PvP Harry Potter's reverse stream snape of Thargoid Tuesday

I think we got more than our fair share of laughs. Altho one
of our newest pilots, CMDR Ozryell, did get taken down, our core team barely noticed,
myself included. He will be avenged! Besides being somewhat unhinged in his attack, most of us thought he was only joking.
I mean he attacked 6 of us - lol Methinks our Thargoid builds have become quite difficult
to overcome. I mean if you can tank a Thargoid Harry Potter aint gonna do more
than make 5 experienced Hive commanders laugh, which we did in abundance as you'll hear if
you watch this. It starts from the beginning of the Thargoid fight. Harry comes in at the end and
starts firing away while we're all chilling...lol

start at approx 60 min...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/317575572
https://youtu.be/e7e_87vS8Pk

Last edited:
I think we got more than our fair share of laughs. Altho one
of our newest pilots, CMDR Ozryell, did get taken down, our core team barely noticed,
myself included. He will be avenged! Besides being somewhat unhinged in his attack, most of us thought he was only joking.
I mean he attacked 6 of us - lol Methinks our Thargoid builds have become quite difficult
to overcome. I mean if you can tank a Thargoid Harry Potter aint gonna do more
than make 5 experienced Hive commanders laugh, which we did in abundance as you'll hear if
you watch this. It starts from the beginning of the Thargoid fight. Harry comes in at the end and
starts firing away while we're all chilling...lol

start at approx 60 min...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/317575572
https://youtu.be/e7e_87vS8Pk

Frankly, I'm surprised he's still playing.

I've had to defend against Truffle/Archon in the last week and I assure you that was a completely different threat level :)
Besides, at least there was some dialogue....that aint role play....in any event...u right!

Wow. What a poor display of teamwork. No one actually gave a fig. Well done boys.

Edit: and how is this a failed stream snipe? He succeeded quite clearly.

yep, no one really did actually...thing is the instancing is pretty messed up atm so some of us saw different scenarios as rubber banding occurred a few times...also had three game crashes in an hour at the exact same moment....a nano before I got paid...I will say that on the 3rd time it happened I wrote on the crash report "This is the 3rd time this has happened in an hour after defeating a Thargoid. You owe me 10 million!"...I logged back in an hour or less later and there was 10M in my combat bonds, full ammo and 100% hull...how cool is that? Thanks FDev!

He disrupted your event and successfully killed one of your guys. Sorry dude, but you got got.

And the rest of the wing couldn't care less as the "noob" gets clobbered right in front of them...

Why Gosht has chosen to share this shameful display of lack of team spirit/efficiency bewilders me.

Last edited:
yeh, the rest of the wing laughed Potter off but we were somewhat involved with Thargoid hunting not PvP but sure swing it anyway you want. the station was only a few seconds away and The Hive doesn't expect to be gunned at by invited wing members and yet this thread is not meant as anything other than entertainment. Potter is welcome to try and disrupt and we're welcome to ignore or disrupt back. Such is the game. It would also help to know if the person attacking is following game lore in their attack or is just a mad dog, ne cest pas? o7 and fly dangerous, not salty...x

yeh, the rest of the wing laughed Potter off but we were somewhat involved with Thargoid hunting not PvP but sure swing it anyway you want. the station was only a few seconds away and The Hive doesn't expect to be gunned at by invited wing members and yet this thread is not meant as anything other than entertainment. Potter is welcome to try and disrupt and we're welcome to ignore or disrupt back. Such is the game. It would also help to know if the person attacking is following game lore in their attack or is just a mad dog, ne cest pas? o7 and fly dangerous, not salty...x

I'm sorry commander, but you're in denial. I understand a victims need to create a self-sustaining narrative, but the video you share and the story you tell simply don't add up.

If you don't believe me, here's David Attenborough for you to explain what really happened:

UzPsryJ.gif

The Hive has NOTHING to be proud of in your shared video. On the contrary; it shows an embarrassing lack of will to engage when under attack. Most of the attack shows you safely docked, while cmdr Ozryell sends distress calls as his shields fail and he is eventually killed. All the while you chatter on about what sort of outfitting you should use to show Harry what's what? Seriously?

Wake up.

Last edited:
of course this is just a continuation of the stream snipe during which you seek to justify someone joining a group of people who advise you of their intentions to fight Thargoids whom you choose not to reply to and wait until they're engaged with a Cyclops to begin shooting you in the back....hahaha...yeh, I was somewhat stumped about what to do at the station but I eventually followed orders and went back to the Thargoid fight, which was our mission. That Thargoid died, along with lots of others on Thargoid Tuesday. Both before, during and after HP. I think that means that our goals were met. And btw, when our newb was killed I was in the fight, and not docked at the station. Our wing leader was outside the station at the same time but was unable to help him as he had 5% shields. Damn, you're merciless.

ps...personally happy to be stream sniped. whether it's here or there. I've been insulted by experts and don't care about a rebuy. I just love the attention.

Isn't the Issue here - simply the "Stream Sniping" ? Not the Thargoid Takedown/Teamwork, whether it was in Open vs PG etc etc...
What was the point...other than merely to "irritate" other players...
Cmdr Gosht' feed...tends to be viewed by others in his wing and a fairly small audience...so its not about any dubious "publicity" (other than that which harry Potter has garnered here)...
Nor is there any in-game motivation (Cmdr Gosht rightly points out the difference between the HALT attacks role-played as "Thargoid Defenders" which were welcomed and enjoyed) no benefit in terms of money, influence or Powerplay Merits...
The poor noob singled out is in an anti-Thargoid ship armed with AX/Guardian Weapons so hardly a "peer-class" adversary for PvP...so it wasn't even done as an enjoyable PvP dogfight...
it was quite simply an individual (inadequate?) who took his enjoyment from seeing others having fun within the game and disrupting that...
It may well be allowable under Frontiers EULA...but if a similar action happened in the "Real-World" would involve a response more immediate and direct than a giggle and a shoulder shrug...

Isn't the Issue here - simply the "Stream Sniping" ? Not the Thargoid Takedown/Teamwork, whether it was in Open vs PG etc etc...
What was the point...other than merely to "irritate" other players...
Cmdr Gosht' feed...tends to be viewed by others in his wing and a fairly small audience...so its not about any dubious "publicity" (other than that which harry Potter has garnered here)...
Nor is there any in-game motivation (Cmdr Gosht rightly points out the difference between the HALT attacks role-played as "Thargoid Defenders" which were welcomed and enjoyed) no benefit in terms of money, influence or Powerplay Merits...
The poor noob singled out is in an anti-Thargoid ship armed with AX/Guardian Weapons so hardly a "peer-class" adversary for PvP...so it wasn't even done as an enjoyable PvP dogfight...
it was quite simply an individual (inadequate?) who took his enjoyment from seeing others having fun within the game and disrupting that...
It may well be allowable under Frontiers EULA...but if a similar action happened in the "Real-World" would involve a response more immediate and direct than a giggle and a shoulder shrug...

You are bringing up real world consequences in a video game where we have FTL travel and Thargoids?

You are bringing up real world consequences in a video game where we have FTL travel and Thargoids?

at worst it's a false equivalence used to describe an abhorrent action by someone whose been proved to be the epitome of game evil over and over....can you blame us for not taking him seriously? Or you for that matter...

at worst it's a false equivalence used to describe an abhorrent action by someone whose been proved to be the epitome of game evil over and over....can you blame us for not taking him seriously? Or you for that matter...

Fortunately, seriousness is not on the table.
Ironically, that seems to be your issue.

That said, do you actually know what "sniping" means?

Hard to consider that a failure, using that term.
It describes it perfectly.

well I'm glad we can agree that stream sniping is a worthy profession if it comes with some style and/or game lore....none evidenced in the stream...did you see him crashing into the station when I was leaving? Proiceless! But hardly stylish...

Top Bottom