Help with outfitting Corvette

Okay ... final (yeh, right!) round of tweaking!

- 1x C4 Beam Laser (G3 Efficient / Thermal Vent) + 2x C1 Pulse Laser (G4 Rapid Fire / special FX not done yet), all gimballed

These sit on the secondary trigger for all fire groups and are quite satisfying to use with the "pew pew" of the rapid fire pulses being far more interesting than the continual drone of the Beam. They make short work of shields, the Thermal Vent on the C4 Beam is more than enough to keep the heat under control and the Pulses have such a low power draw that the capacitor is nowhere near as strained as it was with 3 Beams.

All of which allows for ...

- 1x C4 Plasma Accelerator (G2 Focused / special FX not done yet but probably Plasma Slug when I have the mats)

The big guns are back! Well, one of 'em anyway. Way easier to hit with this than the under-nose mounted C3 and - of course - it does a shed load more damage. Also still just useful as a fixed weapon option if the enemies start spamming chaff! Sits on the primary fire trigger for my "Shields / Big Ships" fire group.

- 1x C3 MultiCannon (G5 Overcharged / AutoLoader) + 2x C2 MultiCannon (G5 Overchared / AutoLoader), all gimballed

That C3 slot seems to have most success with a MultiCannon - don't know why but seems to be able to stay on target better than a gimballed Beam or Pulse and - of course - no horrible pitching up to aim a fixed weapon m'larkey. It's also only ~9 DPS down vs the Huge MC I had before so not losing too much in order to get the big PA back! These sit on the primary trigger for my "Hull / Small Ships" fire group.

So far ... I may be starting to love my 'vette again! It's still annoyingly slow (yeh, yeh ... hoops to jump, Palin's to unlock ...) but now has massive shields and hull and the new weapon load out is very enjoyable: enough lasers to strip shields very quickly, the MCs are devastating against medium and small ships and it has the fun factor of the huge PA against large ships again. So far, the only things which have even scratched the shields are wings (where you have to kinda let one or two of 'em wail on you whilst you swat the flies!) or Deadly/Elite FAS and FDL pilots, where they're just a little too quick/agile to stay on 'em continuously but tough enough that they can get a few passes in. Still, losing 50% of one ring of shields isn't exactly an issue and I've taken out wings of three ships without losing that first ring entirely so it seems solid.

I fly most gimball pulse lazers with eficient and oversized. Plus two with scramble. Two huge multicannons, overcharged and one is corrosive.

Hope it helps.

Fifty tons of rare tea!

Well ... you say that .. but actually, to improve my lasers beyond their current G3 I would need to:

• Liz Ryder: Gain cordial/friendly status with Erybia Blue Mafia; Provide 200 Landmines; Reach grade 3/4
  • Hera Tani: Gain Outside Rank with Empire; Provide 50 units of Rare Cigars; Reach grade 3/4
  • Broo Tarquin: Reach Competent combat rank; Provide 50 units of Rare Tea; Reach Grade 4
Yeh ... that sounds like fun ...

just dont fly that vette in open then, you will pop faster than a bug.

Nonsense. A Corvette can easily be built to survive long enough to run/ jump away (most ships can), though I will agree that if you choose to fight in it you'll struggle more than you would in a smaller ship.

You sir are clearly an Imperial dissenter, invading this thread intent on spreading misinformation about the pride of the Federations shipyards. ;)

Nonsense. A Corvette can easily be built to survive long enough to run/ jump away (most ships can), though I will agree that if you choose to fight in it you'll struggle more than you would in a smaller ship.

You sir are clearly an Imperial dissenter, invading this thread intent on spreading misinformation about the pride of the Federations shipyards. ;)

You sir clearly do not know the lore of the game. I guess you have not seen my n7 tag which is part of the federation and also pledged to them also. Do not call me that imperial scum my good sir, but with that vette in open if he comes across a player that is eng to the max with a pvp set up he will pop fast simple as that. Like i said before spend the time eng it all to g5 then you will make the feds happy with a actual proper build. Eng it for pvp = broken for pve.

Hello Commanders,

I struggle to find some nice PvE setup for my Corvette, mostly weapons so I would like to ask you all for help. Yes I went through similar posts as usuall but if nothing else, game changes update to update.

3. What to put in those C4 slots? - Struggle to find something nice. Of course I put there 2 gimbaled Cannons with High Yeld in effort to penetrate armor, in dream of two shells appering inside enemy ship exploding tering it appart from inside. I recall it was quite fun but now it seems its not working anymore or not that much? Again probably this penetrating is changed, I even went for Sturdy to get more Armor piercing.

Any particular reason you are married to the Corvette? Something like a Krait m2 would do twice the effective/sustained DPS of most builds listed here and NPC pirates would have no chance of running. Corvettes can definitely be built to be competent bounty hunters, but they're really kind of subpar at this role compared to the alternative medium ship options. Vettes do fine at stationary defense and short range trade, but beyond this I can't think of a reason to use one.

The 2 C4 weapons are problematic because people assume it must do great damage. However C4 weapons pale in comparison to C3 power play weapons, namely Frags, so people try to make up for this to some small degree by using the fixed versions. Unfortunately the only offensive strength that the Corvette gets is from having top mounted C4s with an excellent wide firing arc and using fixed weapons eliminates that benefit. Fixed beams for instance do a whopping 106 DPS combined at short range and that requires a full 4 pips to WEP just to sustain those two piddly weapons. That's less than half the sustained DPS from my Krait using less than 2 pips for WEP. I honestly can't suggest a superior C4 weapon choice because in reality it doesn't exist. There are only choices that less bad than the best C3 choices.

Last edited:
@The Imperial dissenter masquerading as a member of the mighty Federation

This is what I fly in Open and I've yet to lose it in nearly 2 years. The weapon loadout is clearly meant for PVE but I've got enough shielding, hull, resistances on both and module protection/ integrity to escape EVERY SINGLE TIME whilst still being able to do ANY type of PVE content I want to, barring Thargoid obviously.

Maybe on PS4 the gankers just need to git gud, maybe I've just been lucky in those I've come across, but to say a Vette is pretty much guaranteed to die if targeted by a dedicated PVP'er is just laughable

Any particular reason you are married to the Corvette? Something like a Krait m2 would do twice the effective/sustained DPS of most builds listed here and NPC pirates would have no chance of running. Corvettes can definitely be built to be competent bounty hunters, but they're really kind of subpar at this role compared to the alternative medium ship options. Vettes do fine at stationary defense and short range trade, but beyond this I can't think of a reason to use one.

The 2 C4 weapons are problematic because people assume it must do great damage. However C4 weapons pale in comparison to C3 power play weapons, namely Frags, so people try to make up for this to some small degree by using the fixed versions. Unfortunately the only offensive strength that the Corvette gets is from having top mounted C4s with an excellent wide firing arc and using fixed weapons eliminates that benefit. Fixed beams for instance do a whopping 106 DPS combined at short range and that requires a full 4 pips to WEP just to sustain those two piddly weapons. That's less than half the sustained DPS from my Krait using less than 2 pips for WEP. I honestly can't suggest a superior C4 weapon choice because in reality it doesn't exist. There are only choices that less bad than the best C3 choices.
Very interesting. Well Corvette was last big ship I missed so that's the reason, simply to have them all. Now I have to say that I like those C4 beams very much, doesn't feel like I have any problem with energy etc. So far I don't like big ships much but corvette seems like quite maneuverable and with plenty of internals so I like it the most. Jump range could be better. Actually I wanted some mostly or all turrets ship but with no C4 turrets its kinda sad for me to put something C3 into C4 slot.

Well to be honest on most of my ships I kinda struggle with having enough DPS to kill enemies in reasonable time. Most of all some damn elite Vulture keeps circling around, it will never kill me and it takes so damn long to kill it if it wont FSD away sooner. On Conda I have lets say upper side beam lasers and under belly 2x MC, still sometimes it feels slow. Maybe its just me doing assassinate pirate missions again and again so it feels slow and its not.

I mean mission to kill 70 ships is getting a bit long and a bit repetitive, I wanted something which will do it fastest possible way. No access to Superpower stuff, doubt Ill ever have that, I cant be asked to grind merits if its same as I remember. To be honest I never saw anything working better than C4 fixed beams, although I never tried frags, maybe in very beginning and I didn't like that at all, so maybe ill try on some smaller ship.

I don't know usually ship looks well on paper but its not working in game. Either I have enough power to keep firing all day and do no dmg or I burst all in seconds and run out of power. I prefer later.

Last think is...I enjoyed corvette a bit, then made mining trip to see those famous void opals. It wasn't that much fun, a bit like searching for a needle in stack of hay, but I found some and also let myself killed by explosion throwing me on asteroid while taking away my shields. At least it was something unexpected so I enjoyed even that. But no matter what I kinda running into "what to do now" issue lately.

What setup do you have on such Krait?

Last edited:
Interesting point regarding the cannons.

I went through a phase of wanting to like cannons but I always found the ammunition capacity too low.

I guess, really, the true niche for using cannons is as a "secondary" weapon for delivering module damage rather than as a primary means of exploding other ships.

My 2nd 'vette often gets used for dubious purposes.
I might consider one or more cannons to replace the C3 MC or the C2 Imp Hammers, just to see what happens after I break a target's shield.

High-yeild cannon kinda suck now, but cannons in general have good APV, good penetration depth, very good breach chances, and high breach damage.

Raw damage isn't bad either, unless you mess it up with the current HYS.

just dont fly that vette in open then, you will pop faster than a bug.

Is that a comment about a specific build, or the ship in general?

A vette, in Open:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYq2gS06w84

Plasma slug PAs

Slap on an extra fuel tank, and clobber your enemies until you get bored.

Enemies trying to wake? Delete them with a wall of plasma, if you haven’t already.

Well - reworked my ‘vettes loadout again ...

Firstly, switched a couple of the Heavy Duty Shield Boosters for Resistance Augmented which dropped shields from 2900 to just shy of 2600 but increased Thermal and Kinetic resists to 60% which seems a much better fit for bi-weaves.

Weapon-wise, I’ve kitted our the two C1 hardpoints and the C3 hardpoint with Long Range Rails with Plasma Slug. Loads of ammo, even with the stock fuel tank, and the long range mod is useful when NPCs try to flee with 10% Hull ... I’ve gone C1 in all three slots as my OCD wouldn’t allow them to fire separately but a C2 in the lower slot would obviously be better from a pure DPS perspective ...

Other slots are a C4 + C2 Beam Laser on the left hand side (both G3 Efficient with Thermal Vent on the Huge) and a C4 + C2 MultiCannon (both G5 Overcharged with AutoLoader) on the right hand side. All gimballed.

The lasers and MCs are lethal enough on their own and will melt pretty much anything so long as they don’t go chaff-crazy.

The rails bring some “fun” into it and are a good option for defeating chaff. They seem equally effective against both large ships (shield stripping and power plant killing) and small ships - can sometimes snipe them before the other weapons get in range!

With a G5 Charge Enhanced PD I can pretty much run everything with 3 pips in weapons, leaves a couple in shields and engines which definitely helps.

Is it worth it to put cascade on both rails? Will it stack, be more effective?

Feedback cascade does stack, and will reach maximum effect against an SCB charge faster.

It takes something like five shots from a single class 1 feedback rail to reach full 90% reduction on a class 7 or 8 SCB, if I recall correctly.

Top Bottom