Help us reverse our fortunes by delivering x units of commodities

I'm trying to help a faction that is currently in a state of retreat to regain it's place in a system. They are handing out missions titled the same as this thread title. I'm not really sure how many of these missions I should be running, I just know that there's a soft cap on how many missions of a given type you should do.

These missions seem to be popping up specifically because this faction is in a state of retreat, so I'm guessing that running these is the most effective way to save them. Does anyone here have any idea how many of these should be run before hitting the soft cap?

Last edited:
the number i heard quoted most often is 10+ inf, if unopposed. if opposed, or if there is a lot of traffic (see any station traffic reports), more.

as the retreat will be countered, if the faction is over 3,5% (i think) on the last tick of active retreat, i suggest you simply test how much effect you get with 10+ - and if that is not enough, do more.

it's what i and we do in elections in busy systems - some systems you can surely win with 3 missions per tick, other need 20+ missions, all depending on other players traffic, so we simply start with 3-5, if that is not enough, go to 10, to 20 ...

In the absence of any other influence activity in the system, Retreat will cost the faction 2% a day. That's a minor additional inconvenience in low population, and a massive problem in a high population. If you're actually being opposed by people working (intentionally or otherwise) for high-influence factions, it gets even worse.

Either way, if it's important to you that the faction doesn't retreat, throw everything you have at it, don't worry about soft caps other than diversifying your influence sources (you probably only have missions, and transferring bounties in from a system it does control, so do lots of both)

If after the first day of an all out push you end up on 9% then you can probably slack off a little. :) But better to do too much than too little in most cases.

Top Bottom