Haters gonna hate

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
As much as I will agree, that the world is overflowing with people with hate in their hearts. Often for everyone and everything, but this is because; to hate, is easier, than to like, tolerate and accept. Hating something is often a 'knee jerk reaction'. Or the result of the influence of others, their opinions, their bile, overreaction and exaggeration.

Which brings me to the small point, I am trying to make. Who says, that a downvote, 'is' a hate thing? Here we have a like button option, but not a 'dislike' button; as many other forums have. I believe that this was to reduce, the negative moods, that forums can have, with such an option. So is the downvote button a 'hate button'? Or is it simply a means, to vote that you dislike something?

Just a thought. :D

Yep, which is why a lot of gaming forums have an automatic ban policy for the angrier ex-players. They can't provide anything like accurate feedback about the game itself and the actual customers don't really get along with them. So they give them the boot.

Its FDEV's first MMO though so they are learning as they go.

It's not like white knights would give more accurate feedback. The world is neither black nor white.

It's not like white knights would give more accurate feedback. The world is neither black nor white.

If I ever want advice on hobbies I talk to enthusiastic people, the dreadfully negative who are generally very unhappy about everything anyway don't really have much to offer I'd be remotely interested in. For example Factabulous is the go to guy for all things Thargoid, and the PVP'ers are the guys to talk to about FA-off and railgunning.

Someone who rage-quit two years ago and is still inexplicably here ranting the current game version that he hasn't tried isn't to his liking just acts a warning of how not to do optional entertainment and acts as the butt of jokes.

If I ever want advice on hobbies I talk to enthusiastic people, the dreadfully negative who are generally very unhappy about everything anyway don't really have much to offer I'd be remotely interested in. For example Factabulous is the go to guy for all things Thargoid, and the PVP'ers are the guys to talk to about FA-off and railgunning.

Someone who rage-quit two years ago and is still inexplicably here ranting the current game version that he hasn't tried isn't to his liking just acts a warning of how not to do optional entertainment and acts as the butt of jokes.
Advice and opinion, are two very different things.

Yep, the value of both as it relates to video games is utterly worthless when its coming from bitter ex-players struggling to get over their ex-video game and move on. Funny though.

Indeed. Which is relative to a point made not too long ago in another thread regarding some people's view of an "investment" in a company relative to their purchase of a product.

Problem is, their purchase doesn't equate to the legal definition of "investment", yet they persist in the view that it somehow translates to one.

Just like "wanting" something to be, and it "actually" being are two different things. ;)

Behind an angry rant, if you can get past the tone, you'll often find something of substance. Somebody found something rather frustrating and it's likely they're not the only one.

Or sometimes not, but you take each moan as it comes right.

Behind an angry rant, if you can get past the tone, you'll often find something of substance. Somebody found something rather frustrating and it's likely they're not the only one.

Or sometimes not, but you take each moan as it comes right.

Not necessarily. I immediately dismiss without any consideration at all the gripes of angry long term ex-players, whatever was bothering them is probably out of date, they don't know the current state of the game and their judgement is flawed or they'd not be here at all doing that.

There's not much scope in there for substance.

Not necessarily. I immediately dismiss without any consideration at all the gripes of angry long term ex-players, whatever was bothering them is probably out of date, they don't know the current state of the game and their judgement is flawed or they'd not be here at all doing that.

There's even less substance in dismissal!

Which is what the O.Ps thread, is all about. Correct?
Yeah, but like a stream after a downpour the thread has changed it's course and the waters are now muddy with hate and fandom.
The haters hate and the fans hate back, but as Bitstorm says, behind a rant there is often a reason.

Yes I've seen the posts, where people's playtime is brought in question, or if they haven't been on the forum for a while, or if they stopped playing a while ago and returned or other ridiculous and irrelevant criteria which usually has no bearing whatsover on their post.

Any and all of that used as an excuse to label and dismiss people, pointing out the person posting is the problem rather than broach any criticism of the game of Frontier.

The end result of which turns what could have been a couple pages of honest discussion into 20+ pages of pointless toxicity.

Last edited:
can you explain that? I don't understand what you're talking about.

Fail at pre-purchase research, get mad when reality bites, then rant unceasingly about the game not being what you imagined it was. The best example of that here is probably hotel California which has been a "hot topic" since 2014 for the people who didn't know what they were buying, the entirety of it can be summed up with a simple "shut up and go away" which is why I never once posted in that entire series of threadnaughts.

PEBCAK, problem exists between chair and keyboard. FDEV can't patch that.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom