Hardpoints Indicator

My first thought was: you should know the state of your ship, it's not worth it. But the last sentence convinced me. For consistencies sake, it would actually make sense to have that indicator there.

Totally agree that, for consistency's sake, an indicator should be added for hardpoints. As for the contention that "I should know the state of my ship", I have had times where my VoiceAttack AI did something I wasn't aware of until I tried to execute something. Depending on what you're doing, you might miss the sound of the gear dropping or cargo scoop deploying and not realize it until you tried to execute afterburners. Having the hardpoint indicator, while not a deal-breaker, would be a welcome addition and would make sense.

At least put an indicator and switch in the right panel's Ship tab like everything else you can turn on and off. It really is a bad omission.

I find it weird that launching a limpet deploys hard points when the limpet controller isn't a hard point. Seems amiss. Same with heat sinks and chaff

I want to be able to play tic-tac-toe like an old BMW ;)
ZNRKiBr.jpg

So may little things that should be easy to add but ignored and this is another one.
Come on Devs. It can't be that hard.

Every little insignificant thing that takes 2 minutes of coding still needs to go through the whole pipeline, from the producers to the designers to the programmers, the artists, the QA team, and deployment. And there's a million little things, all worthy of inclision into the game on their own.

I appreciate there is a process but some things have been left unattended for years. Take for example the Python scoop alignment problem, it has been around since the ship was released years ago and as a programmer I know it is simply a coordinate adjust and trivial and yet overlooked and ignored.

I appreciate there is a process but some things have been left unattended for years. Take for example the Python scoop alignment problem, it has been around since the ship was released years ago and as a programmer I know it is simply a coordinate adjust and trivial and yet overlooked and ignored.

I fly a multi-role Python regularly & manually scoop with it. As long as hardpoints are retracted scooping is no longer the issue it was. Similarly when entering the SRV I can now clip through the rear bodywork & drive straight out the back rather than having to do a three-point turn or reverse out from under the Python.

I agree there are a lot of seemingly simple QoL fixes that could be implemented relatively easily but there's also some pretty huge gameplay features that have not yet been implemented either so I suppose it's a matter of priorities :)

I'm glad your Python scoop works for you but this issue still exists after all these years.

I'm glad your Python scoop works for you but this issue still exists after all these years.

We have the same scoop, it works the same for me as it does for any other player. AFAIK this was fixed (as far as my issue with it was concerned) probably in 3.3 or earlier.

I'm glad it works for you but there are many posts out there saying it isn't working the same as other ships' scoop. It certainly isn't for me but we are getting off-topic so I'll leave it at that. It certainly won't be fixed if it works for some and not for others like many other long term bugs. Eg. the station 'clear to land' acknowledgement bug has been around for ages just like the landing light one was.

Honestly I'd like to see an "FSD retracts hardpoints" option to go along with the "firing deploys hardpoints" one if they're not going to give us an indicator.
I've suggested here before, and I still think it would be a good idea, that if you press your FSD button and something (gear, hardpoints, scoop) is stopping you from jumping, then pressing it a second time should automatically retract everything. I feel it's a simple, non-disruptive solution.

I'm not against the automation of systems but I'd prefer having indicators showing extended or retracted and let the commander take care of their operation. I mean the system already knows their state so adding a visual aid is trivial to implement.

Top Bottom