Half of your fan base

Doesn't care at all about building. Maybe half might be a bit of an overestimation, point is most of the complaints are aimed at making this game feel more finished. It seems like most people don't get that this game is not a Theme Park simulator, it's a theme park builder that enables you to have guests to test it, meaning they are an after thought. Which is why nothing is balanced.

My suggestion is: make an actual Theme Park sim, that's why people are buying the thing in the first place. How many copies would you sell if advertised this as "DHUR BUILD YOUR DREAM PARK AND THEN WATCH IT RUN". My guess? 10. 9 to the dev team and 1 to the director's mother.

Either honestly promote your construction game, or change it to what you're advertising it as. You're only going to get more and more negative feedback when fans think they're getting one thing going in this direction but really you're making something totally different going in a different direction.

p.s. the direction you're currently going is the one of less profit, not more

Doesn't care at all about building. Maybe half might be a bit of an overestimation, point is most of the complaints are aimed at making this game feel more finished. It seems like most people don't get that this game is not a Theme Park simulator, it's a theme park builder that enables you to have guests to test it, meaning they are an after thought. Which is why nothing is balanced.

My suggestion is: make an actual Theme Park sim, that's why people are buying the thing in the first place. How many copies would you sell if advertised this as "DHUR BUILD YOUR DREAM PARK AND THEN WATCH IT RUN". My guess? 10. 9 to the dev team and 1 to the director's mother.

Either honestly promote your construction game, or change it to what you're advertising it as. You're only going to get more and more negative feedback when fans think they're getting one thing going in this direction but really you're making something totally different going in a different direction.

You are the spokesman for that half of the fan base?

just to be clear, I'm not part of that half, but the other half.

ps. The way you are posting won't bring you anything.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
I love to build things that’s why I bought it. That’s one person’s opinion, yours, which you’re allowed to have but I love the game just the way it is. I don’t know how you came up with half of every PC player.

I too like the way Planet Coaster is. Once you get the hang of Planet Coaster you can really build your dream park. Planet Coaster is really a fun game to play.

Half of your fan base doesn't care at all about building.
youre_serious_futurama.gif

Sorry but I can guarantee you that pretty much everyone who uses this site plays the game because they do enjoy building things. If that however is your opinion, fair enough, but here's an idea; keep it to yourself, because no one has to agree with you. I'm sure the majority of people including myself will agree that the developers at Frontier have created an incredible game that everyone is happy with and they're only constantly improving it. :)

You do realize that the game has been out for over 2 years by now? It has been a success in every way of measuring if from a business standpoint. Few games has this large and devoted fan base that long after initial public release. Reviews are all Very positive, both in the short period and for the lifetime of the game. If your statement would be true, then the negative reviewed would already be there.

You are entitled to your opinion but it sounds more that you did not do your research before buying the game. Pretty much every review, every YouTube video etc. clearly states/shows off the building aspect of this game. If you don't like it, that's fine, but please don't put half of the players in a bucket they don't belong in.

Maybe half might be a bit of an overestimation

Seriously, if the only thing you have is harping on my hyperbole taken out of context which I was trying to make a point with.... then you have nothing.

"I think it's popular therefore I am right."

That's neat that you think that. That's neat you think it's been out awhile and has a fan base that means it's impossible to ever die. That's rad that you think because "if you look for it" then you'll find out "it's only about building".

NEWSFLASH: Just because you think all of those things doesn't mean squat. None of it is accurate to reality.

Look at this reply

I too like the way Planet Coaster is. Once you get the hang of Planet Coaster you can really build your dream park. Planet Coaster is really a fun game to play.

Someone criticized something I like... cannot... compute... cannot... allow.... It's not a game if there's no score. Do you think playing with Legos is a 'game' now?

Sorry but I can guarantee you that pretty much everyone who uses this site plays the game because they do enjoy building things

What? No you can't. Why would even make this claim. I already prove you wrong... since I am using this site and I do not. So, sorry.

what part about "create" is it that you don't understand?

Build =/= Create. I can CREATE a theme park using CREATED materials. That's how I am CREATING them now, using CREATED materials. You CREATE paint in order CREATE paintings. What part of the definition of 'create' don't you understand? *I* am talking about how I don't want to become an architect, I want to pretend to manage a theme park. Those are not the same jobs. If this was advertised as an architecture game using theme parks as a base then it would attract, and repel, a certain fanbase. For example, I would no longer be interested.

ps. The way you are posting won't bring you anything.

Except 6 responses, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, if the only thing you have is harping on my hyperbole taken out of context which I was trying to make a point with.... then you have nothing.

"I think it's popular therefore I am right."

That's neat that you think that. That's neat you think it's been out awhile and has a fan base that means it's impossible to ever die. That's rad that you think because "if you look for it" then you'll find out "it's only about building".

NEWSFLASH: Just because you think all of those things doesn't mean squat. None of it is accurate to reality.

Look at this reply

Someone criticized something I like... cannot... compute... cannot... allow.... It's not a game if there's no score. Do you think playing with Legos is a 'game' now?

What? No you can't. Why would even make this claim. I already prove you wrong... since I am using this site and I do not. So, sorry.

Build =/= Create. I can CREATE a theme park using CREATED materials. That's how I am CREATING them now, using CREATED materials. You CREATE paint in order CREATE paintings. What part of the definition of 'create' don't you understand? *I* am talking about how I don't want to become an architect, I want to pretend to manage a theme park. Those are not the same jobs. If this was advertised as an architecture game using theme parks as a base then it would attract, and repel, a certain fanbase. For example, I would no longer be interested.

Except 6 responses, right?

I suggest you change your attitude sir, otherwise your presence in the Forums might be short lived. I can see your point, that in your opinion "Management" might be lacking. But interestingly every time i ask what aspects are missing exactly, i get no answer just more dancing around the Point.

Also, class Act calling us [removed] because we pointed out that you just made up a Number out of thin Air.

We can have a civil conversation about improving the Game, because then we all benefit from it.

Not this way though. Have a nice Day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your attitude is a bit sharp. I am of the camp that want to have the simulation side of the game. Something like RCT 1-2 and 3. But also with beautiful graphics. A combo.

But I also respect that I might not be the main customer of this game. Of course I can wish. :)

I am not keen on the building part because it is a time trap plus I feel it is not very rewarding because I am not getting paid for it, haha, beyond the likes and downloads of blueprints. I feel it is more rewarding to play scenarios and Planco scenarios are too simplistic. The scenario editor lacks many objectives that we have seen in the past. Otherwise we could have made our own. Double up on the objectives settings in the editor, and I would be happier.

But again.... We aren't the ones making the game. We can just sit and hope. Write text we can do, but bad attitude won't go long. In the end it is the bosses at Frontier that decides.

Top Bottom