Buildings & Attractions Have Spinosaurids actually prefer fish

Right now our four piscavores (Spinosaurus, Spinoraptor, Baryonyx, and Suchomimus) have fish feeders but they find them equally as good carnivore and live bait feeders. They should get a bonus for eating fish. Or, better yet a building could be made that clones specific prehistoric fish that they ate. For instance, Spinosaurus was known to eat Onchopristis. Also we need more piscavores. We have barely any.

Right now our four piscavores (Spinosaurus, Spinoraptor, Baryonyx, and Suchomimus) have fish feeders but they find them equally as good carnivore and live bait feeders. They should get a bonus for eating fish. Or, better yet a building could be made that clones specific prehistoric fish that they ate. For instance, Spinosaurus was known to eat Onchopristis. Also we need more piscavores. We have barely any.
I thought the piscavores already have that mechanism? According to the devs, (I think) if you put a fish feeder and a meat feeder in the same enclosure with a piscavore, they will only eat from the fish feeder, if not depleted.

Or are you referring to another mechanism? Maybe I'm just straight up stupid?🤣🤣🤣

I haven't tested it thoroughly but the changelog said that the Spinosaurids already prefer fish over standard meat.

And yes we need more piscivores. Evidence has shown that Ceratosaurs also ate mostly fish and crocodile instead of eating mostly dinosaur. I've already made a suggested thread for having Ceratosaurus also eat fish though.

So Gabeluna27 made an interesting observation in another thread about spinos and fish feeders. Apparently the issue is that even though they do prefer fish feeders over other food types they are still statistically more likely to eat other food types depending on availability. one goat dispenser will release multiple goats. each time a goat is added the likelihood of a spino eating from a fish feeder goes down. Same goes for dinos that count as prey. or at least that is what is believed but I have to test it myself. maybe make 5 fish feeders and one struthi in a relatively small enclosure and keep track of how many struthis a spino will eat.

So Gabeluna27 made an interesting observation in another thread about spinos and fish feeders. Apparently the issue is that even though they do prefer fish feeders over other food types they are still statistically more likely to eat other food types depending on availability. one goat dispenser will release multiple goats. each time a goat is added the likelihood of a spino eating from a fish feeder goes down. Same goes for dinos that count as prey. or at least that is what is believed but I have to test it myself. maybe make 5 fish feeders and one struthi in a relatively small enclosure and keep track of how many struthis a spino will eat.
Oohhh, science.🤣🤣🤣

What I meant (and should have made more clear) is there should be a bonus similar to a paleobotany bonus for giving Spinosaurids their natraul diet. Currently, they don't have one and fish feeders are more expensive than carnivore feeders meaning there's no reason to use them.

Top Bottom