Harmless restricted systems will be ganked to death

Good thinking FD. The harmless systems will become ganking only zones with people continuously resetting their accounts to gank in sidewinders and new players will abandon the game in an heartbeat.

I suggest to put a BIG WARNING telling them not to start the game in OPEN.

I'm sure that can and will happen, until it starts to get boring again and resetting and restarting an account is kind of tedious as well. I am also sure though that there will be people who buy accounts for the single purpose of harrassing other people.
I don't like the "starter zone" thing at all, to be honest. Feels completely artificially and doesn't really want to fit into that "cutthroat galaxy" at all. I'd rather have PvP immunity for pilots without ranks.

For what gain? Once they'd gain a Combat rank they're out of there, only to reset and do it again and never actually gaining anything. If someone made an alt account for doing that, then they're really wasting more than just time for nothing, money as well...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but one already announced that he'll do just that or find another way to break into there. For a really safe starter zone, PvP damage must be off there, period.

Frontier could make a change where you can only reset your account once every 24 hours. Whilst it wouldn't completely stop some gankers from killing a few newbies, they will soon get bored as there would be more fun to be had at Deciat.

Honest question to those who are planning to do it: Why do you want to kill newbies in the protected systems?
I can't speak for anyone else but I do it to start wars. Nothing gets white knight squads more worked up and ready to fight than killing noobs in Eravate.
If I start getting bored and can't find good pews I go spend a day killing noobs and the good pews come to me.

Edit: I'm actually not planning to do it after the patch cause it sounds like too many extra steps and if I wanna mine salt I can just gank scrubs in Deciat and Shinrarta.

Last edited:
Really not that big of a deal. Someone dies in a video game. They arent losing anything.

They also said they will have a new interface when logging into the game. Im sure all that will be covered there as well as loading tips and mode options.

If someone feels griefed after all that. Its their own fault just like it is when someone with over 1000 hours complains about getting ganked at a CG.

No reason to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Yeah, Can't help but think actual working Crime, Punishment and Security with the core worlds actually being secure would be a far better solution that doesn't smash you over the head with the immersion hammer.
I actually agree with you 100%. Who knows, that might be in the next update though.

That. Now people can't use their void opal Anacondas to clubb some seals any more.
Sure, there will be CMDRs ganking newbs, but they will be in sideys, too. Some people will propably even learn from this.
My rememberance is bad, if you reset, do you lose engineers? Because if it's unengineered sideys against unengineered sideys, even better.
I'm in favor of this, I asked for something like this for ages. Just a bit sad because Eravate &Co provided some interesting emergent content, be it either white knight versus bad guys PvP or showing-off-your-murdervette (y)

You lose everything.

Reset to sidewinder.

Kill a mate with a huge bounty (as PvP kills don't count towards your elite rank, and neither does money earned through bounty hunting.

Unstoppable MDK spree
Aren't player bounties capped to 2 million? Granted, thats more then enough to gank noobs, but isn't that a bit silly? I mean, you can gank a noob in the starter sidey as well as, for example, an A-rated Viper ?!

Lestat

Banned
One thing I had 3 accounts. I started in the starter zone never been ganked. One thing I think they should have done. Was if players wanted to help Newbies. Have a separate launch feature. You come in as a Sidewinder, Your weapons do not damage other New players shields or Armour but can help in any activity . And all your are able to do is Give advice. Or help in combat, exploration or trading.

It will not affect your main account.

One thing I had 3 accounts. I started in the starter zone never been ganked. One thing I think they should have done. Was if players wanted to help Newbies. Have a separate launch feature. You come in as a Sidewinder, Your weapons do not damage other New players shields or Armour but can help in any activity . And all your are able to do is Give advice. Or help in combat, exploration or trading.

It will not affect your main account.

If someone wants to help or mentor a beginner, why do they have to enter the Beginner's system. The newbie can jump out to meet their mentor and the teaching to commence there.

Lestat

Banned
If someone wants to help or mentor a beginner, why do they have to enter the Beginner's system. The newbie can jump out to meet their mentor and the teaching to commence there.
All I am doing is tossing an idea. Some players we have learned don't read the manual or do tutorials when they start a new game and might not know how to jump out of a system. Also, I think it would be easier to meet a Mentor in a beginners system than randomly meet one on the outside.

All I am doing is tossing an idea. Some players we have learned don't read the manual or do tutorials when they start a new game and might not know how to jump out of a system. Also, I think it would be easier to meet a Mentor in a beginners system than randomly meet one on the outside.

Very true and I will freely admit I never did all the tutorials nor read the manual when I started - now I wish I did. But FD are taking remedial action by introducing the tutorials in-game (I would image being able to enter the tutorials directly from the cockpit when you are docked) and the new Flight Manual. If I had my say, I would make any new pilot complete the tutorials before they are allowed to attempt their first real departure but I realise that would be met with howls of protest here.

Lestat

Banned
Very true and I will freely admit I never did all the tutorials nor read the manual when I started - now I wish I did. But FD are taking remedial action by introducing the tutorials in-game (I would image being able to enter the tutorials directly from the cockpit when you are docked) and the new Flight Manual. If I had my say, I would make any new pilot complete the tutorials before they are allowed to attempt their first real departure but I realise that would be met with howls of protest here.
I read the original paperback Manual. o_O I would have to agree with you on the tutorials. If you read some of the suggestions on how to make the game easier and If you ask did you read the Manual or tutorials. You get a no.

Unless FDev restricts it so if you gain a rank of any kind on your entire account you will no longer be granted access to the starter systems, you'd have to buy the game again each time you want to cause havoc in the starter systems.

Top Bottom