Having trouble w/neutron jumping

Ok, so I tried to get in as much research as practically possible to neutron jump (Krait MK II, 24ly jump range...yea I know, in the process for better engineering) but for some reason I'm unable to get any farther than my normal jump range. I read up & watched numerous videos but still don't know what the problem is.

I can get into the energy cone, I get the FSD overcharged message, but my next jump is nothing more than 24ly. I tried replotting my route right after the overcharge message and I also tried with keeping my current plot (well over 800ly path) but still no boost.

My FSD is taking 1% damage after every overcharge, but i'm not going any farther than if I just did a regular jump. What is going on???

In galaxy map look in the left hand routing panel. Make sure the 'use jet-cone boost' option is selected

Ah, makes sense now. What about the FSD Boost option that is right below that? It's a check box w/a slider, and below that is a cargo mass w/ slider. I appreciate your patience, some answers have eluded me up to this point and turning here had helped me tremendously.

The FSD boost tells you how far you can jump with premium jump fuel (there are three levels; the highest known in the community as J3 Jumponium). You can synthesise it in your right-hand panel

How much damage can my FSD take before...trouble? I think I saw something like you don't want the FSD to go below 87% or 80% when doing a neutron jump, is that correct?

You can theoretically use it at 0% but 9 times out of 10 (not an actual figure) it'll fail. It starts to fail below 80%.
By the way, when you use your AFMU to repair your FSD make sure you drop out of supercruise first. Otherwise you'll crash into normal space and damage your ship

My handle on Xbox is TimWellens,friend me and ask your questions,I will be happy to help ;)

I’m member of Paradox Wing and EVIL o7

It also makes a difference if it's a "White Dwarf" or an actual "Neutron Star". Though the process is exactly the same for either, the White Dwarf doesn't give nearly as much of an increase as the Neutron Star does.

Yeah and dont try to jump a white dwarf like the neutron star, stay farther away and aim for the end on the rays... I ran into them like 5 times :)

Because of the vast difference between the two, and the considerably smaller benefit, I only utilize Neutron;s. I can enter at or about 75% toward the end and still get a complete fill.

Yeah Jacksons lighthouse is great

It also makes a difference if it's a "White Dwarf" or an actual "Neutron Star". Though the process is exactly the same for either, the White Dwarf doesn't give nearly as much of an increase as the Neutron Star does.
I went to Colonia, Sag A*, Colonia and back home, surface-mapping 35 planetary nebula on the way, taking nearly three months. I was killed by a white dwarf the same day I got back. I don't like white dwarfs :cautious:

In galaxy map look in the left hand routing panel. Make sure the 'use jet-cone boost' option is selected
Thank you, that confirms my suspicions too. I happened across one yesterday, so hopped in the tail and rerouted my jump path, but it didn't seem to change much. I didn't bother going back to try again with jet-cone boost enabled since I was nearly to my destination.

So the jet cone boost was the ticket, was finally able to do a jump and am now at the guardian ruins on SKAUDAI DAI AM-B D14-138 AB 7 A. After I'm done with this I'm gonna check out the notable stellar phenomenon that's in the system... just because.

Top Bottom