PvP Harassing Deciat Gankers

There are functional hacks that have been reported to FDev and are still working with no service interruption since November 2018 at a minimum (when one of my guys reported it). Most PvPers have encountered a hacker at some point which are easy to tell because idiots just max the sliders and a conda running down a 580 m/s FDL is a bit fishy.

This situation would be suspicious to basically anyone because a mostly harmless conda dunking a PvPer screams one of two things: hacker or alt. Alt is more likely, but hackers are more common than anyone likes to admit.

I remember that Anaconda. That was pretty ridiculous.

Is there any place to learn more about what hacking looks like in Elite? Somewhere with real clear videos, stuff like that? Specifically stuff that isn't obvious (like a Conda going 700 m/s). I'd honestly like to educate myself if possible.

Last edited:
Those were inertial impact cytoscramblers, pretty funny for some random fooling around, but less convenient when the target actually moves. I like them for looking like Thargoid lasers.

Goose4291

Banned

Is there any place to learn more about what hacking looks like in Elite? Somewhere with real clear videos, stuff like that? Specifically stuff that isn't obvious (like a Conda going 700 m/s). I'd honestly like to educate myself if possible.

I'm not trawling through the net for you, but in that gap between synthesis being introduced and the engineers there was a clutch of videos made by SDC and RSM players showing them in wings trying to take down vultures that couldn't be damaged.

Naturally, links to these videos don't exist on here (but might on reddit still) because 'PvP_v1d30s-B@d'

I'm not trawling through the net for you, but in that gap between synthesis being introduced and the engineers there was a clutch of videos made by SDC and RSM players showing them in wings trying to take down vultures that couldn't be damaged.

Naturally, links to these videos don't exist on here (but might on reddit still) because 'PvP_v1d30s-B@d'

Nice! That'll give me something to start with.

Goose4291

Banned
Nice! That'll give me something to start with.

They were like blatantly obvious as well, as in four man meta-FDLs with synthesis ammunition not even dinting the first shield ring of one of these ships.

I have a memory of duking it out with one of them (in a vulture myself, that shows how long ago this was) using gimbled bursts and not even dinting them despite firing for well over 3 minutes.

Yesterday i decided to test out my Corvettes PVE build in open, so i logged in that mode near deciat and jumped in, there were ppl there, but none came even near me...
Decided to stick around for a while, saw a commander come in on a DBX, seemed a "noob", so i followed in and saw another commander come and attack him with a FDL, i entered the mix and attacked the FDL since he was fair game "wanted", but as soon as i engaged him he just turned tail and ran, cursing me all the names in the book.

After that the DBX pilot thanked me for the help and i advised the newbie to switch to solo and do the engenieer sites in solo only and dont do it in open.

I sticked around for a while i even tried to intercept and enter in fight with all the ships that seemed to me combat builds, probrably gankers, but none wanted to face me, they all boosted from me and went elsewhere, so im left thinking that playing in open probrably isnt has bad as i thought, but i wont be going in my exploration ship in open to those sites i bet then they will attack me immediatly.

Of all the "big talk" i seen to see in the forums, in reality it seens that if you are a match for most of these ppl, they wont face u, case to say at least in the case of the ones i saw in that hour i was flying around there...

"All talk, but no balls!"

Ill stick to mobius eurasia group for the time being.

PS- Im not a fighter anyway, i preffer exploration above all things in this game, but do have a PVE build for the fun.

Last edited:

ryan_m

Banned

There isn't a compendium because both Reddit and the forums won't let them be posted.

The problem with the current state one is that it let's you fine tune your engineering beyond what's possible in game, so it can be VERY subtle if used by someone that knows the game. 5% better pitch rate, 20% better cooling, 10% more weapon damage, those would be difficult if not impossible to catch and they are possible.

Yesterday i decided to test out my Corvettes PVE build in open, so i logged in that mode near deciat and jumped in, there were ppl there, but none came even near me...
Decided to stick around for a while, saw a commander come in on a DBX, seemed a "noob", so i followed in and saw another commander come and attack him with a FDL, i entered the mix and attacked the FDL since he was fair game "wanted", but as soon as i engaged him he just turned tail and ran, cursing me all the names in the book.

After that the DBX pilot thanked me for the help and i advised the newbie to switch to solo and do the engenieer sites in solo only and dont do it in open.

I sticked around for a while i even tried to intercept and enter in fight with all the ships that seemed to me combat builds, probrably gankers, but none wanted to face me, they all boosted from me and went elsewhere, so im left thinking that playing in open probrably isnt has bad as i thought, but i wont be going in my exploration ship in open to those sites i bet then they will attack me immediatly.

Of all the "big talk" i seen to see in the forums, in reality it seens that if you are a match for most of these ppl, they wont face u, case to say at least in the case of the ones i saw in that hour i was flying around there...

PS- Im not a fighter anyway, i preffer exploration above all things in this game, but do have a PVE build for the fun.
I smell cow poop. He ran away from you while typing swear words at you because you stopped him from ganking someone? Sure he did.
If any part of this absurd story is true, I guarantee the DBX was dead by the time you dropped in on the instance.

Last edited:
I smell cow poop. He ran away from you while typing swear words at you because you stopped him from ganking someone? Sure he did.
If any party of this absurd story is true, I guarantee the DBX was dead by the time you dropped in on the instance.

If u read what i wrote u would probrably realize i was following the DBX up close, the FDL came i waited and scanned him and as soon as he fired on the DBX i open fire on him and he didnt engage me, he ran.
Believe what u want, i just know its not my game or way to play so s i said ill stick to be out of open.

If u read what i wrote u would probrably realize i was following the DBX up close, the FDL came i waited and scanned him and as soon as he fired on the DBX i open fire on him and he didnt engage me, he ran.
Believe what u want, i just know its not my game or way to play so s i said ill stick to be out of open.
dr-evil-austin-powers-yeah-right-meme.jpg

Are you for real? I guess HP running from battle means that he "won" right?
By run you mean high waked after he was defeated? So what, does he have to eat a rebuy for it not to count as running? Get outta here with that nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goose4291

Banned
If any party of this absurd story is true, I guarantee the DBX was dead by the time you dropped in on the instance.

Mentions running a PvE build that causes a 'ganker' to run.

Concludes story with advert for mobius.

It's like they're not even trying anymore to make the stories sound believable.

Awww, cute! Please tell us another Mobius bedtime story.

Awww, cute! Please tell us another Mobius bedtime story.

Jason, are you mocking Azorean for being nice and defending whom he thought was in danger and succeeding? One would think that such mockery, which I don't think is ever valid, should be saved for those who purposely take advantage of the weaker...and then run away upon the slightest threat.

o7

Jason, are you mocking Azorean for being nice and defending whom he thought was in danger and succeeding? One would think that such mockery, which I don't think is ever valid, should be saved for those who purposely take advantage of the weaker...and then run away upon the slightest threat.

o7
I'm mocking him for multiple reasons, not the least of which is because the story sounds like it was fabricated from whole cloth.

Top Bottom