop joking with "npcs are threat".
framerates caused by a lot of ships? So I have better idea for owners of ultra-low quality pc. Block of npcs :)
How about you leave me my peace, little man? Forcing people to compete in pvp situations they do not want because your e-peen can't be extended long enough to whip it around their neck is the pettiest small--energy move there is.
Noice.
"CGs from solo are pointless"
"something something cing ciang small e-pen rage mode on"
I love it :D

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom