Here's What G5ing Your Gear Will Cost You

Beyond upgrade slots for mods, shield regeneration and shield strength, is there any actual benefit for upgrading these suits?

I can pretty much steamroll over every CZ and Mission so far in just the basic, nonupgraded gear.

I think the issue will be PVP, where one CMDR in G5 everything becomes an unkillable slayer.

I would suggest CZ be restricted to certain engineering levels. E.g. Low Rez CZ = max G1 gear, Medium = G3, High = anything goes.

Since we can apparently have multiple suits, it wouldn't restrict anyone from going to a CZ for a PVP session - they'd just have to slip into something more suitable first.

If you can manage the timing on low grav worlds, dropping mines on people can be quite effective.
someone getting hit by the equivalent of a pair of 16' battleship shells (huge multi cannon shells) should not exist not only at the time of impact, but they should have been feeling it for most of their life beforehand.

The same with getting hit by plasma shots from a ship they should be nothing more than a nuclear shadow

and getting hit by rail guns should turn them into a 3d jackson pollock hanging in the low grav.

That you can punch to destructions ships and shields engineered to take that kind of punishment is kind of ridiculous

Since we can apparently have multiple suits, it wouldn't restrict anyone from going to a CZ for a PVP session - they'd just have to slip into something more suitable first.
Yay, even more grind for multiple suits. I've already cut down my goals. Now I'm merely aiming at a Maverick suit setup engineered for stealth and sniping, a Dominator setup engineered for resilience and damage and an Artemis setup engineered for survivability and energy conservation. Plans for a Maverick combat variant and a Dominator sniper variant have been cut, too much work.

Yay, even more grind for multiple suits. I've already cut down my goals. Now I'm merely aiming at a Maverick suit setup engineered for stealth and sniping, a Dominator setup engineered for resilience and damage and an Artemis setup engineered for survivability and energy conservation. Plans for a Maverick combat variant and a Dominator sniper variant have been cut, too much work.

It looks like you can engineer a dozen G1 suits for the same amount as a single G3.

I think the issue will be PVP, where one CMDR in G5 everything becomes an unkillable slayer.

I would suggest CZ be restricted to certain engineering levels. E.g. Low Rez CZ = max G1 gear, Medium = G3, High = anything goes.

I think I'd rather they just not have such a wide power spread. I should not be able to take a ship-mounted railgun slug to the face and ask for seconds even in a G5 Dominator.

A quick tip to make SOME of this grind easier:
Just some relogging at "impact site" (NOT crash site) and downloading from satellite data port and I got this:

1619081099397.png

I've called it. Yet another grindloops to get to just apply w+m1 to waltz through levels, players and everything else that can't be bothered to jump through FD's pawlow hoops.

Re-logging or any form of exploit along with 'Random numbers' should NEVER be the basis of 'gameplay' and should NOT be rewarded!! IMHO
Agree 100% IF and only if a viable and not too grindy and infuriating alternative is in place. That is what ED is lacking. If you go for a large engineered fleet in Horizons or a luxurious armory in Odyssey, relog grind is pure self defense against the lacking alternatives.

Some excellent research OP - it will be 'interesting' if the figures remain the same once released.

After 120 hours in alpha I had sufficient mats to upgrade 1 weapon - except I couldn't as most of the mats were from mission rewards - which is a little strange.

Unless the AI changes to be 'better' I wouldn't need particularly heavily engineered weapons as I can solo a high with stock ones anyway - and forsee the 'grinders' compaining that everything is too easy as they got their G5 everything a couple of weeks into launch... That is just about guaranteed :ROFLMAO:

Me, I may get to G3 in the first year of playing - but only on a couple of weapons and a suit...

Cynically - I look forward to the complaints of 'too grindy' with some relish.

Unless the AI changes to be 'better' I wouldn't need particularly heavily engineered weapons as I can solo a high with stock ones anyway - and forsee the 'grinders' compaining that everything is too easy as they got their G5 everything a couple of weeks into launch... That is just about guaranteed :ROFLMAO:

Cynically - I look forward to the complaints of 'too grindy' with some relish.
You won't hear me complain, I like it chill and easy, and I will sink my teeth into the grind to get it over with.

LOL I haven't even figured out how to get all the stuff yet.

I'm assuming you got all of the materials nefariously rather than legitimately. Has anyone figured out how long it takes to do this through missions instead of robbing people blind?

I got an idea!
Let's make cooldowns for gathering materials. Something like if you found 1 MI in data port, you wont find any of it in a week. Well you know just to make sure that nobody would ever do any engineering. If nobody use the system, nobody will complain about. Problem solved.

I got an idea!
Let's make cooldowns for gathering materials. Something like if you found 1 MI in data port, you wont find any of it in a week. Well you know just to make sure that nobody would ever do any engineering. If nobody use the system, nobody will complain about. Problem solved.
Of course there should be option to reset countdown timer for a modest 1.000 ARX.

Top Bottom