Help with CG law and order? I did not shoot no Deputy

Hi,
I've been taking part in the CG shooting up Jupiter ships and doing okay. Silver Legal Group had me as an Ally and then Jupiter assigned me as Hostile. I noticed a Hostile tag on my console as I was flying back to Iron Wings of Justice. Then when I flew back to the CZ I got intercepted by a Federal ship (showing red on the HUD) so I started fighting, and got a Wanted tag. I legged it but got destroyed shortly after. After rebuying my ship in a Detention Facility I made my way back to Iron Wings of Justice, who promptly shot me out of the sky. :)

How did I fall foul of everybody?

Can I buy myself Clean at a suitable station?

I'd appreciate some constructive advice. I may have got my retaliation in first, but I assumed he was going to fire, was that not the case?

I've been mining/exploring for ages so I'm a bit out of touch.

And given, I am where I am, do I have a way of clearing my record so I can dock at the station?

Hi,
I've been taking part in the CG shooting up Jupiter ships and doing okay. Silver Legal Group had me as an Ally and then Jupiter assigned me as Hostile. I noticed a Hostile tag on my console as I was flying back to Iron Wings of Justice. Then when I flew back to the CZ I got intercepted by a Federal ship (showing red on the HUD) so I started fighting, and got a Wanted tag. I legged it but got destroyed shortly after. After rebuying my ship in a Detention Facility I made my way back to Iron Wings of Justice, who promptly shot me out of the sky. :)

How did I fall foul of everybody?

Can I buy myself Clean at a suitable station?
You got hostile by killing Jupiters ships in the CZ.

Just because a ship shows hostile doesn't mean they are an enemy always check who they are as glitches happen.

As you were destroyed you should probably be cleaned of your wanted state so you need to check your status with the factions to see who you are hostile with.

WAR ships never pull any one over EVER they are in to much of a rush to get to the conflict zone only WAR ships will give Combat bonds As the Supervising war comander only issue Combat bonds for WAR ship kills...
Law enforcement and Civilian ships do pull you over and will NOT be a valid KILL ever... You will always get a penalty...
Pirates and wanted ships Will pull you over... these are legal Kills as they have wanted flag but they are not war ships so you only get bounty pays..

If you go hostile via killing war ships in a war conflict zone you can only pay hostile bounties at an IF equipped station if you survive...

Last edited:
You got hostile by killing Jupiters ships in the CZ.

Just because a ship shows hostile doesn't mean they are an enemy always check who they are as glitches happen.

As you were destroyed you should probably be cleaned of your wanted state so you need to check your status with the factions to see who you are hostile with.
Yeh, your friendly fire and stray shots on to your NPC allies and friends will turn them hostile towards you showing on your radar as red squares. If you didn't notice and accidentally kill them then you turn into their enemy as well resulting in murder bounties against you. I don't think it's a glitch, just peeved off NPC allies at being accidentally being shot by you. Best case scenario is if you notice that you shot an ally is to just get the hell out of the instance and pay off any fines you get for shooting friendly NPCs. But if you kill at least one friendly NPC then get yourself to an Interstellar Factors and pay off the bounty as soon as you can then everything should be OK with the friendly NPCs. ;)

Okay, my Notoriety is now zero and I was able to dock.

Have I got this right? I can be pulled over and fired at by a faction that is Hostile to me, but if he is Clean and I retaliate, then the faction that I am allied with - if I try and dock at their station, they (my buddies) will kill me on sight?

That's just rude. :)

Have I got this right? I can be pulled over and fired at by a faction that is Hostile to me, but if he is Clean and I retaliate, then the faction that I am allied with - if I try and dock at their station, they (my buddies) will kill me on sight?

If your wanted only you can land at stations if you avoid being scanned, if your hostile You are rejected and refused permission to land if you approach a station controlled by a hostile faction even after being told to smeg off, full force is used... YES
Any side can claim any bounty so both sides will shoot you for any bounty you have after they scan you...

Last edited:
Hi :)

Don't feel too bad about it, I hadn't been in any combat zones until yesterday and I've been playing this game for years. Also with the slightly (in my own personal view) ambiguous way this combat CG has been implemented I personally found it a bit confusing. I had the same experience more or less the same as yours. Lost a Cutter while trying to dock at the Systems main station which had become hostile (400 credit bounty on my head). I was interdicted on the way back to the station from the Silver Legal Group Carrier by a federal ship which belonged to the Jupiter Faction. I shot at the ship but didn't destroy it. I realized later it was just 'checking me out' as other federal ships had (belonging to the Silver Legal group, in the system, not the CZ). I just naturally assumed it would fire on me being from the Jupiter Faction. The station destroyed my ship as i was trying to dock....and I ended up at the prison colony. :D
No big problem, I've several billion credits in the bank so....🤷‍♂️
On the plus side I've got access to another engineer (through combat bonds) and this will lead to access to another engineer later on, so it's all good in the long term. (y)

Jack :)

That's a refreshing;y positive attitude. :)
Hi, and thanks', I'm just trying to ease your (and my) frustration! :)

Now that I'm in the 50% tier I should get the permit eventually. What I'm now trying to do as the CG is finished is get my rep up with Jupiter at the systems main station...this should be fun as the station is hostile to me (good job I tried landing there in a cheap ship as I thought there might be problems ;)). The Jupiter's carrier is also hostile.
I went back into the CZ and shot up a few of Silvers ships (which I'm currently allied to). The station now shows me as 'unfriendly' so I'm going to try to see if they'l let me dock.
If not it's back to the CZ and shoot up some more of Silvers pilots.....hoping to strike a balance here where I can actually land at the station without upsetting the Silver's side too much.
Side note....nearly lost my Cutter again, cockpit shot out and managed to limp back to the Iron wings carrier by replenishing my air supply on the way in. No Hud so it was quite an experience....noticed my hands were shaking a bit as I docked safely.😰
Tallyho!.....

Jack :)

If not it's back to the CZ and shoot up some more of Silvers pilots.....hoping to strike a balance here where I can actually land at the station without upsetting the Silver's side too much.

Just go to the Res Sites and collect bounties there instead. JR faction is in control so youll get majority for them (was in control but now maybe at 0% but this still works coz its how I did it). Allows you to rank up with JR without annoying Silver at all as not part of the war effort...and theyre a lot easier than CZ ships...just be careful which station or Megaship you approach while your hostile with the faction.....and dont kill cops unless you know you actually want to for BGS or whatever....dont even fire back, just run away :)

Top Bottom