Dinosaurs General Gameplay Herbivores eat trees and Lysine Solution (suggestion of gameplay and accurate with the movie)

Herbivorous dinosaurs should be able to eat trees, bushes and plants on the ground.

This would be more realistic and could represent a little additional challenge for the players, because by eating the vegetation, the herbivores would destroy the bushes and trees and thus modify the amount of vegetation in their enclosures which would therefore become incomforable for them.

Example: a brachiosaurus (who therefore needs a lot of trees in his enclosure to feel good) eats all the trees in his enclosure, the player is therefore obliged to manually put the forest back in the enclosure to prevent the Brachiosaurus try to destroy the fence to get out.

The same system could be applied to small and medium-sized herbivores with bushes and plants on the ground. Ceratopciens, Stegos, hadrosaurs, Ornithomimids and others could eat the plants on the ground and the bushes and need them in their pens to feel good in their pens. and if they eat everything, they will try to go out.
In this case, the "grazing" animation could be used more correctly, precisely when the animals eat the bushes and the plants.
Overall, the herbivores could also eat in the feeders if they are very close at times when they are hungry. but if they are far away and the nearest food source is the trees or the bushes, the herbivores will eat the latter and will not bother to travel to the feeders.

but there would obviously be a solution to this problem, THE LYSINE SOLUTION.
As Ray Arnold explains in the film, a gene is introduced into the genetic code of dinosaurs to prevent them from synthesizing lysine and digesting plants and trees. Because of this gene (unlockable in the research center) , dinosaurs will no longer be able to eat the vegetation in their enclosures and will be forced to eat in the feeders (as currently in the game).

This system is interesting because it makes the gamplay a little more complex and is also accurate to the movies.

PS:
Dissemination of seeds by defecation :
Dinosaurs having eaten plants and trees, poop and spread the seeds of plants and trees they have eaten all over the map, the excrement slowly turns into a tree or a bush.
this system could be interesting because firstly it adds more realism, and secondly it simulates a dynamic ecosystem.

Last edited:
I just think it's wrong and immoral to make the dinosaurs lysine deficient and besides I already have to worry about them dying of old age. I don't want to worry about them dying of lysine deficiency too.

I just think it's wrong and immoral to make the dinosaurs lysine deficient and besides I already have to worry about them dying of old age. I don't want to worry about them dying of lysine deficiency too.
I think you should read my publication again. There was never any question of making the dinosaurs die of hunger, but of making them capable of eating natural vegetation, then of making them dependent on feeders. lysine would already be in feeders.

I do like their grazing animation, but I think it would really be a pain to have to replant everyth again, since I do like to work very much with foliage and wouldn’t want it to get eaten up right away. I do think the idea is cool, but I think it would be cooler and not as annoying when first of all they regenerate a bit of the food bar while grazing and second of all when they eat from their feeder, that the food slowly disappears.

I do like their grazing animation, but I think it would really be a pain to have to replant everyth again, since I do like to work very much with foliage and wouldn’t want it to get eaten up right away. I do think the idea is cool, but I think it would be cooler and not as annoying when first of all they regenerate a bit of the food bar while grazing and second of all when they eat from their feeder, that the food slowly disappears.

well, anyway it wouldn't be a problem at all if you unlock the lysine solution in the research center and give your dinosaurs the lysine deficiency gene. In this case, the modified dinosaurs will no longer be able to eat wild plants and trees, but will be forced to eat in feeders (because it is assumed that the food of the feeders is basically enriched in lysine).
So if you create your 100% natural dinosaurs, they will eat all the plants in their pens, and if you create them with the lysine deficiency gene, they will only eat in feeders, and you can work with foliage quietly.

I really don’t think it’s a bad idea, but since this wouldn’t really have a huge positive impact on the game I would rather like Frontier to work on totally new stuff, that are missing in the game. Don’t get me wrong, I also think they should improve stuff.

I really don’t think it’s a bad idea, but since this wouldn’t really have a huge positive impact on the game I would rather like Frontier to work on totally new stuff, that are missing in the game. Don’t get me wrong, I also think they should improve stuff.
Yes, you're right. This is indeed more a detail than a priority, but this system could at least make the game a little more realistic (and this game lacks a lot of realism) and accurate with movies.
I think the priority will be above all to improve the AI of dinosaurs.
but this system could be a start.

Top Bottom