Hear me out...

When will we see thargoids pop in and out of instances like in Haz Rez while bounty hunting or mining?

Picture it.....going about your business when all of a sudden the area is given a "unknown slip space signature" warning.
Scouts start pouring in attacking anything within the vicinity NPC ships either stay and fight or we see them wake out or avoid detection! clearing the area of scouts prompts the arrival of larger thargoids and our huds give us ETA pop ups up for security force arrival's equipped with the means to confront the threat.
Things like this will help out beef up the overall experience I think and add a greater feeling of risk we are after all undergoing a thargoids invasion why not add this into our everyday risks we take as pilots it can be incorporated into everything the game already offers us.

Well.............

I thought that FD had previously said that the Thargoids content would be optional, so I wouldnt hold my breath.

Mind you they have been known to change their mind about "stuff"

When will we see thargoids pop in and out of instances like in Haz Rez while bounty hunting or mining?

Picture it.....going about your business when all of a sudden the area is given a "unknown slip space signature" warning.
Scouts start pouring in attacking anything within the vicinity NPC ships either stay and fight or we see them wake out or avoid detection! clearing the area of scouts prompts the arrival of larger thargoids and our huds give us ETA pop ups up for security force arrival's equipped with the means to confront the threat.
Things like this will help out beef up the overall experience I think and add a greater feeling of risk we are after all undergoing a thargoids invasion why not add this into our everyday risks we take as pilots it can be incorporated into everything the game already offers us.

Reminds me of the good ole days when the Khaak were attacking.

Won't happen mate. The "oh my ship, my unshielded trader/miner/ whatever". "Noooo my credits per hour are ruined". So we have opt in Thargoids with no teeth. Such a shame.

It angers me what I have suggested is the tip of the iceberg this game has HUGE POTENTIAL and it just seems like no one cares.
I've put way to many hours into this game to just call it a day.

Give us content that matters I couldn't care less about new ships or weapons give me more gameplay "shakes fists".

Can you explain to me how your idea fits in with the lore? Why are they jumping in, how does it fit in with the storyline?

That would obviously depend on the direction in which fdev take the game and the thargoid story line.
This is merely an example of things I would like to see that would add valuable gameplay which the game is kind of lacking.

Heck! I can't even get consistent bad-guy humans to show up in Res sites anymore. Now you want Thargoids? Me thinks it ain't likely to happen!

verminstar

Banned
If the thargoids are listening in on this, I just wanna say one thing to them directly.

Do not judge us all equally, as a few of us bear no ill will against you personally...some of us would gladly betray our own kind in return fer an item we call ¨credits¨. Learn our economy and how easily corrupted some of us are, and ye will never have anything to fear from us cos we will be far too busy killing each other.

But thats a good thing...war generates more opportunities to make what we call ¨profits¨. Not all of our species agree with this rather mercenary point of view, but that aforementioned ¨credit¨ shuts most of them up using that to create what we call ¨opportunities¨

Ye getting the point yet ye cabbage lookin freak? If ye give some of us mucho ¨credits¨ in the form of ¨contracts¨, ye can quite literally just pay us to wipe ourselves out and then learn about the the concept of ¨popcorn¨

Some weaker humans have strange diseases and ailments of the mind called ¨morals¨ and ¨law¨, but fear not ye absolute freak of nature lookin what the 6th letter ugly tree did ye fall outta, hittin every single branch face first on the way down?

Not all of us humans are infected with such terrible sickness of the mind...so...either we pay us to wipe you out or you pay us to wipe us out...clocks ticking time is money ye...nah I got nothin left...some words simply cant do justice to how absolutely dumb something looks till ye actually see it and wonder...why does nature curse 99% of all life created to look like a dogs dinner on a bad day?

Well.............

I thought that FD had previously said that the Thargoids content would be optional, so I wouldnt hold my breath.

Mind you they have been known to change their mind about "stuff"

I love the way that we can be at war with an alien species that has a legitimate axe to grind with us and somehow or other our participation is optional. The BGS doesn't even change.

Last edited:
I love the way that we can be at war with an alien species that has a legitimate axe to grind with us and somehow or other our participation is optional. The BGS doesn't even change.

Imagine Thargoids threatening CMDR PMFs with +++++ Rep Passenger missions

When we dont need magic weapons to fight them.

What he said! The minute FD decided to go to this "let's make sure all the engineered weapons are useless against aliens, and give them this garbage AX crap" direction with Thargoid gameplay is when a lot of old hat players said "naww **** that". Since FD pooped the bed when it came to aliens and endgame content that-should-have-been-but-never-was due to bad gameplay decisions....

Last edited:

Optional == irrelevant, essentially, as far as Frontier's approach. That's the net result. Same thing as a consequence of AI being redacted back to irrelevance. Frontier chose a very, very conservative approach. Thargoids have been invading for well over a year, now, or something? Pacing is just glacial and that sucks much of the energy out.

What doesn't help, is Frontier (often unintentionally) plays both sides against the middle; trailers that show amazing things that do not actually exist yet easily frighten; which disappoints those looking for a challenge, when they realise that's not what's actually going to happen, yet causes those who don't want change to reject it and demand removal or whatever.

Essentially; what's the point of choice, if there are no consequences? Why has risk, even optional, become a dirty word? Why? I've never come across a game where a portion of its community is dead-set unable to cope with any sort of risk curve at all, for the rest of the community, lest they be held accountable in some minor fashion, ever. Half the reason PP in open is causing a ruction is purely the optional risk perspective. It's optional for crying out loud? And still.

It is what it is, I guess? I'll maybe care more when it matters. When any of it actually matters. Cause right now, virtually nothing does. Folks seldom respect anything that has no meaning or purpose; nor do they really value it. What's insane, is Frontier work really, really hard on this. Just endless hours. And a lot of it is amazing. Hell, even exploration and mining sound like they are to become far more risky and exciting than the pre-eminent threat of our time (which is apparently just fine; so work that gymnastic feat out).

It's just nuts that two of the arguably most relaxing and least-risk pursuits are dead-set going to end up far more exciting and risky than the single biggest threat to humanity currently known - you know? I'd never have called that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom