Hardware mismatch?

Hi All,

I've been playing PlanCo for a couple of years with no issues at all but 2 weeks ago built a new pc and have been experiencing crashes ever since. The game will crash everytime i play it, about 20 minutes or so in.
My wonder is if I have some sort of hardware mismatch as I have 10thgen 19-10850, 64GBram, NVME drives, but still using my old GTX970 while I wait for my RTX3070 to arrive whenever they become available.
The GPU is the same I had in my old machine and always played the game fine. My hardware monitor says its ram is being used fully but its not overheating and the performance of the game is till speedy.
The game crashes in saved games, new games, everything. I even loaded up my game and left it idle for half an hour and it crashed. I have also reduced the graphics settings to Low. I have clean installed the NVidia driver, run it in fullscreen and disbaled Steams overlay. It makes no sense. Frontier support are taking days to get back so wondered if anyone on here had any ideas at all as to what could be the issue.

I'm a video producer so am working fairly intensively on the machine all day and have zero issues at all, its been brilliant with everything I've done.

Thanks,

Are you running a older power supply?
How are your temperatures?
Did you get a matching pair of memory or have you combined different brands/speeds?

Hi,

New PSU, 750watt. My GPU has hit 74 at most, if I turn the fans to 100% on it it does less, but importantly it has crashed at lower temperatures so doesn't appear to be an overheating thing. The system is cooled far better than my previous and I've cleaned out the GPU heatsinks. As it's the same GPU that used to be fine, running the same park too, I dont understand it.
CPU is water/radiator so isn't getting near those temps.
RAM is 4 sticks of identical.
PlanCo is the only game that I play but the machine has been doing plenty of 4k editing and graphics rendering etc with no issue whatsoever.

Any other things I could check?

Thanks for helping

I would start up your event viewer and see what program or driver crashed. I assume your windows did not crash at the same time. The event log might hint to a broken driver or dll. Did you try another game? Running a stress test to raise temp might help in identifying the problem. Also a memory test is recommended.

It is possible the 970 has problems. If you have a second gpu you can test this theory. But this is something less likely imo

Thanks. Just reading now about how to use the event viewer to find problems. Not something I've done before. I don't have any other games to try, can get one to try I guess.
Can run memtest, but if it was memory wouldn't it cause other issues across the system and crash windows itself?

Top Bottom