Have mining prices been adjusted just now?

Don't get me wrong, i have been mining on and off the past couple of days to make some cash. And i have done, not a lot compared to some players out there. But enough to get by. But i have been playing 4 years. So what you say? I'm getting to that now.

In the system i was mining, there were quite a few players who had or have only just started playing.

"I'm mining in an adder"

"whats best medium ship"?

"whats best.. anaconda or cutter?"

"ohhmeerrgeerrd, best place to sell?"

And the best one i heard...

"What is an engineer"? 👀

Yeah!! So we got new players who have no clue on what an engineer is.. but are on the road to Python > Conda > Cutter levels of credits.

These players will never touch missions. They will never go exploring because apparently 100ly is too far. And they will probably never trade.. normally.

Instead, it will be:

"This game is boring, there is nothing to do."
"Dead game"
"Make Painite great again"

Until: the next BIG credit earner gets announced.

Yep I did, but I am new to the game and the Nerf bat from Fdev, again thanks to the Youtubers' bringing this down on all of us newbs.

I had a long term plan to buy certain ships and in a year to two a FC, but that was with me making a 100mil a week, with roughly 1.5 hours mining a week, as I do not like it. But with only 2-4 hours to play a week, depending on real life, and now mining being chopped by 33%, and no Buffs in sight for anything else. I am realizing I will never afford any of the things I want that are currently in this game. And I wasn't looking to buy them this week, month or year as one above poster said (math must be hard for him/her).

FDev, who are you balancing this game around?
Thank your lucky stars you wasn't around when the LTDs took a massive nerf hammering a while back. I guess you'd have had to have been put on a suicide watch when that one happened. The game is still recovering from it.

This type of thing has been happening since the game launched.
When players keep coming on the forum, boasting about how many 100's of millions of credits/hr they are making from doing x,y, z & making YT videos showing step by step instructions, then yes! Frontier will act accordingly.
I'm just surprised how long it sometimes takes for them to sort out.

The game is a long term venture with no end game......it's not a 'finish in a week' game like a lot of others are.

It's a pity that some of these new player's never experienced the early days of ED........when credit earning REALLY took some effort.

It's a pity that some of these new player's never experienced the early days of ED........when credit earning REALLY took some effort.
It really is a pity!
The forums were buzzing when I first started. People were discussing different trade routes, rares, smuggling, ranking, ship choices...people flying Vultures...

There was just loads of different ways to make credits and progress slowly but surely...

They're applying the band-aid treatment to problems and I don't know if it's because they want to look good in the eyes of the new players, or because Odyssey is somewhat near and they want to get some of those sweet PR points.

I'm a new player and I spent 250+ hours in this game in the past few weeks. I freaking loved it. But the recent "problem-solving" methods are making me feel some type of way.

I couldn't care less if you topped painite at 300k, what I do care about is the approach you're taking to balancing your game. You lower the prices for mining and promise rebalancing of other activities in the coming weeks... Why not take those weeks and bring us the whole rebalance at once? It just feels like a checkmark that lets you say "See! See! We did something about mining!"
I am fine with balancing if they so wish but it should be done other way round. Fix income for everything else FIRST and then nerf Painite. Nerfing mining w/o providing alternative is not the right thing to do. Simple as that. God only knows how long will take them to deliver promised buffs to everything else. In the meantime we are going to fight uphill battle with broken game... This will defo give the good PR before new DLC...

It really is a pity!
The forums were buzzing when I first started. People were discussing different trade routes, rares, smuggling, ranking, ship choices...people flying Vultures...

There was just loads of different ways to make credits and progress slowly but surely...
Those really were the days, when reading the forum daily was very informative.......

......these days it's mainly, rage quiting & whining threads!

WAA

I am fine with balancing if they so wish but it should be done other way round. Fix income for everything else FIRST and then nerf Painite. Nerfing mining w/o providing alternative is not the right thing to do. Simple as that. God only knows how long will take them to deliver promised buffs to everything else. In the meantime we are going to fight uphill battle with broken game... This will defo give the good PR before new DLC...
I’m not even convinced its been changed yet...

But, how many credits do you want to make per hour?

You say "fix income" like the income for the rest is broken. Don't you realize EVERY activity in the game has seen its income go up at least by a factor of ten since release (some more), never down? The only thing that actually went down...is expenses of all things. Fleet Carriers were the first reversal to this trend, and even their "high upkeep" is barely noticeable when you can sometimes make enough with a single non-mining mission to cover the upkeep for a whole week.

Nah, it will be another borked patch. Nerfing stuff is never good for the game, any game... Mind you, we getting nerf w/o any alternatives, just nerf to only source of good income. PWA still broken, combat income sucks, exploration income sucks, all other income apart from mining sucks... And now mining gets nerfed and that sucks...

Nerfing stuff is never good for the game? Sorry, that's a preposterous claim. Please spend 5 minutes to reflect on it and change your mind, or I'll have to assume you're just trolling.

I saw this earlier in the week, the price dropped across the board, but a few hours later it seemed to bounce back to usual prices.

I’m not even convinced its been changed yet...

But, how many credits do you want to make per hour?
God knows, some ppl in the forum say they see already some new pricing some say it is the way economy works, I can't play tonight. Server kicking me out with some colourful Adder error code. Probably stress from all those new players. I am not in the mood to try again, playing NMS now, way more relaxing...

I don't think I have any number in mind in terms of credit/h. What I would like to see is the same level of income from any activity (seriously). I like exploration and missions, however looking at the possible income I see massive disproportion comparing to mining so I do what everyone does, I shoot rocks. God knows what else will get broken in the near future so I may need more credits just in case... For me however nerfing is not the way to go. This will not end well...

You say "fix income" like the income for the rest is broken. Don't you realize EVERY activity in the game has seen its income go up at least by a factor of ten since release (some more), never down? The only thing that actually went down...is expenses of all things. Fleet Carriers were the first reversal to this trend, and even their "high upkeep" is barely noticeable when you can sometimes make enough with a single non-mining mission to cover the upkeep for a whole week.

Nerfing stuff is never good for the game? Sorry, that's a preposterous claim. Please spend 5 minutes to reflect on it and change your mind, or I'll have to assume you're just trolling.
For starters I could not care less what you think. Why is that so touchy subject for you?? Are you for real?? I don't care what was happening in this game 100 years ago. I made my purchase in 2020. I did it because I've seen what the game is and what I can do. Stop living in the past. How is nerfing stuff w/o providing alternative source of income good?? You go and play your game your way and stop forcing your opinion on me. I did not ask for your advise. It is my opinion, don't like it?, stop responding or questioning what I think about this. Simple as that...

I personally don't agree.
Just buffing up every other activities credit rate, just makes a bigger nonsense than what currently exists.
It's quite obvious, well to me & some others, were the balance discrepencies are at the moment, it's Mining & it's been that way for far too long. Reigning this in first is a step in the right direction.
And I'm out in the black with Painite & LTD's in my Carrier hull........the drop in price & no way to sell my stock is well low on my priorty list.
In Elite Dangerous 'cash cows' have always come & gone......there will be others.

Simple balancing: buff all other activities up to Painite mining level and add a zero to all ship & module prices.
Yes, it is stupid hyperinflation, but would stop the crying about "nerf".

God knows, some ppl in the forum say they see already some new pricing some say it is the way economy works, I can't play tonight. Server kicking me out with some colourful Adder error code. Probably stress from all those new players. I am not in the mood to try again, playing NMS now, way more relaxing...

I don't think I have any number in mind in terms of credit/h. What I would like to see is the same level of income from any activity (seriously). I like exploration and missions, however looking at the possible income I see massive disproportion comparing to mining so I do what everyone does, I shoot rocks. God knows what else will get broken in the near future so I may need more credits just in case... For me however nerfing is not the way to go. This will not end well...
Thing is cmdr, SERIOUSLY, don't go chasing doing what others do, cos they're making 100's millions of credits/hr. You'll hate playing & the game will feel a grind.

Just set your own goals & do what you want at the pace you want.....you'll enjoy it more.

There will be plenty of people here who remember missions on average paying out 300,000 credits. And mining if you were really efficient could earn up to 2-3 million credits per hour.
Combat has consistently paid little since release comparatively, but, more than it used too.

Meanwhile the ship prices have fallen slightly with discounted systems. And fuel once upon a time was extortionate.

Flimley

There will be plenty of people here who remember missions on average paid 300,000 credits. And mining if you were really efficient could earn up to 2-3 million credits per hour.
Combat has consistently paid little since release comparatively, but, more than it used too.

Flimley
I would be very happy if missions would pay 300k... For now I'll stick to what is out there, cheap courier runs for 40-60k a pop... We may not have even this next week...

I would be very happy if missions would pay 300k... For now I'll stick to what is out there, cheap courier runs for 40-60k a pop... We may not have even this next week...
It’s in the nature of these types of mmo games to require some hefty balance passes, from time to time.

Flimley

Top Bottom