Has anyone found any Settlement Defence Plans since update 6?

I found my holy grail two days ago.
Already have a G5 Mav & Dom, Mav had pre-modded Night Vision, as does a G3 Artemis, but I travelled from Station to Station (like the 'thin white duke') hoping to find a G2 or 3 Suit with NV.
Finally got hold of a G3 with NV two days ago. So now I can just wander around now doing Missions & finding stuff to upgrade it as I want. So far I'm doing rather rather well, close to upgrading to G5 & near to getting my 2 other Suit mods that I want on the Dom Suit.

The grind for the other Engineer's will not happen, as like the Ship Engineer's, I don't need to unlock 'em all 'cos I don't need their mods ;)

I found my holy grail two days ago.
Already have a G5 Mav & Dom, Mav had pre-modded Night Vision, as does a G3 Artemis, but I travelled from Station to Station (like the 'thin white duke') hoping to find a G2 or 3 Suit with NV.
Finally got hold of a G3 with NV two days ago. So now I can just wander around now doing Missions & finding stuff to upgrade it as I want. So far I'm doing rather rather well, close to upgrading to G5 & near to getting my 2 other Suit mods that I want on the Dom Suit.

The grind for the other Engineer's will not happen, as like the Ship Engineer's, I don't need to unlock 'em all 'cos I don't need their mods ;)
Now you can team up with someone for more fun!

Steve 07.

Maybe.....someday!
Still enjoy playing on my own, don't think my combat skills are good enough to team up....yet!
You do not need to have good combat skills to team up with someone. Having a wingman or being one makes many things easier. And it is fun.

You do not need to have good combat skills to team up with someone. Having a wingman or being one makes many things easier. And it is fun.
How does that work anyway on-foot? If I'd liberate a settlement with bullets, would the other "team" members receive bounties and/or notoriety?

Rewards are shared, but as far as I can tell, to get the bounty or fine your CMDR has to be a bad person. The only experience I had, was a three person team on an assassination mission. I got scanned with e-breaches on me and the settlement became hostile to me, but not to my team mates. I left, returned and the base was non hostile.

Steve. 07.

Rewards are shared, but as far as I can tell, to get the bounty or fine your CMDR has to be a bad person. The only experience I had, was a three person team on an assassination mission. I got scanned with e-breaches on me and the settlement became hostile to me, but not to my team mates. I left, returned and the base was non hostile.

Steve. 07.
Yeah, I figured it would glitch out a bit when you're in a team. And thanks to Odyssey and my unwillingness to simply farm anarchy settlements, I have constant notoriety and a bunch of bounties. I have no objections getting my hands dirty if other players want to stay on the lawful side. Covert missions are a lot easier if you don't mind unconscious-ing a few inhabitants to get the alarms disabled.

Yeah, I figured it would glitch out a bit when you're in a team. And thanks to Odyssey and my unwillingness to simply farm anarchy settlements, I have constant notoriety and a bunch of bounties. I have no objections getting my hands dirty if other players want to stay on the lawful side. Covert missions are a lot easier if you don't mind unconscious-ing a few inhabitants to get the alarms disabled.
Where I am, lots of legal missions to raid settlements or exterminate scavs.

Interesting thing about sharing missions with team members. Only one needs to go to the mission. My team mate and I can each take a transport mission and share. He goes off to do his mission, whilst I head off to mine. And even if we go to different systems and nowhere near the other, we can claim the rewards for both missions.

Steve 07.

Where I am, lots of legal missions to raid settlements or exterminate scavs.

Interesting thing about sharing missions with team members. Only one needs to go to the mission. My team mate and I can each take a transport mission and share. He goes off to do his mission, whilst I head off to mine. And even if we go to different systems and nowhere near the other, we can claim the rewards for both missions.

Steve 07.
You mean settlement raids targeting anarchy factions? As for the scavengers, I got tired of those pretty soon. They're just trying to play together to get materials and data, no reason to go and grief them.

You mean settlement raids targeting anarchy factions? As for the scavengers, I got tired of those pretty soon. They're just trying to play together to get materials and data, no reason to go and grief them.
If the local authority wants a posse to clean up a town full of scavs or criminals, I am up for that. Not up for just hitting anarchy settlements/factions because they are there. Must follow the legal routes!

Steve 07.

If the local authority wants a posse to clean up a town full of scavs or criminals, I am up for that. Not up for just hitting anarchy settlements/factions because they are there. Must follow the legal routes!

Steve 07.
The mission givers however don't do any vetting or other background checks though, they're quite happy (in my case) to hire a criminal. The concourse mission givers in particular don't even care if you're on Anonymous Access either.

The concourse mission givers in particular don't even care if you're on Anonymous Access either.
I think this is the main reason they exist. Sure, there's the oh-so-precious "immersion", but the actual game reason is as a circumvention of anonymous protocols.

I think it's just a design oversight. :p
Why ever would you think that? We have ready access to the concourse via anonymity, the NPC mission givers are generally quite nefarious themselves, and they tend to operate on a no-questions-asked basis.

Why ever would you think that? We have ready access to the concourse via anonymity, the NPC mission givers are generally quite nefarious themselves, and they tend to operate on a no-questions-asked basis.
I appreciate your positive approach to the situation, but given the disconnect between the base game (Horizons included) and Odyssey on multiple fronts, I just imagine that they forgot about anonimity with regards to the concourse and didn't implement such a mechanic (yet).

Besides, the concourse mission givers have the same "standard" missions that you can find on any mission board. Apart from being able to haggle for increased rewards, there's really not much that sets them apart.

I appreciate your positive approach to the situation, but given the disconnect between the base game (Horizons included) and Odyssey on multiple fronts, I just imagine that they forgot about anonimity with regards to the concourse and didn't implement such a mechanic (yet).

Besides, the concourse mission givers have the same "standard" missions that you can find on any mission board. Apart from being able to haggle for increased rewards, there's really not much that sets them apart.
I think Wile E Coyote's arguments against gravity have more effect in convincing me. For one, I don't see any disconnect other than the operation of on-foot combat zones.

I think Wile E Coyote's arguments against gravity have more effect in convincing me. For one, I don't see any disconnect other than the operation of on-foot combat zones.
It would make sense to me that I wouldn't be able to disembark or enter the concourse when I can't access some of the other station services from my ship either.

I don't want to ruin anyone's weekend by listing disconnects, but I think I just accidentally stumbled upon a new one (for me at least). If you happen to be at a concourse, could you check and see if relogging keeps refreshing the concourse missions givers? ^^

If you happen to be at a concourse, could you check and see if relogging keeps refreshing the concourse missions givers? ^^
I'm not approaching concourses at the moment, and that would be similar behavior to Horizons missions, except those refresh just by cycling the mission board menu.

Really, that relog does anything worthwhile (or destroys what is there) is just broken.

Top Bottom