Have mining prices been adjusted just now?

KremataGardner Horizons(L)950,6031,00053 secsHyades Sector DB-X d1-1122 ring A (/u/xomm)
No

5E80D60C-4515-4307-AED7-9C061C3AA34B.jpeg

LOL lots of panic merchants here. Someone must still be expecting Williams Dock at HIP 14211 buying at 950+K per ton from past 2 days. What do you expect? Lots of fleet carriers in that system in the past 2 days unloading their painites, so the import price is bound to drop sooner or later.

LOL lots of panic merchants here. Someone must still be expecting Williams Dock at HIP 14211 buying at 950+K per ton from past 2 days. What do you expect? Lots of fleet carriers in that system in the past 2 days unloading their painites, so the import price is bound to drop sooner or later.
Oh hey, that's my old home system from back before carriers went live. Didn't expect it to ever be the centre of a goldrush.

Oh hey, that's my old home system from back before carriers went live. Didn't expect it to ever be the centre of a goldrush.
Still have Ray Gateway at the nearby Diaguandri system as my home station, though I have a FC now parking there. No longer have to worry about Ray Gateway gone into Lockdown mode and cannot access my other ships anymore :)

The double overlapping painite hotspots at the nearby GCRV 1568 has been a painte mining hotspot for many months, packed with FCs. Nothing new.

Still have Ray Gateway at the nearby Diaguandri system as my home station, though I have a FC now parking there. No longer have to worry about Ray Gateway gone into Lockdown mode and cannot access my other ships anymore :)

The double overlapping painite hotspots at the nearby GCRV 1568 has been a painte mining hotspot for many months, packed with FCs. Nothing new.
I flipped 14211 and Fiden to anarchy to see if it'd do anything for the shipyards. Got the clipper and T10 on the list in Fiden, but the quest for making alliance ships available on the LYR discount eluded me.
Independents of Umbila gave me a hell of a time. When I got the blue posse into the #2 slot someone kept pumping them up with huge bounty drops and triggering wars to snarl me up, and I could never shift Umbila itself to cut them off.

I flipped 14211 and Fiden to anarchy to see if it'd do anything for the shipyards. Got the clipper and T10 on the list in Fiden, but the quest for making alliance ships available on the LYR discount eluded me.
Independents of Umbila gave me a hell of a time. When I got the blue posse into the #2 slot someone kept pumping them up with huge bounty drops and triggering wars to snarl me up, and I could never shift Umbila itself to cut them off.
Haha, not an easy task trying to change the state of a faction in a system. You might think you have invested countless hours of game time to do that, but you never know there may be 20 other commanders doing the opposite, so you basically have zero chance to achieve what you want :D

Gotta admit I am salty. The “content creators” on youtube who collectively bitched the most about the situation sure as made their credits exploiting gold rushes and get rich schemes. And then they all got together and made videos decrying the lack of balance in credit earning AFTER they made their untold billions in ways they now deem unacceptable for everyone else. Hypocrites... I’m done with all of them.

Serious questions for anyone reading this who is in favor of the nerf: do players having credits to burn have any negative impact whatsoever on you or how you play the game? Does it diminish your own enjoyment you find in Elite Dangerous?

I didn’t think so.

Gotta admit I am salty. The “content creators” on youtube who collectively bitched the most about the situation sure as made their credits exploiting gold rushes and get rich schemes. And then they all got together and made videos decrying the lack of balance in credit earning AFTER they made their untold billions in ways they now deem unacceptable for everyone else. Hypocrites... I’m done with all of them.

Serious questions for anyone reading this who is in favor of the nerf: do players having credits to burn have any negative impact whatsoever on you or how you play the game? Does it diminish your own enjoyment you find in Elite Dangerous?

I didn’t think so.
Nope doesn't affect me in the slightest but makes great reading on the forums. Besides nerfing Painite prices down to 600k is not going to make that much difference to anybody apart from its going to take an extra few mins to make a few hundred million.

Nope doesn't affect me in the slightest but makes great reading on the forums. Besides nerfing Painite prices down to 600k is not going to make that much difference to anybody apart from its going to take an extra few mins to make a few hundred million.

So in other words you’re just a smug a-hole. Got it.

Actually wouldn't affect the price at all[1]. That's how you know the mechanic is broken ;)

[1] except via demand mechanics. But stateful ones... trading high-end minerals would cause Investment and Pirate Attack, both of which boost the price.

Actually wouldn't affect the price at all[1]. That's how you know the mechanic is broken ;)

[1] except via demand mechanics. But stateful ones... trading high-end minerals would cause Investment and Pirate Attack, both of which boost the price.
So, instead of fixing the infinite replenish to rebalance they've just lowered the values?

So, instead of fixing the infinite replenish to rebalance they've just lowered the values?
What? No? FD haven't done anything yet.

State changes cause prices to fluctuate, which is almost certainly what the OP has just experienced. But 99% of people just watch some youtube video without learning the market mechanics, and assume anything that isn't top dollar must be a nerf, instead of just the normal mechanics.

I was just making comment, because efoo suggested that selling would cause the price to drop. Because of the conditions required to fetch top dollar, repeated selling of the goods wouldn't actually cause the price to drop, beyond demand mechanics (which, thanks for reminding me, are also broken for painite).

tl;dr people don't know how to play the game.

I was just making comment, because efoo suggested that selling would cause the price to drop. Because of the conditions required to fetch top dollar, repeated selling of the goods wouldn't actually cause the price to drop, beyond demand mechanics (which, thanks for reminding me, are also broken for painite).
It does. When enough commanders keep selling the goods in that one station, the demand will drop and so would the asking price at that station.

It does. When enough commanders keep selling the goods in that one station, the demand will drop and so would the asking price at that station.
Yes, that's why I said:
... except infinite demand regeneration for painite breaks that.

States are the bigger influencer though, applying multiplicative effects... and selling will cause and perpetuate all those necessary states.

Top Bottom