News Happy Holidays! Thanks for a great 3304

Happy Christmas and a merry New Year, Happy Kwanzaa, merry Festivus, and as its too late for Chanukah this year I'll wish everyone a happy Tu BiShvat. Oh, and for my Druid friends a happy Alban Arthan, which I think is today.

Greetings Commanders,

We just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for another brilliant year with the Elite Dangerous community. 3304 was an absolute blast with the introduction of Beyond, and we can't wait to see how you engage with the Beyond - Chapter Four content going through to 3305. We hope you’ve enjoyed everything Beyond – Chapter Four has had to offer so far, from exploring the mysterious phenomena hidden out in the black, prospecting and breaking open asteroids… and furthering the reach of your Squadron!

In January we'll be celebrating the 25th anniversary of Frontier, with some fun activities that we’ll share at the beginning of the new year. We’re also planning more episodes of the Discovery Scanner (a livestream series that takes you behind the scenes of the creation of Elite Dangerous), regular giveaways and competitions, weekly news round-up streams and more!

The Elite Dangerous team are working throughout the Christmas period to look at existing player reports and investigate as many as possible. We’ve already introduced a patch that fixed HOTAS binding issues, the majority of console game crashes, the widely-requested Mamba changes, and other prioritised problems (see the full list here). We have another patch planned for early next year, and we assure you that we’re working as hard as we can to get the smoothest Elite Dangerous experience possible.

Thanks again for a wonderful year. We’ll still have developers, customer support representatives and community managers (that’s us!) around in the office (aside from the UK public holidays), so please don’t hesitate to get in touch as usual on the forums, or social media channels during the holiday break.

The Elite Dangerous team

Thanks Will, and the Team. Have some Christmas rep !

Greetings Commanders,

We just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for another brilliant year with the Elite Dangerous community. 3304 was an absolute blast with the introduction of Beyond, and we can't wait to see how you engage with the Beyond - Chapter Four content going through to 3305. We hope you’ve enjoyed everything Beyond – Chapter Four has had to offer so far, from exploring the mysterious phenomena hidden out in the black, prospecting and breaking open asteroids… and furthering the reach of your Squadron!

In January we'll be celebrating the 25th anniversary of Frontier, with some fun activities that we’ll share at the beginning of the new year. We’re also planning more episodes of the Discovery Scanner (a livestream series that takes you behind the scenes of the creation of Elite Dangerous), regular giveaways and competitions, weekly news round-up streams and more!

The Elite Dangerous team are working throughout the Christmas period to look at existing player reports and investigate as many as possible. We’ve already introduced a patch that fixed HOTAS binding issues, the majority of console game crashes, the widely-requested Mamba changes, and other prioritised problems (see the full list here). We have another patch planned for early next year, and we assure you that we’re working as hard as we can to get the smoothest Elite Dangerous experience possible.

Thanks again for a wonderful year. We’ll still have developers, customer support representatives and community managers (that’s us!) around in the office (aside from the UK public holidays), so please don’t hesitate to get in touch as usual on the forums, or social media channels during the holiday break.

The Elite Dangerous team

Happy Holidays as well!

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all at Frontier - and thanks for Beyond (and JWE, of course) in 2018!

Very much looking forward to finding out what 2019 has in store for Frontier games. :D

Happy Holidays. Are you not allowed to say Merry Christmas? :p

This year was really good with substantial improvements for ED.

What's coming in 3305?

Thank you for everything this year Frontier - have a well earned rest (not forgetting those who will still be supporting us over the break).

There have been some fantastic new releases and new features across the Frontier portfolio; not just with Elite: Dangerous ... making possible... THE C U B E.

(Quite a highlight for me personally. Thank you.)

Last edited:
Happy Christmas to all the team, thanks for your efforts.

Was flying an iEagle earlier and racing an SRV along a ridge.

I thought "this is such a good game", 3.5 years in and I can still think things like that :)

Thank you to all at Frontier for this amazing game. Also thanks to my Brother and my 'Mentor' (yes, you know who I thinking of :)) for the support and for the lots of help to make ED to my all time favorite. Merry Christmas to ALL!

o7 to FDev - you really do care about your game, even if some people think the opposite. The amount of work you put into Elite is astounding, and it helps make the game better, year after year.

May you have a splendid set of holidays, rest up, for the new year will surely be just as busy as this one. Good tidings to all!

Keep up the spirit! Happy Christmas and good recreation afterwards :D

[video=youtube_share;aDjHx9SvOSw]https://youtu.be/aDjHx9SvOSw[/video]

Top Bottom