ANNOUNCEMENT Happy Holidays! Thanks for a great 3305

Or in my geriatric case, teaching my wife...

As an aside, I think your PP ideas in the forum make a great deal of sense, maybe one day Frontier will read them through and think ".... yes!" :)

Cheers! I'd cry tears of joy (while curling up into a ball) if that happened.

As predicted, GemsTV is today :D

I wonder if the Diamonique Explorer is set for a price drop?

As predicted, GemsTV is today :D

I wonder if the Diamonique Explorer is set for a price drop?

I'm sure he just forgot to mention "... and setting out the entire 2020 roadmap". Though I'm sure (as usual) they will be asked constantly about it in the chat 🤣

Hey guys, happy 2020!

Just wanted to clarify that today's stream is a welcome back from the holidays and a let's play! We won't be revealing any new info during this stream.

fine, that is, it turns out you deliberately misled your community with regards to today's stream without transferring a new offer to a new line? and after that, in 17 days they didn’t even bother to fix it? let me show you how to do it right?

"We are looking forward to the year 3306, with the introduction of the long-awaited Fleet Carriers and more details about what's in store for the future of Elite Dangerous!

Join us for our first Let's Play livestream on the 6 January at 12:00 (UTC) on YouTube, Twitch and Mixer. We'll see you there!"

Hey guys, happy 2020!

Just wanted to clarify that today's stream is a welcome back from the holidays and a let's play! We won't be revealing any new info during this stream.

Dropped at the last minute to minimize the disappointment haha. Oh frontier, you stealth you. 2020 new era must be beyond epic with all this secrecy.

fine, that is, it turns out you deliberately misled your community with regards to today's stream without transferring a new offer to a new line? and after that, in 17 days they didn’t even bother to fix it? let me show you how to do it right?

"We are looking forward to the year 3306, with the introduction of the long-awaited Fleet Carriers and more details about what's in store for the future of Elite Dangerous!

Join us for our first Let's Play livestream on the 6 January at 12:00 (UTC) on YouTube, Twitch and Mixer. We'll see you there!"

Looks like you misled yourself, probably on purpose so you have something to rant about.

Ooof, tough stream- first one of the year and its carnage in the l/d ratio...like swimming in a piranha tank wearing trunks made of bacon

Oh, last year was very funny and full of verbal skirmishes.
I directly feel that this year will be even more fun. :) 😂

We do need a bit of structure (maybe borrow from PZ or PC) to head off these tense moments really. A pic of the week here and there, some teases etc would go a long way. Make Thursdays great again!

In contrast every time I load Warframe I have half gig updates and minor patches, and I know whats coming in advance.

We do need a bit of structure (maybe borrow from PZ or PC) to head off these tense moments really. A pic of the week here and there, some teases etc would go a long way. Make Thursdays great again!

In contrast every time I load Warframe I have half gig updates and minor patches, and I know whats coming in advance.
oh well, it's in fdev after all. they could not help screwing up.
I am sure that in 2020 there are still a lot of such moments waiting for us :) 😂 :giggle:

The 6th is a lets play livestream, so they won't be doing any huge reveals or anything. Most likely we'll just get an announcement of another future announcement in typical Frontier Style...

Looks like even my meager expectation of an announcement of a later announcement was too ambitious! We won't even be getting that, LOL.

Happy New Years to you too Paige, and to all of Frontier. Let's hope 2020 turns out to be a better year for Elite than 2019 was.

in fact, against their background, even Chris Roberts looks in a very, very good light :giggle:

and you know you're right. I really fooled myself expecting something good from fdev. but really not worth it :)

The holidays message didn't give any date for any announcement, just that the next year would see some news... and both streams are labeled very precisely to clearly tell what to expect in them.

How is it misleading ?

Then of course you can still claim they told things while they didn't and rant anyway, but at least realize that it's what you're doing.

in fact, against their background, even Chris Roberts looks in a very, very good light :giggle:
Erm...
They don't really need to show evidence for this stuff, as it's pretty common knowledge. Arcondes' assertions there are in the right ballpark. If you paid attention to more than just the PR fluff you'd know this already ;)

But just for you...

• 'burned ~250 - 300$':

CIG's recent semi-audited financials reveal that they have approx $7m in available funds left from the $250m+ raised at that point, with a burn rate of approx $7m for the year. Their prior financial overview demonstrates a similar burn rate and reserves of approx $14m at the time. (Seemingly some of the $46m Calders investment has been spent to deal with shortfalls).

• 'It was lied about Bank loan remember it was only a tax loan or something like that.':

The above revelations cast extreme doubt over the vice-chairman's claim that their bank loan from Coutts was purely to avoid currency conversion issues while they waited for their UK tax rebate to arrive. A far more obvious conclusion is that they needed cashflow to meet their operational needs while waiting for their tax rebate to arrive, and the traditional bonanza of the end-of-year ship sales.

• 'Has 16+ Shell companys':

It's pretty hard to keep track of all of them. They added another one recently seemingly: Roberts Space Industries Germany (see: 13. Subsidiaries)

They certainly have an absurd number of inter-related companies at any rate. More than seem strictly necessary to operate a trans-global company. Here's an old Derek Smart list (hold your nose ;)) from 2016.

every time I watch Chris Roberts streams I learn something new about developing star citizen. and ... what do I learn about developing the elite from fdev streams? nothing :)
Then it's your fault that you haven't watched FDev's Discovery Scanner livestreams :)

Top Bottom