PvP Harassing Deciat Gankers

When attacked by a ganker I try to self-destruct before they murder me.
I've not successfully done that yet, but once perfected I'm sure they'll find it annoying.

That would actually make my day. These sorts of bizarre hilarious unexpected encounters help make the game worth playing, since so much of it is slog.

I might even self destruct with them, if they were responsive on comms. Make it some sort of spiritual event.

As far as surviving 30 secs, a keeneyed ganker might notice the heat damage in time to enjoy the show.

Not sure if serious.
How can it be control if you self-destruct?
In the same time you can high wake away, and escape destruction.
Destruction is the goal of the enemy, you don't win by it.

The thing is Bigmaec, Wargfoot is playing 3d chess here while you're looking at things through the FD propaganda lens.

Folks go around thinking the goal is to make credits, increase command capital, blow up ships, etc.

The real goal is to have fun. And since I don't know how much time I have left, I'm going to get real weird with it. Wargfoot understands this, and is willing to defy all convention in order for total victory.

The thing is Bigmaec, Wargfoot is playing 3d chess here while you're looking at things through the FD propaganda lens.

Folks go around thinking the goal is to make credits, increase command capital, blow up ships, etc.

The real goal is to have fun. And since I don't know how much time I have left, I'm going to get real weird with it. Wargfoot understands this, and is willing to defy all convention in order for total victory.
I've said it before, and someone said it before me (in relation to SS13 of all things) that the moment you lose sight of the fact that the purpose of a video game is to have fun is the moment you're out of touch

You can argue about ways of having fun that come at the expense of the fun of others, but playing a video game should never cross the threshold into work

The real goal is to have fun.
This sounds absolutely ridiculous, but one of my long term goals (and what I would think would be fun) is to head out to Colonia with 3-4 people in Sidewinders and harass the absolute crap out of Loren's Legion. (1) Now the stated goal of the group would be to drive them from Carcosa, but obviously, not having any real chance of succeeding. This would be similar to flies bothering a horse. I think it would also be good practice for flight skills.

The payoff after weeks of harassment is the one time you catch Phisto (2) off guard and actually destroy his ship.

There is a beauty to him hanging his head low, telling others in his squadron, and the universal chorus of "Wait, lol... you died to those guys?"

I'm going to have to die hundreds of times just to learn what works and what doesn't work.
I'll probably do that in a cheap ship so I can experiment and be a pest. :D

NOTES
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: There is probably better 'harrassment' set ups, but I'd want to do something along these lines.
2: He's not on my list per se, but his name is the watermark on all of my stationary.

This sounds absolutely ridiculous, but one of my long term goals (and what I would think would be fun) is to head out to Colonia with 3-4 people in Sidewinders and harass the absolute crap out of Loren's Legion.

It does sound ridiculous, given that Loren's Legion aren't even present in Carcosa.

If you actually read my posts once in a while (and maybe my sig), you'd know that it's Loren's Reapers who are backing the owners of Carcosa.

Really Wargfoot, if you can't get the little things right, how are you going to cope with the big ones?

When did combat in ED get to the state where it appears almost more like the Magic The Gathering card game, than actual space combat?

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
This video made my day. The seal clubbing ganker kid says "I thought it would be an easy kill" and when he gets his butt kicked he exclaims "it turned out to be a hacker". It's a good thing you gave this video to Fdev and not his mom. He'd have his xbox taken away on a timeout.
And yet all the gankers on the forums would have us believe that gankers are in it just to get the PvP good guys to come after them so they can have a real challenge...this video does a good job of showing the lie in that.

It does sound ridiculous, given that Loren's Legion aren't even present in Carcosa.

If you actually read my posts once in a while (and maybe my sig), you'd know that it's Loren's Reapers who are backing the owners of Carcosa.

Really Wargfoot, if you can't get the little things right, how are you going to cope with the big ones?
It sounds like Loren needs to get her things in order.
BTW, I asked for a map (organization chart) for these people and all I got was bubblegum wrappers and death threats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom