Help understanding the community goals.

Could someone please help some of us commanders to understand community goals. I understand the rewards and that there are tiers but what d tiers have to do with winning a CG? For example, in the ongoing CG, does reaching tier 1 constitute a victory against the thargoids? Do we have to reach tier 5 instead? I understand the rewards and reward percentages, but I am confused on what constitutes winning one is.

In this case, tier 1 counts as a win.
That's usually the case.

Edit: Counts as a win for the physical reward.

@Jmanis, yes, I'm half asleep.

Last edited:
Contributors start getting rewards at Tier 1. That usually constitutes a "win". I can't recall one which didn't reach Tier 1.

Sometimes (as in the previous two weeks) there are "competitive" ones - usually two - which run in parallel and the first one to finish (or the closer to finishing if neither do) "wins".

Not in this CG though... FD seem to be putting a little thought into it this time.

In the current CG, each tier of success represents a system defended from the Thargoids (so, five systems are currently under threat). So strictly speaking, Tier 5 would be overall "success" in this case.

I wonder what happens if we only reach 4 or less.
Do the thargoids launch a prolonged attack from the system/s not cleared ?
And if we win what then ?

I wonder what happens if we only reach 4 or less.
Do the thargoids launch a prolonged attack from the system/s not cleared ?
And if we win what then ?
Remember last year when the 'Goids suddenly pulled back from the bubble then attacked the Witch Head? It looked to me like a major attempt to get their barnacle sites back.
Now? I have a sneaking suspicion that next Thursday peoples' insurance in the southern part of the Bubble is about to go WAY up.

In the current CG, each tier of success represents a system defended from the Thargoids (so, five systems are currently under threat). So strictly speaking, Tier 5 would be overall "success" in this case.
On the suggestions not being heard front - "Can we have more than binary pass/fail CGs" was one of my suggestions. 😛 That's quite a few of my ideas that have made it into the game now. ;)

On the suggestions not being heard front - "Can we have more than binary pass/fail CGs" was one of my suggestions. 😛 That's quite a few of my ideas that have made it into the game now. ;)
Mine which was in the form of a CG suggestion, followed by several forum posts ages ago was "Have a terrorist attack which damages stations, and if the Thargoid damage can't be omitted from the station damage skin, roleplay it up as thargoid-based corrosive munitions being used in the attack."

Maybe we should start a game dev outfit :D

Mine which was in the form of a CG suggestion, followed by several forum posts ages ago was "Have a terrorist attack which damages stations, and if the Thargoid damage can't be omitted from the station damage skin, roleplay it up as thargoid-based corrosive munitions being used in the attack."

Maybe we should start a game dev outfit :D
I can draw jpegs! 😏

I understand the rewards and that there are tiers but what d tiers have to do with winning a CG?
This varies from CG to CG - you need to read the CG descriptions in detail to find out exactly what happens, and sometimes it's not completely described upfront.

Station Trade CGs: 2 CGs each with 5 tiers, each tier gives one station upgraded, for a possible total of ten upgrades. Tiers were evenly spaced, so each station was equally difficult. Hidden effect: market prices of certain goods change after CG completion. Whether that wouldn't have happened if they'd only reached a low tier, we don't know.

Funeral Rares CG: each tier gives a temporary 5% discount on Gutamaya ships, for a possible total of 25%. Tiers were increasingly far apart, so getting a small discount was easy but getting a large discount was difficult.

Eurybia War CGs: 2 competing CGs, side with the highest tier at the end of the week wins, getting Tier 5 ends the CG immediately with a win, no special mid-tier effects other than payment.

Ackwada War CGs: 2 competing CGs, defending side gets partial victory at Tier 3 and Tier 4, attacking side can prevent this by reaching Tier 5 first, various complex combinations of results possible. Tiers were unusually and asymmetrically spaced to reflect the difficulty of the goals of each side

Witch Head AX CGs: each tier defends one system, tiers evenly spaced.

Top Bottom