Have mining prices been adjusted just now?

I might end up trying NMS
I recommend. I play NMS and it is kicking the poopoo out of the ED. It is a game, something that delivers entertainment. There are issues but nowhere near the level of rubbish ED presents. It is fantastic, relaxing GAME that is actually fun to play... And no engineering, no mining, no gankers...

How many tons were you selling? and where? I didn't hit my goal of 100 tons (ran out of limpets first), but I just sold 71 tons for 958k a ton at Kremata-Gardner Horizons. You must have had too many tons and ran into the bulk rule. I mine in a medium ship so I don't run into that particular issue usually. I think the rule is no more than 25% of the stations demand for full price in one sale. So if the station demand is 1000 tons, and you show up and sell 250 tons, you should get full price. If you show up with 500 tons, you will not get full price.

I am going for a second run before the fun NERF, I really do not like mining so I try to only go laser mining once a week. I only have 2-4 hours a week to play. But the only way to have fun, whether it be exploring or trying out new ship builds is to spend money to keep upgrading my ships... Thanks for nothing FDev!

I really wish Hawkes and Exigeous had not done their youtube videos, I really doubt FDev will do anything but Nerf the $$$ and therefore the fun yet again. And since I only mine for 100mil or so per week (or roughly 1.0 - 1.5 hrs per week) now I will need to spend 3x-4x time mining to get the same $$$, thanks for nothing FDev! Trust us they say, we will Nerf first, and we'll buff later, yeah right. I doubt FDev will ever get around to buffing anything. And as long as all the content creators (Fdev pets) have their 10-20 billion in the bank, and their Fleet carriers to take over the CG's, FDev and the content creators could care less. I just started playing recently and I am really unhappy at this whole thing. FDev Elite apparently hate us new players.

Questions for you FDev:
-Just how many hours per week do you think you average player can play your game?
-How many hours per week do you want them focusing on grindy bullcrap to just be able to afford fun things to do?
-Do you want your average player to realize they have ZERO chance to ever afford a Fleet Carrier?
-The income limits you appear to be setting now and the price for everything (time to get $$$, ship prices, FC price and upkeep, etc) in your game is way out of whack, have you thought about that?

I might end up trying NMS, or god forbid SC, math is hard for FDev and they think we all spend 40hrs a week mining.
Just one Commanders opinion, MINE.
o7 to everyone but Fdev!
I'll see you out in the black
I hate to ask, but can I haz your stuff?

people complaining they don't have 40hrs to play a week, thus this game sucks, because you can't buy and upgrade a carrier within a weekend...:rolleyes:

This isn't such a game. Spend those 40 hrs over 4-5 weeks, and actually have fun. Plenty of things to do in this game, not everything (should) evovle around "winning" the game. Those who do, just come to the forums to complain the game lacks features and we get all these tales how much better <insert another spacegame here> is.

Why should FDev cater to your needs? it's their game, you play their game. Blaze your own trail, but it's still their game.

Ohh hellz blazes, why do I bother :LOL:

All above, opinions and/or whatnots, is/are my own

why do I bother :LOL:
yeah, why?? Are you one of those who believe that players should play ED for 500h a day, every day or find another game if they can't?? Or you believe that there is only one game in the world?? You know choice, personal preferences, something other might like...

The mining prices nerf is (or will be if this is just a case of collective hysteria) a fix to the game.
Nah, it will be another borked patch. Nerfing stuff is never good for the game, any game... Mind you, we getting nerf w/o any alternatives, just nerf to only source of good income. PWA still broken, combat income sucks, exploration income sucks, all other income apart from mining sucks... And now mining gets nerfed and that sucks...

people complaining they don't have 40hrs to play a week, thus this game sucks, because you can't buy and upgrade a carrier within a weekend...:rolleyes:

This isn't such a game. Spend those 40 hrs over 4-5 weeks, and actually have fun. Plenty of things to do in this game, not everything (should) evovle around "winning" the game. Those who do, just come to the forums to complain the game lacks features and we get all these tales how much better <insert another spacegame here> is.

Why should FDev cater to your needs? it's their game, you play their game. Blaze your own trail, but it's still their game.

Ohh hellz blazes, why do I bother :LOL:

All above, opinions and/or whatnots, is/are my own
Funny thing is, I didn't mine once to get the credits for my FC. I only mine now for extra credits to fuel the thing. I played the game for 4+ years, some weeks 30+ hours, some weeks not playing at all and still acquired over 8 billion in credits in those 4+ years. Still got a few years upkeep. To me a mining nerf is no biggy, there's a thousand and 1 ways to easily earn credits other than mining. It's just that mining is one of the quickest ways.

I'm noticing that the Painite price has gone to 383K in all the station showed in third party apps. I have gone to an station which bought painite this mornging at 980K and now the price is at 383K. Only fleet carriers remain with standard prices (700K+). I thought that the update of mining was planned to early next week.

It is just me or all of you are noticing the same? o7
And so it begins... all the miners who've never learned what causes good prices start panicking the balance pass has happened when that changes.

The states probably changed at the tick making the price drop.

I stand by for lots of FUD and salt.

Lol... -points-

You just contradicted yourself mid-rant...

Knew this was going to be a fun thread.
Yep I did, but I am new to the game and the Nerf bat from Fdev, again thanks to the Youtubers' bringing this down on all of us newbs.

I had a long term plan to buy certain ships and in a year to two a FC, but that was with me making a 100mil a week, with roughly 1.5 hours mining a week, as I do not like it. But with only 2-4 hours to play a week, depending on real life, and now mining being chopped by 33%, and no Buffs in sight for anything else. I am realizing I will never afford any of the things I want that are currently in this game. And I wasn't looking to buy them this week, month or year as one above poster said (math must be hard for him/her).

FDev, who are you balancing this game around?

Nah, it will be another borked patch. Nerfing stuff is never good for the game, any game... Mind you, we getting nerf w/o any alternatives, just nerf to only source of good income. PWA still broken, combat income sucks, exploration income sucks, all other income apart from mining sucks... And now mining gets nerfed and that sucks...
They're applying the band-aid treatment to problems and I don't know if it's because they want to look good in the eyes of the new players, or because Odyssey is somewhat near and they want to get some of those sweet PR points.

I'm a new player and I spent 250+ hours in this game in the past few weeks. I freaking loved it. But the recent "problem-solving" methods are making me feel some type of way.

I couldn't care less if you topped painite at 300k, what I do care about is the approach you're taking to balancing your game. You lower the prices for mining and promise rebalancing of other activities in the coming weeks... Why not take those weeks and bring us the whole rebalance at once? It just feels like a checkmark that lets you say "See! See! We did something about mining!"

I'm noticing that the Painite price has gone to 383K in all the station showed in third party apps. I have gone to an station which bought painite this mornging at 980K and now the price is at 383K. Only fleet carriers remain with standard prices (700K+). I thought that the update of mining was planned to early next week.
Assuming you mined 50 tons of Painite you made sixteen million and nine hundred thousand (16 900 000) credits for a couple<?> hours work! and that's a (possibly) nerfed amount. Jeez - Fdev have really <redacted> the economy in this game, no wonder Fleet Carriers are 5 Billion...
But yea, I noticed the same thing. There goes my plan to buy a Beluga :)

Yep I did, but I am new to the game and the Nerf bat from Fdev, again thanks to the Youtubers' bringing this down on all of us newbs.

I had a long term plan to buy certain ships and in a year to two a FC, but that was with me making a 100mil a week, with roughly 1.5 hours mining a week, as I do not like it. But with only 2-4 hours to play a week, depending on real life, and now mining being chopped by 33%, and no Buffs in sight for anything else. I am realizing I will never afford any of the things I want that are currently in this game. And I wasn't looking to buy them this week, month or year as one above poster said (math must be hard for him/her).

FDev, who are you balancing this game around?
The youtubers are just re-pointing out what many of us here have been saying for months.

I think new players like yourself (and when I say 'new' I mean in the last year) don't realise that you've been playing a completely broken game.

It's not your fault, FD should have fixed it ages ago.

They're applying the band-aid treatment to problems and I don't know if it's because they want to look good in the eyes of the new players, or because Odyssey is somewhat near and they want to get some of those sweet PR points.

I'm a new player and I spent 250+ hours in this game in the past few weeks. I freaking loved it. But the recent "problem-solving" methods are making me feel some type of way.

I couldn't care less if you topped painite at 300k, what I do care about is the approach you're taking to balancing your game. You lower the prices for mining and promise rebalancing of other activities in the coming weeks... Why not take those weeks and bring us the whole rebalance at once? It just feels like a checkmark that lets you say "See! See! We did something about mining!"
Or they're trying to bring in a new wave of players into a better balanced game...

Mining was the biggest economic issue, it feels natural that it was addressed first as they're supposedly doing a gradual rebalance.

...I'm not usually the white knight, this feels odd...

Top Bottom