Haters gonna hate

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
A pattern I see is angry ex-players who can't move on for whatever reason repeating each others trivial video gaming gripes without any fact checking whatsoever. Which isn't really feedback worth reading unless you fancy having a laugh.

It does very neatly explain downvoting a stream before it even starts though.
Since you're accusing people of griping without any fact checking whatsoever.

Where does this thread say folk were downvoting before the stream even started? As you claim. Because it looks like the whole basis of your argument isn't even true.

How many votes are we talking about? Do you know?

Why are you jumping to the conclusion that early downvotes aren't legitimate, I've cited 3 reasons in this thread I think could result in early downvotes.

A pattern I see is angry ex-players who can't move on for whatever reason repeating each others trivial video gaming gripes without any fact checking whatsoever. Which isn't really feedback worth reading unless you fancy having a laugh.

It does very neatly explain downvoting a stream before it even starts though.

You seem to respond to a lot it, though, I've noticed.

You seem to respond to a lot it, though, I've noticed.

Yep, hence my use of the phrase "unless you fancy having a laugh".

I'll give you a for instance. A new patch comes out, player 'A' who proudly ragequit a few years ago starts spamming the forum with furious comments that the patch for a game he no longer plays and hasn't tried just isn't good enough to meet his meticulous standards (again). He knows this is true because he read a comment by player 'B' who also doesn't play anymore that there were a few teething issue bugs that have already been hotfixed, neither of them know about the hotfix as they don't play.

Q : What's the sum total of their combined "feedback" worth ?.

A : Giggling, maybe outright laughter and a bit of finger pointing.

Yep, hence my use of the phrase "unless you fancy having a laugh".

I'll give you a for instance. A new patch comes out, player 'A' who proudly ragequit a few years ago starts spamming the forum with furious comments that the patch for a game he no longer plays and hasn't tried just isn't good enough to meet his meticulous standards (again). He knows this is true because he read a comment by player 'B' who also doesn't play anymore that there were a few teething issue bugs that have already been hotfixed, neither of them know about the hotfix as they don't play.

Q : What's the sum total of their combined "feedback" worth ?.

A : Giggling, maybe outright laughter and a bit of finger pointing.
Don't forget player 'B' no doubt got all the information about the patch from an influencer, you know, one of those experts who only are about the good of the game and all that ;)

Don't forget player 'B' no doubt got all the information about the patch from an influencer, you know, one of those experts who only are about the good of the game and all that ;)

Do not meddle in the affairs of influenza's for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Well its that or in the words of Brian of Nazareth "There's no pleasing some people".

Really taking a jab at the people who probably helped you get you to the next level in the game?

Given they're all given some form of tribute by frontier, from newsletter features that directly leads to money all the way to open bar tabs and expensive meals, they seem pretty strong white knights to me. Oh maybe its the size of their jousting stick.

The only thing funny that they do is they all universally hate all of us on the forums, yet they seem to know to the minute what's happening here so must me lurking as much as the rest of us. Must be a misery for em.

ps. If even yamicks gets free drinks paid for by our ship skins, i think we should get a forum trolls paint set at least.

Last edited:
Really taking a jab at the people who probably helped you get you to the next level in the game?

Given they're all given some form of tribute by frontier, from newsletter features that directly leads to money all the way to open bar tabs and expensive meals, they seem pretty strong white knights to me. Oh maybe its the size of their jousting stick.

The only thing funny that they do is they all universally hate all of us on the forums, yet they seem to know to the minute what's happening here so must me lurking as much as the rest of us. Must be a misery for em.

ps. If even yamicks gets free drinks paid for by our ship skins, i think we should get a forum trolls paint set at least.

They provide fun forum content. The open letter was hilarious and spawned a forum meme. Then their displeasure at getting exactly what they asked for in it spawned a second.

Long may they reign (actual amount of genuine deference may be wildly overstated).

Oh you poor man, making assumptions like that.

I can state with 100% clarity that no influencer helped me get to any level, never used any videos, never used any of their helpful hints to make a billion credits in an hour. If I had a question, I came here and asked, well first I would use the search button and do a little research but if the info was old, I would ask. And not surprisingly, I got answers.

They might have been the darling of FD in the past but since most have now jumped on the 'FD bad, ED bad' bandwagon (more video likes with that type of content evidently), and after the assumed they could speak on behalf of the entire community, I would envisage that some might not get an invite to FDHQ in the near future.

But lets agree to disagree, all I am seeing here is a growing backlash against some of them.

Don't bother responding, you won't get a bite nor an argument from me on this. I have said my peace, please go and annoy someone else.

You mean like what you and others have done with the OP of this thread? How ironic..
Sorry how exactly?

I literally went through Frontier's videos, pulled a bunch of stats, shoved em into a graph, pull comment data and threw it into a post in an attempt to pull some reasonable data on the topic. (Then got moaned at because I was putting too much effort in and apparently that's very suspicious)

You raised an issue I tried to pull something objective from that to see if we can draw any conclusions.

As far as I can see in this thread I am the only person who's actually provided a number of reasons why someone might legitamately vote down a video early, which of course nobody wanted to comment on.

I was the only person in this thread to ask you for actual data on what you'd seen regards the downvoting.

Whatever my conclusion is about whether this is some hate campaign actively downvoting or not, I do think it's a bit rich to claim it's me dismissing all criticism out of hand.

FWIW I don't really see justification that there's some hate campaign downvoting, I provided legit reasons you may see downvotes. I don't think it would be an issue anyway, people will express their opinion and ups/downs are the same from YouTube's perspective. It's certainly not worth getting upset about. Even if there was I don't think brushing it off as "haters" is that useful, since that way just blocks the livestreams being improved.

There is a difference between disagreeing and dismissing criticism out of hand.

Last edited:
Sorry how exactly?
The evidence is in this thread for anyone to see, they just need read through your (and other "haters") claims and borderline lies about what I've posted and the motives behind those posts.

BTW- I use the term "haters" in the Taylor Swift jargon-of-the-day sort of way. I'm guessing most people don't hate Frontier the same way they hate the drunk driver who ran over their dog, but you all have made it very clear you have a "strong dislike" for the company and feel vindicated in using non-constructive methods to communicate that dislike. So yeah, Taylor Swift was singing about you.

iu

The evidence is in this thread for anyone to see, they just need read through your (and other "haters") claims and borderline lies about what I've posted and the motives behind those posts.

Sorry what claims and borderline lies have I posted? Can you link them?

What did you think about me putting some actual video stats in the thread to try to bring some level of objectivity about opinion on the stream? You're saying it's not useful I suppose? [https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/haters-gonna-hate.536178/post-8262203]

Was my asking you for numbers about the time period and how many downvotes in here (13 pages into the thread) so we could all see some actual figures, not useful? [https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/haters-gonna-hate.536178/page-13#post-8263690]

How about citing 3 decent reasons that someone might downvote early? That wasn't useful to the thread in any way? [https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/haters-gonna-hate.536178/page-13#post-8263725] [https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/haters-gonna-hate.536178/page-15#post-8264046]

Last edited:
Look, if one guy starts spewing bile all over the place you might reasonably characterise him as a hater; ie. someone who is full of hate, needs to offload it somewhere, and for reasons we can only guess at, chose FD. But when they're all over the place, that simply won't do. I don't know of any other games maker that has stirred up so much bile. Not one. (Cue smartarse: "I think you'll find.....").

Look, if one guy starts spewing bile all over the place you might reasonably characterise him as a hater; ie. someone who is full of hate, needs to offload it somewhere, and for reasons we can only guess at, chose FD. But when they're all over the place, that simply won't do. I don't know of any other games maker that has stirred up so much bile. Not one. (Cue smartarse: "I think you'll find.....").

Are they all over the place or are they just having a very loud tantrum indeed ?.

The super negative types are pretty much restricted to dangerous discussion on this forum, other places like Inara or reddit you'll meet them but not in the same numbers. Could be variations in mod policies or a stroppy attempt to force FDEV to give them their own way via the medium of throwing a huge screaming wobbler on their forum. Probably both.

Yeah, well, Fanbois and Haters are polar opposites, they'll never see eye to eye!

Yep, which is why a lot of gaming forums have an automatic ban policy for the angrier ex-players. They can't provide anything like accurate feedback about the game itself and the actual customers don't really get along with them. So they give them the boot.

Its FDEV's first MMO though so they are learning as they go.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom