News Happy Holidays – Let’s Look Beyond to 2018

Greetings Commanders,

We just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who donated, watched, or sent their messages of support during this year’s 24 hour livestream. We were absolutely blown away by your generosity, as we managed to reach an incredible £54,000 for SpecialEffect before the day finished!

We’re busy uploading some of the highlights for you now, and will let you know when they go up on our YouTube channel. Some of my personal highlights included watching David Braben punch the air with glee as he managed to dock in the original Elite, Zac Antonaci having his insectoid supper, and the two hour EDRPG session.

As in previous years, the 24 hour stream is a nice way to round off the livestream schedule for the year, so I wanted to drop you a note about the streams and other communication coming in early 2018.

Firstly we’ll be continuing the Focused Feedback Forum posts about the features coming to the Beyond Series of updates. We’ve been thrilled with your constructive feedback so far, and wanted to carry on in the same way. In the new year we’ll make new posts relating to the other features in the Beyond series of updates, including Squadrons and more. We’ll also be continuing the livestreams that run alongside these forum posts, where we’ll be joined by Sandro Sammarco to talk about the feedback and explain the initial pitch and concept for the feature in detail.

Discovery Scanner will continue in to 2018, which is our livestream series that goes behind the scenes of the creation of Elite Dangerous. Previously we looked at the creation of the Thargons with Mark Allen and how the Galaxy was brought to life with the Stellar Forge by Dr Anthony Ross. We have a selection of topics ready to discuss, but I’d also love to know who you would love to hear from! Put your suggestions for future episodes in the thread below… and we’ll see what we can do!

The Beyond Series of updates begins in Q1 2018 and is free to all owners of Elite Dangerous: Horizons. As with our other content updates in 2.4, we’ll be ramping up to the launch with livestreams, images and video on social media and blog posts here on the forum. We’re looking forward to showing you what’s coming in the first of the Beyond Series of updates, and show you some in-game examples in the lead up to launch.

In the meantime, please continue enjoying 2.4, as there’s more to come… I've heard some nasty explosions coming from the Pleiades… what’s all that about?

Thanks again, from me and the community team, for another amazing year… here’s to many more.

Ed

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Thank you Ed and thank you to all of the team for a great year, which looks like it's building towards an awesome end!

I'm really looking forward to more of the Discovery Scanner series, just one question though... Thargon screensaver? :p

I would really love to see a Discovery Scanner stream with the Mistress of Minions please. That would be brilliant!

p.s I really loved the EDRPG session as well.

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Cheers Ed and of course Happy Holidays etc to everyone :)

Happy Holidays to you and all the Elite:Dangerous team! It was a great livestream and I'm glad to see such generosity from a fantastic community towards a good cause. Looking forward to the next updates for E:D and what ever 2018 has in hold for us!

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Happy Holidays, and kudos to the team for the live-stream and to everyone in the community who helped support SpecialEffect!

As to what I'd like to see in future Discovery Scanner eps, how about bringing the Mistress of Minions on to talk abotut AI. :)

Congratulations to everyone at Frontier who made the stream possible. I was working both days, so I only caught bits, but it was excellent as always. My donation was indirect, of a Holstein Friesian nature, for someone else as it did two nice things at once.

Have a happy Christmas all at Frontier.

The live stream was thoroughly awesome, as usual, Ed!

For Discovery Scanner, I'd love to see a stream about the UI/HUD and NPCs and how they behave.

Merry Christmas to one and all at FDev :)

Thanks Ed and a happy holiday to you and your colleagues at FD - we are all still here and can´t wait to see BEYOND as soon as possible :)

Thank you for the infos Ed! The discovery scanner livestream is really cool, so are the focused feedback streams! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all you at Frontier!

See you in the void in 3304 :)

o7

The Beyond Series of updates begins in Q1 2018 and is free to all owners of Elite Dangerous: Horizons. As with our other content updates in 2.4, we’ll be ramping up to the launch with livestreams, images and video on social media and blog posts here on the forum. We’re looking forward to showing you what’s coming in the first of the Beyond Series of updates, and show you some in-game examples in the lead up to launch.

In the meantime, please continue enjoying 2.4, as there’s more to come… I've heard some nasty explosions coming from the Pleiades… what’s all that about?

Thanks again, from me and the community team, for another amazing year… here’s to many more.

Ed

Merry Christmas everyone.

When can we expect the first reveals of the Q1 Beyond update? Is it in January or February? Some small weekly sneak-peeks would get people excited.

Top Bottom