News Happy Holidays! Thanks for a great 3304

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

We just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for another brilliant year with the Elite Dangerous community. 3304 was an absolute blast with the introduction of Beyond, and we can't wait to see how you engage with the Beyond - Chapter Four content going through to 3305. We hope you’ve enjoyed everything Beyond – Chapter Four has had to offer so far, from exploring the mysterious phenomena hidden out in the black, prospecting and breaking open asteroids… and furthering the reach of your Squadron!

In January we'll be celebrating the 25th anniversary of Frontier, with some fun activities that we’ll share at the beginning of the new year. We’re also planning more episodes of the Discovery Scanner (a livestream series that takes you behind the scenes of the creation of Elite Dangerous), regular giveaways and competitions, weekly news round-up streams and more!

The Elite Dangerous team are working throughout the Christmas period to look at existing player reports and investigate as many as possible. We’ve already introduced a patch that fixed HOTAS binding issues, the majority of console game crashes, the widely-requested Mamba changes, and other prioritised problems (see the full list here). We have another patch planned for early next year, and we assure you that we’re working as hard as we can to get the smoothest Elite Dangerous experience possible.

Thanks again for a wonderful year. We’ll still have developers, customer support representatives and community managers (that’s us!) around in the office (aside from the UK public holidays), so please don’t hesitate to get in touch as usual on the forums, or social media channels during the holiday break.

The Elite Dangerous team

Thanks for a great year of updates, some excellent livestreams (and a dinosaur game!)

Have a cool yule everyone, both at Frontier and in the community.

May Santa shower your squadron, freely with Void Opals! o7

:D

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Frontier! Thanks for Beyond and looking forward to 3305 :)

o7

P.S. Pls fix all teh bugz ;)

Thank you too for the best space game so far and the one I spent the most time with in 30+ years (by far, 3k hours or so)! I wish you all at FD some quiet days over Christmas and even if the start of Q4 went a little rough, it rocks. And you all do too.

Thumbs up & O7,
[noob]
Who'll be taking his 17" notebook on an 8hr+ crowded train journey tomorrow just because of ED, and that may mean something. Heh, the extra price for the GTX 1060 was well spent!

Last edited:
And thank you too Frontier. I've just this second finished a write-up of some of my personal ED highlights of the year and jeez what a year it's been!

Personal-highlights-of-the-year-3304

Still loving this game and I really think you guys have knocked it out of the park with the Chapter Four update!

Merry Christmas and here's to 3305!

btrHgNS.png

Last edited:
Since March 2016 you are highlight my life FD. Thanks for that and I wish you a peaceful holidays for you and your families. More fun to come in 2019.

Cheers to all at FDev. You guys and gals care about your products and I know how much of a labour of love each of your titles are.

Some are very demanding or condemning, but I want to be sure to wish you all a happy holiday, a successful 2019, and all the collective smiles you've brought to us all over countless thousands of hours of gametime.

Keep up the amazing work (but take some time for yourselves as welll)!

Merry Christmas to any Frontier Staff who are heading off on their holidays after today.

And Will, I wish you a bland turkey Christmas meal which is tasteless and easy to swallow.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Happy holidays to everyone at Frontier!

Thank you for the update Will, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the anniversary celebrations in the New Year. It's been a fantastic year and the whole team have put in an amazing effort, it's been a huge year for you in terms of expansions, new premises, new games and through all that you've also managed to deliver some brilliant updates to Elite.

Sure it's been a rocky start for 3.3, but the things that have gone into this update have already started to revolutionise the game. Everyone from the bottom to the top should be proud of themselves!

giphy.gif

So happy to hear there's more Discovery Scanner coming, love the series.

Thank you all so much for your work this year! Happy Holidays everyone at Fdev!! <3

Last edited:
Thank you everyone at Frontier Dev! Without you, I would have to talk to my wife in the evenings :).

Have a nice break or a nice time working whilst the others are taking a break and we will see you in the New Year!

Top Bottom