Horizons Help with data point please

Does anyone know how to interact with this data point?
I've set up a fire group and am in turret mode, but can't seem to get anything to happen.
data point.jpgdata scanner.jpg
Thanks in advance

You need to target the data point then activate the scanner. Will look like other scanners and complete after 10 + secs. You will get sellable data showing in the Transactions tab of the UI

Set "Fire deploys weapons" on
Bind the scanner to secondary fire trigger in options
Set the scanner to 2 in firegroups.

Then it should work. Hopefully.
Otherwise file a ticket and create a thread in bug forums. We have to spam them with requests, because this mechanic cannot stand!

I'm having the same issue, literally nothing works, do you need to be on an active mission to use data points? Because im deep out in the black exploring.

No, it should work whenever you have a data point or crashed probe or anything targetted.

I am still getting furious that we can't deploy and retract our scanners and turret manually.

No, it should work whenever you have a data point or crashed probe or anything targetted.

I am still getting furious that we can't deploy and retract our scanners and turret manually.

+REP for you sir, you were right i had to set retract on fire on, AND you need to wait for the turrets to line up on the target. That is annoying hope they fix that soon.

Deleted member 38366

D
The problem is that your scanner remains retracted.
You have to go to options and enable "Firing deploys hardpoints".

It's stupid. To put it lightly.

+100 if I could :)

That was it... Firing Deploys hardpoints needs to be Enabled indeed.

Thanks, now I saw for the very first time what that Data Link scanner does. Never got it to work before (since Beta1), not once.

-- edit --
Oh *lol*
Just found out scanning Data Links inside inhabited Systems isn't a good idea.
Got a Bounty onto my head, Wanted for 24hrs and some weird Data Link Scan worth 18000Cr in the Empire ?!

Oh well, learned something new again. No Data links or me then inside inhabited Systems ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom