Help requested with VR rift s set up on PC

I just recently bought the rift s.. Got the partner key from the store. The rift s works ok. I have the Hotas TM 1600 and throttle. I also got the voice attack pack but a bit confused still on getting that to work. My problem is the game only starts in in a small screen called client on my monitor. Even with the headset disconnected. cannot play in 2D. tried turning off 3D in options but no difference. what am I doing wrong.

Are you explaining windowed mode? I know when i run ED in VR the game will launch in a smaller windowed mode on my monitor. When i switch back the game does not always reset to its original size and i have to go into graphic options and change it back to full screen, or i set it to boarderless windowed mode which should restore it back to the native size of the monitor.

Hi Cmdr Time Lord, just rent an Oculus Rift S myself. Having problem to get my HOTAS Saitek X56 running caus it disapears in HDMI mode in ED.
I gues I have to move my ED key from Frontier over to Oculus. Is that the solution to get the HOTAS work again?

I have the rift and getting set up is a pain. I have to start by turning off my fire wall, then change the audio to rift audio. I tore my hair out setting up my hotas. and cannot tell you how I got it done. I just got lucky one day and hit the jack pot. the same way on voice attack. VA and my hotas both have to be started in admin mode. Wish I could help more.

Hi Epoch5! Went to similar pain but got it setup all smooth and running fine... and I loveing it.
VA was running good... all done before in admin mode... so no changes to made.
The big solution was to add the Elite Dangerous from Frontier into the Oculus Home library. So I had to add the EDLauncher folder into Oculus Home library...
That was the trick! Got my HOTAS back into the controller settings. Had to delet the Touch Controller binds out of the Frontier Development folder...
Befor I start I have to set Windows 10 Sound Controller to Rift S Headset and Rift S Mic to use the HCS Voice packs... all are fine now...

Hi Epoch5! Went to similar pain but got it setup all smooth and running fine... and I loveing it.
VA was running good... all done before in admin mode... so no changes to made.
The big solution was to add the Elite Dangerous from Frontier into the Oculus Home library. So I had to add the EDLauncher folder into Oculus Home library...
That was the trick! Got my HOTAS back into the controller settings. Had to delet the Touch Controller binds out of the Frontier Development folder...
Befor I start I have to set Windows 10 Sound Controller to Rift S Headset and Rift S Mic to use the HCS Voice packs... all are fine now...
Thanks, even with all the problems I won't play anything but VR anymore.

Top Bottom