Has anyone gone to Colonia, just for the shield cell upgrade?

Feeling your frustration Cmdr...hope you feel better soon, likewise I have a slight disability that can lay me up and stop me flying, or being able to concentrate on flying .

o7

Feeling your frustration Cmdr...hope you feel better soon, likewise I have a slight disability that can lay me up and stop me flying, or being able to concentrate on flying .

o7
But... ED (and the folk in 'our' community) keeps calling us back to play - all good fun 🐀

Someone on this thread said to unlock all the engineers while there. I am wondering why that would be worth it?
More pinned blueprints is faster access to engineering your new ship without even taking it out of the hangar, so potentially fewer engineers to visit if you only need them to apply the experimentals.

For a combat focus I'd recommend:
Brandon: your favourite SCB
Olmanova: whichever of HRPs and Armour you don't have pinned with Jean
Hicks: multicannons (McQuinn can then be used for railgun pins)
Dorn: probably life support, since it's another exclusive

It'll also take you less time to unlock the other three than it took you to travel to Colonia in the first place, so it'll be far more efficient to do it now than to decide in six months you want another one and come back here again.

More pinned blueprints is faster access to engineering your new ship without even taking it out of the hangar, so potentially fewer engineers to visit if you only need them to apply the experimentals.

For a combat focus I'd recommend:
Brandon: your favourite SCB
Olmanova: whichever of HRPs and Armour you don't have pinned with Jean
Hicks: multicannons (McQuinn can then be used for railgun pins)
Dorn: probably life support, since it's another exclusive

It'll also take you less time to unlock the other three than it took you to travel to Colonia in the first place, so it'll be far more efficient to do it now than to decide in six months you want another one and come back here again.
Ahh. Good point.
I will do that, and pin blueprints that differ from the ones I have.
I will be well upset when I get back to the bubble ,after travelling thousands of LY's only to find that They didn't stay pinned. Or if they become unpinned after a while.
I'm sure that must of happened to some people.
If that happens, I think I would have to raise a ticket with FD. (Another thing I've not done before)

You mean at Mel Brandon? I was there few days ago and he still didn't have G5 shield cell mods, max was G4.
From Inara:
This engineer may be upgraded to build higher grades of blueprints over time. Please report any changes.
Be aware that although he is capable to engineer grade 5 Shield cell banks, no such blueprints exists!

From Inara:
This engineer may be upgraded to build higher grades of blueprints over time. Please report any changes.
Be aware that although he is capable to engineer grade 5 Shield cell banks, no such blueprints exists!
Yep. Only G1-G4. I pinned it just in case.

yeah I just did it.

72 jumps in a stripped anaconda using spanish plotter. did it in 1 evening. took a sidewinder back.

took longer to unlock the engineers than to get there.

no
the only way to respawn in the bubble is to take the free sidewinder - which means you have to lose the Annie for good
if you pay the insurance for Annie, you respawn at the last port you docked
Hasn't this been changed not long ago? At least FD wanted to change it in 'next station nearby' (I die too rarely, no clue).

No, but it was a nice bonus to be able to upgrade my exploraconda that much more. Plus the G5 lightweight life support.

Flossy said so... i rarely die so i cant tell.
But if it is like this, it means that one can short considerably the trip to Colonia if he explodes at the right time :)
Maybe they back-paddled in the last minute because of exactly this and I must have missed that (if it was announced at all).

Hmmm...

Perhaps we should paint Colonia in a worse light... Don't want folk thinking that they can just come out here to millions of pristine rings to mine, easy access to most unexplored space, or a bunch of 'really nice folk' who only gank their friends (nice to strangers - and as no-one is stranger than I)...

As soon as Phisto had posted about 'growing' their engineers I had a 'good' reason to return. shame I now have to wait for a new HOTAS to arrive :mad:
Rat on first read of this I was regretting my decision to fly to Colonia a little less and then noted you self describe as a compulsive liar! SO Colonia is in fact a barren gankfest wasteland serving dodgy sausage rolls! Help me Jesus :eek:

At least not long (maybe half a year) ago the free Sidewinder still used to send you back to the bubble, regardless of where you die (used to be one of the starter systems, e.g. LHS3447, don't know how it's now with the new playpen).

Top Bottom