Height map import

I wish we can import height maps for use in the sandbox. That would be truly amazing, and in turn, we could get topology info from real world data of the area where we find parks in the real world, and better re-create them. :)

I wish the import would support 16-bit (or 32-bit) images at 2K or larger resolution in a file format such as PNG or similar.

Last edited:
This would be just amazing [up]

Furthermore, this does not impact the play of casual players, but would allows "designers" to make extraordinary things with the map/scenario editor (if we have one).

I wish the import would support 16-bit (or 32-bit) images at 2K or larger resolution in a file format such as PNG or similar.
You with your smart talking. [squeeeeee]
I have no idea what you mean by that. Meaby a litle bit 2k is a resolution most of the time I use 4k. and PNG Is just awesome. [up]

Simply put: the bit depth of an image determines whether you'll have more or less data. Or visually speaking: whether you'll notice banding. A height map heavily relies on smooth gradients between elevation in order to look correct regardless of its application.

I made this to visually show the fact behind my statements. :)
The grey scaled images below are from the exact same area of the height map. More data = smoother gradients.

47b7f1bc26.jpg

Top Bottom