Hellion - 0.4 Exposure update

I know there was a thread for Hellion but it seems its gone locked now.

Hellion got its latest big update last week, Exposure. With that i got back to Hellion and boy i've had some fun, this game just keeps on improving and despite of the bugs, its really challenging and fun to play.

[video=youtube;q-5GOwBDaFM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-5GOwBDaFM[/video]

https://www.playhellion.com/blog/exposure-patch-notes

If you own Hellion, i recommend testing it out, theres now lots of stuff to do.

This game went just to my Top 3 of space games, the other two being ED and SC. :)

I know there was a thread for Hellion but it seems its gone locked now.

Hellion got its latest big update last week, Exposure. With that i got back to Hellion and boy i've had some fun, this game just keeps on improving and despite of the bugs, its really challenging and fun to play.

https://www.playhellion.com/blog/exposure-patch-notes

If you own Hellion, i recommend testing it out, theres now lots of stuff to do.

This game went just to my Top 3 of space games, the other two being ED and SC. :)

I still put a few hours in here and there. Not played much since the update...I think starting from scratch again with no Arges or EVA suits, not to mention having to go find all those bits for my home base is putting me off a bit.

I'll get time over the weekend to go back to it though...I'll rustle a few mates up to help with the rebuilding effort.

Last edited:
Yeah I mess around with each new update the last 2 seemed to make the game super easy. This one increased the challenges and created a good progression of tiers. Can't just load into a ship and blast off to a new planet and build whatever you want to now you have to be patient.

Yup. Too bad that they have copied the "new content = tons of new bugs" development style from Frontier. :D

The main difference being...Zero-G listen to their fans and supporters and action on it [yesnod]

Post exposure patch support

Being a long time backer and supporter of Hellion, I'd love to see the game get the mainstream support that E-D and SC have been lucky with....always hopeful ;)

Last edited:
The main difference being...Zero-G listen to their fans and supporters and action on it [yesnod]

Post exposure patch support

Being a long time backer and supporter of Hellion, I'd love to see the game get the mainstream support that E-D and SC have been lucky with....always hopeful ;)

I think the desctiption "mainstream" is stretching it a little. SC is mainstream in the same way Apple is mainstream - they both don't generate a large revenue by a large customer base but rather by catering to a particular wealthy type of sheep.
And both Elite as well as SC are still pretty niche.

The thing with these smaller devs is that they managed to create a niche within that niche by focusing on the survival aspect of the gameplay. Not a good decision from the financial standpoint if you ask me, although being their target audience I wish them luck, of course.

Last edited:
That's a hardcore game within a hardcore niche. It may appeal to a certain KSP player demographics, and that game was quite hardcore too, and still sold like hot pancakes, so who knows...

The initial concept of FFA MP survival dint convince me. We all know it pretty much boils down to BR style gameplay likely tossing the rest of the survival gameplay in the bin. So I'm holding my breath.

Or is it not holding breath? Anyway - I mean I am more interested now but have a wait and see attitude. Englischen iffy, if I know what you mean.

Somebody smart once said "A language is only as smart or stupid as people speaking it" :)

As for your phrase, It's normally used in negative connotation - "I'm not holding my breath" as in "I'm not going to wait as I don't expect it to be worth it".
I've never heard it with a positive spin, but it's kind of nice.

Last edited:
Somebody smart once said "A language is only as smart or stupid as people speaking it" :)

As for your phrase, It's normally used in negative connotation - "I'm not holding my breath" as in "I'm not going to wait as I don't expect it to be worth it".
I've never heard it with a positive spin, but it's kind of nice.

There's quite some "breathy" idioms out there - "baited breath" e.g. I'm a sucker for sci-fi, so I wouldn't discard some HC airlock action outright.

Yup. Too bad that they have copied the "new content = tons of new bugs" development style from Frontier. :D
Isn't that how you're supposed to develop? Create a bunch of bugs, and perhaps one or two of them are features that people like to keep. A Bug Centered Development (ABCD). :)

Hellion has updated to 0.4.2 and fixed some major bugs with Exposure.
Really loving this game, my favvie space game atm. ;)
My only gripe is that, just like Subnautica, this game will be a hell of an experience to play through once it's finished, but these incremental updates aren't really worth playing.
I really hope they ramp up the production and wrap it up next year or something so I can finally play it!

My only gripe is that, just like Subnautica, this game will be a hell of an experience to play through once it's finished, but these incremental updates aren't really worth playing.
I really hope they ramp up the production and wrap it up next year or something so I can finally play it!
A few friends and I have several hundred hours into Hellion and we haven't had cause to get bored yet. As early as this game is in the development cycle, there's more than enough gameplay there to make it a fascinating, sometimes frustrating, and always eventful experience.

The private servers are where it's at for me, although there is a single player experience too. The server my friends and I have been playing on for over 2 years has certain features (it's up to the server hosting the game exactly what can and can't be done) that drag me back in. I think the ability for the host to set up the specific rules, add, subtract or enhance certain features and run the game as they see appropriate on the private server, makes this game to be fair...

When I first began playing Hellion, I just logged into one of the many official servers...and as usual, spent my time being robbed, ganked and generally made miserable before I truly had a chance to explore and get to know exactly what I could and couldn't realistically achieve. I fell upon this private server with a decent population with rules that suited my playstyle and it changed the entire game experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom