Hello ?

I am guessing that they are hunkering down in a war-room somewhere to try to work out what they can say, what they shouldn't say and how they should deal with the thorny subjects.

Arf's Holiday message to us on the 3rd Dec did say:
'We will have a full Development Update in January 2022, and lay out our plans for communicating with you through updates, streams and social channels.'

As we are now three weeks into January, I would expect the community managers would be polishing their comms and backing off any statements to the dev teams that are committed to completing work.
(I also wouldn't be surprised if they were also working on a new trailer for something akin to '...coming to consoles date x..... also 'on-foot Thargoid combat'... coming Spring 2022.)

Sufficiently vague that they can say they told us but without any firm information that they can be held to...

Arf's Holiday message to us on the 3rd Dec did say:
'We will have a full Development Update in January 2022, and lay out our plans for communicating with you through updates, streams and social channels.'
1642625670544.png

We have a bit fun in this thread but lets take a serious look at the situation.

No real life sign, or news for almost a month now, I know no other game where such a thing happens (to be honest I do not play many other games).
FD has promised a better communication, this is the opposite of it.

I'm certainly starting to wonder if there's an announcement coming but whether it's good or not remains to be seen.

Anyone taking bets?

2:1 they turn up eventually and it's business as usual

4:1 they do a big forum post and it includes a roadmap for 2022

10:1 David does a big forum post and it's bad news - Frontier have decided to abandon all future development plans for Elite, they won't be supporting Odyssey on console and from this point onwards the game on PC will go into official maintenance mode after update 11 and the fleet carrier interiors. Horizons will also remain supported in its current state for console players and those who are unable or unwilling to upgrade.
Stupid thing is...RL Bookmakers WILL offer you odds on just about ANYTHING... go for it! :unsure:

Last edited:
They are brainstorming to come up with a delicate way to inform the community that Frontier has been acquired by EA-DICE. Seeing the condition that both Odyssey and BF2042 launched in, the merger made a lot of sense.

Top Bottom