Ships Help with my Bounty Hunting Krait (PvP)

So I've been fiddling with the design a bit. It's okay, has decent shields that I can recharge quick enough with one bank (and as long as I time it right not get cascaded - 3 second spin time) and 3 k hull is quite decent too if the shields go down. And the shield recharge rather fast. over 500 boost is pretty respectable when chasing, do wish it was faster though.

I'm also struggling with the weapons. The PA's with phasing do very well agaisnt pris stacked FDLs but not super great against anything else that is pris stacked and has hull. I fought a frag mamba that was pris stacked but had hull and it barely felt the PA's lol. The FSD interupt helps me stop people running. The cannon is good with impulse but I'm not sure it's doing that great in knocking targets off course, maybe another PA with target lock breaker would make more sense? I dont really run Rails with feedback because I can't get them down fast enough for them to even want to bank in the first place. And if thats the case I'd rather try to focus straight on the hull, does that make sense?

Anyway I'd love you opinions on this, the forums are always good at explaining why I should/shouldn't consider chaging my mind in certian areas.

Why did you hull tank the krait? I was under the impression that the krait is far more efficient as a shield tank as it has a huge amount of energy, but low hardness. Haven't flown a krait for quite a while, but the combination of those tiny shields with SCBs means that you can't utilize them fully.

Because I can't stack shield boosters. If I'm going to run SCBs I need at least 3 utility slots. KWS, FSWS and heat sinks. If I was making a ship that was just for combat then sure I could just stack boosters, banks and run overcharged PP + Prismatics.

If I was making a ship that was just for combat then sure I could just stack boosters, banks and run overcharged PP + Prismatics

I am not a PVP guy, however I do know that if you want to do PVP, your ship has to be 100% PVP not some kind of hybrid

I am not a PVP guy, however I do know that if you want to do PVP, your ship has to be 100% PVP not some kind of hybrid

It is a PvP ship. It's a PvP bounty hunting ship. It's had some success, see below.

I'm just looking for suggestions to make it better.

Top Bottom