Here's why I would choose a PC only focus

Well maybe by 2025 PC would probably be replaced by Smart tablet by 2027? I mean a lot of companies are ditching computers for tablets now since they're more safer and more secure. And also Apple seems to be more invested in replacing their laptops and Computers with something possibly even better. I should know because I noticed that the company I work for ditched computers for tablets because the company viewed them as obsolete and computers are more vulnerable to computer viruses. I used to have a computer but then afterwards I kept getting virus after virus after being hacked several times even the alien ain't safe.so it's not far-fetched to say that soon even computers will be viewed as obsolete by consumers. 😐
LOL :ROFLMAO:
Don't bring any Apple devices into gaming threads pls.
And it make me curious, how and why you kept getting virus?? Cz even without any anti virus but only from win 10, i never have issues like that with my rig.
I mean, this just about how you take care of your beloved rig.

Last edited:
Just because JW:E "sold over 2 million copies", it doesn't mean that the game was success and i was explained to you why i stand with PC exclusive.
If you see it as number of selling or i call it as "quantity", Yes it was success because the hype of the fans that have wait over 10 years for JPOG successors.
But if you see it as "quality", it wasn't.
Why?? Because its lack of contents.
Why its lack of contents??? some said that the game was rush by license holder of the game but i have different perspective.
In my opinion, it's not just because they rushed the game to release but mainly because the game itself made for multiplatform and suffer the consequences like the others. It was simplified to make the game more "friendly" for all of its ports.
The right example in this case is Zoo Tycoon.
Have you play the original ZT or ZT2 before??
Have you noticed the differences between original one or its sequel with the one that released in 2013 for XBox??
This is the reason why in my opinion the sequel should focus on PC than make it for multiplatform again like JWE was (if this leak turns out to be true).
But again, this all just my personal opinion. I believe Frontier will do the best for their creations and for us.
I wasn't intended to act as PC MUSTARD RACE (Since i'm hybrid players that started the gaming life as console player with Nintendo, then Sega to PS generation later) but just give my perspective for the sake of one of my favourites game in genre as die hard fan.

Well, to be fair, I think there is no denying that the game was indeed rushed.

However, I really think you have a point and multiplatform did hinder it further, and still is: the best proof of it, I think, is just the history of updates and content so far: why so many months between one and the other? Why deliver so few actual content the whole community is claiming for in the first place?

The very last update makes it painfully obvious that multiplatform is causing them trouble and driving us all nuts by all the waiting. So, I wouldn't deny that consoles could increase profit for both FD and universal if only for mere bigger market, but quality will certainly be affected and I just doubt that would work twice.

I think they meant obsolete for use at work, though I still doubt that, Computers, PCs for that matter are still a part of a company's work devices. I'd like to see people try type a 10-page report using a tablet. xD
Although virtual reality sounds pretty cool though. Pretty soon there won't be any need for even computers or consoles. Holograms pretty much will be the computer. The French and the Japanese
LOL :ROFLMAO:
Don't bring any Apple devices into gaming threads pls.
And it make me curious, how and why you kept getting virus?? Cz even without any anti virus but only from win 10, i never have issues like that with my rig.
I mean, this just about how you take care of your beloved rig.
It's true hackers are always a problem for PC players even though i got protection thanks to anti virus software. Which is why I gave up PC for console because I have a less problematic time with it. I pretty much keep up on PC because hackers kept on hacking my computer and I wasn't even on any websites other than playing games like the Isle, World of warships, War thunder, and of course World of Warcraft.

Guys, I think that each plays on the platform you want, consoles are good, PC's are good, just not fair to make JWE2 unique to PC, since many could play by the consoles. It would be even stupidity to make the game just for PC when you can profit much more by selling to consoles as well. Not everyone who has conditions to buy a superpotent PC, one should do the game for PC, but do it for the consoles would leave the game more accessible

Although virtual reality sounds pretty cool though. Pretty soon there won't be any need for even computers or consoles. Holograms pretty much will be the computer. The French and the Japanese

It's true hackers are always a problem for PC players even though i got protection thanks to anti virus software. Which is why I gave up PC for console because I have a less problematic time with it. I pretty much keep up on PC because hackers kept on hacking my computer and I wasn't even on any websites other than playing games like the Isle, World of warships, War thunder, and of course World of Warcraft.

Well I have real trouble visualizing "holograms" taking over more trad forms of gaming even in 2025, but even if that were true, chances are you would still need a PC because the require devices would likely be just to expensive otherwise.

And no, hackers are not a problem is you follow a certain set of rules, not just "install antivirus-x" and go. If you say that because windows eventually slows down, that is natural even for consoles, but one can certainly help it by actually doing some management (defragmentation, etc)

Guys, I think that each plays on the platform you want, consoles are good, PC's are good, just not fair to make JWE2 unique to PC, since many could play by the consoles. It would be even stupidity to make the game just for PC when you can profit much more by selling to consoles as well. Not everyone who has conditions to buy a superpotent PC, one should do the game for PC, but do it for the consoles would leave the game more accessible

Actually, you don't need a "superpotent PC" to play. Not JWE anyway. As I said, my travelling and working laptop is 4yo already and still runs WoW among other things.

The discussion was started and contra-arguments needed to occur. But I would agree everyone plays where they can, which is fine. But I can't personally find it fine to ask for the same mistakes to be committed twice and needed to voice it: it just doesn't make sense 🤷‍♂️

The solution is pretty simple really:
Make the game's main/primary platform be PC, with no limitations to graphic renders & whatnot. Make the game as beautifully rendered as possible.
As for the consoles, because of their limited hardware, take the game, tweak it so that the consoles can run them. Doesn't matter if the graphic renders are reduced, as long as the console can run it with respectable FPS & graphic quality.
Basically 1 game -> 2 versions -> 1 version per platform.

It's a Win-Win-Win Scenario.
Win for the PC since the graphics aren't restricted.
Win for the consoles since they'd get access to the game.
Win for FD since they'd manage to sell the game to both PC & console.

TBH though, I want to buy & play a game that isnt graphically gimped/restricted because its also played in consoles.

once again do you think Universal will just put it on PC platform after the success of Jurassic world Evolution selling over 2 million copies worldwide and still is selling copies and making money off of this franchises name. Let's also again remember the majority of those sales were console do you really think PC alone will make the same amount of money for them again? Heck Jurassic world evolution probably surpassed Jurassic Park operation Genesis in sales by now. Even though you're making the argument that consoles are inferior to PC do you really think that changes anything with universal knowing that this franchise can succeed even better on all platforms to Universal this is an huge success. You can still ridicule the game for being incomplete and blame consoles for it but let's not forget Universal is the one that made Frontier unfortunately Rush this game before it was complete because they didn't know what to do with this game since the beginning since they had no plan for this game, it's not their franchise it's Universal franchise and after selling two million copies do you really think Universal is going to just go PC at this point in time? you can try to justify that the graphics on PC and try to bash consoles for not being as good however PC has its problems to let's not forget it doesn't make as much money as console gaming does because the majority of players are console players, Universal probably does take the majority of the cash and Jurassic world is property of Universal studios so I think the reason why Frontier had to put JWE on all platforms is for that reason.

Last edited:
Make the game's main/primary platform be PC, with no limitations to graphic renders & whatnot. Make the game as beautifully rendered as possible.
As for the consoles, because of their limited hardware, take the game, tweak it so that the consoles can run them. Doesn't matter if the graphic renders are reduced, as long as the console can run it with respectable FPS & graphic quality.

TBH though, I want to buy & play a game that isnt graphically gimped/restricted because its also played in consoles.

Well... I liked your solution. I play JWE on PS4, my friend plays on the PC, I particularly do not see difference of graph between the two, but even if the graphics on the PC are better, the difference is little. Anyway, with this solution everyone would win, both consoles players and PC players. I hope JWE2 come soon, I look forward to playing

once again do you think Universal will just put it on PC platform after the success of Jurassic world Evolution selling over 2 million copies worldwide and still is selling copies and making money off of this franchises name. Let's also again remember the majority of those sales were console do you really think PC alone will make the same amount of money for them again? Heck Jurassic world evolution probably surpassed Jurassic Park operation Genesis in sales by now. Even though you're making the argument that consoles are inferior to PC do you really think that changes anything with universal knowing that this franchise can succeed even better on all platforms to Universal this is an huge success. You can still ridicule the game for being incomplete and blame consoles for it but let's not forget Universal is the one that made Frontier unfortunately Rush this game before it was complete because they didn't know what to do with this game since the beginning since they had no plan for this game, it's not their franchise it's Universal franchise and after selling two million copies do you really think Universal is going to just go PC at this point in time? you can try to justify that the graphics on PC and try to bash consoles for not being as good however PC has its problems to let's not forget it doesn't make as much money as console gaming does because the majority of players are console players, and Universal probably does take the majority of the cash then Frontier since Jurassic world is property of Universal studios so I think the reason why they had to put it on all platforms is for that reason.
Absolutely agree!

Well I have real trouble visualizing "holograms" taking over more trad forms of gaming even in 2025, but even if that were true, chances are you would still need a PC because the require devices would likely be just to expensive otherwise.

And no, hackers are not a problem is you follow a certain set of rules, not just "install antivirus-x" and go. If you say that because windows eventually slows down, that is natural even for consoles, but one can certainly help it by actually doing some management (defragmentation, etc)

Actually, you don't need a "superpotent PC" to play. Not JWE anyway. As I said, my travelling and working laptop is 4yo already and still runs WoW among other things.

The discussion was started and contra-arguments needed to occur. But I would agree everyone plays where they can, which is fine. But I can't personally find it fine to ask for the same mistakes to be committed twice and needed to voice it: it just doesn't make sense 🤷‍♂️
Well... Depends on where you live, here in South America is need a better and more expensive video card, my video card is Geforce GTX 550 Ti, the minimum to play JWE on the PC is Geforce GTX 1050, that's why I play on PS4. Where I live a video card is very expensive. So I give preference to consoles, but I can not deny that the gaming experience on the PC is amazing

Even though you're making the argument that consoles are inferior to PC do you really think that changes anything with universal knowing that this franchise can succeed even better on all platforms to Universal this is an huge success. You can still ridicule the game for being incomplete and blame consoles for it but let's not forget Universal is the one that made Frontier unfortunately Rush this game before it was complete because they didn't know what to do with this game since the beginning since they had no plan for this game, it's not their franchise it's Universal franchise and after selling two million copies do you really think Universal is going to just go PC at this point in time?

This is just another sad fact, much like inferiority of consoles, but in no way a good reason to defend the latter. It will just make FD commit the same mistake twice, and then I personally wouldn't expect much from JWE2 than I did with the current game. People usually remembers, so I don't think JWE2 would sell just as well if it follows the same pattern as JWE. PC preordering will definitively be affected and might cause another nuisances; going two-way again, as they will likely do by your precise point, will just leave as all frustrated. Again.

I think it will be the only solution

P.C criticism and problems
I noticed something about PCS that consoles have whenever they play Elder Scrolls or any other RPG game they always seem to freeze? And yet with Jurassic world evolution which is solely for one player only it doesn't freeze where is that could it be that there are limits even to PC? I noticed even Halo and other multiplayer games also freeze constantly aswell which means PC seems to have a lot of trouble with multiplayer when it comes to gaming. then again I once was a PC player but grew tired of the PC because it kept on either freezing or because I just made a lot of enemies online (Hackers) for being a great gamer, not to mention the expense of one hard drive such as alien would cost a very pretty penny compared to a console which seems to be much cheaper. come to think of it computers cost a lot of money to maintenance if something goes wrong not to mention the expensive geek squad's that come to fix your computer and You Don't Know Jack about the computer software. some even call the P.C "the pay to win" players among console players I just wonder why displayed although I'm pretty sure a lot of console Gamers would probably assume that P.C Gamers are rich (I know I had to face the criticisms from console players since I started gaming on console and since the majority of sales for Jurassic world evolution we're pretty low for PC players most players assume that it must be true). So basically also I pretty much don't like the PC anymore because it cost too much just to maintain it even if something were to go wrong you have to hire somebody to fix you're systems on your computer.

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand all this selfishness. Some PC's have rather a superiority but it's nothing that a console can not give account, PC is not all that speak no. You talk as if the PC was the only platform capable of holding JWE2. PC is good and powerful but the consoles have as much potential as the PC. Why is it a unique PC game when you can make it accessible to all platforms, so everyone wins? :(

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand all this selfishness. Some PC's have rather a superiority but it's nothing that a console can not give account, PC is not all that speak no. You talk as if the PC was the only platform capable of holding JWE2. PC is good and powerful but the consoles have as much potential as the PC's. To make it a unique PC game when you can make it accessible to all platforms, so everyone wins :(
some Console players even assume that the one percent are PC players. Even Famous Youtubers make a lot of Money and the majority of those YouTubers are PC gamers.

Last edited:
P.C criticism and problems
1. I noticed something about PCS that consoles have whenever they play Elder Scrolls or any other RPG game they always seem to freeze? And yet with Jurassic world evolution which is solely for one player only it doesn't freeze where is that could it be that there are limits even to PC? I noticed even Halo and other multiplayer games also freeze constantly aswell which means PC seems to have a lot of trouble with multiplayer when it comes to gaming. then again I once was a PC player but grew tired of the PC because it kept on either freezing or because I just made a lot of enemies online (Hackers) for being a great gamer,

2. not to mention the expense of one hard drive such as alien would cost a very pretty penny compared to a console which seems to be much cheaper. come to think of it computers cost a lot of money to maintenance if something goes wrong not to mention the expensive geek squad's that come to fix your computer and You Don't Know Jack about the computer software. some even call the P.C "the pay to win" players among console players I just wonder why displayed although I'm pretty sure a lot of console Gamers would probably assume that P.C Gamers are rich (I know I had to face the criticisms from console players since I started gaming on console and since the majority of sales for Jurassic world evolution we're pretty low for PC players most players assume that it must be true). So basically also I pretty much don't like the PC anymore because it cost too much just to maintain it even if something were to go wrong you have to hire somebody to fix you're systems on your computer.

1. I disagree. Both PCs & Consoles experience freezes, no such exceptions, even phones & tablets experience freezes, especially if the unit is old. Why? Because I experienced it myself. I played from PS1 to 4, & experienced freezes on those. So saying PC's freeze up while consoles dont is a lie. As per hackers, I've played CoD:MW2 on both PC & consoles, LAN & online, and I tell you, there were hackers not only on PC, but on consoles as well, so consoles aren't safe from the same things that plague PCs. Regardless if its PC or console, both are susceptible to system freezes, the only question is when.

2. Again, I disagree, yes, computers MAY, I emphasize "MAY" ,cost a lot of money to setup, but cost far less to maintain, & lasts for several years if properly cared for. Why? because the parts are easily available compared to consoles. Consoles require dedicated service centers when they experience hardware problems, some even require complete replacement of the unit, which if it is outside warranty, is pretty expensive, PCs on the otherhand, if they experience problems in their hardware, you can just replace the problematic hardware while keeping the other parts as is, plus you can just bring them to any computer shop, unlike consoles. A consoles average lifespan, in effect, its relevance before a new console model comes out, is basically lower, compared to a PC. Until consoles incorporate the ability of being upgraded over the years, they lose to PCs when it comes to maintenance.

On a sidenote: I previously played on my cousin's HP gaming laptop which he gave away before immigrating to another country. Its currently 6yrs old now, before I had to buy a new ASUS gaming laptop. As I said, PCs, & to a lesser extent, gaming laptops, are less expensive to maintain since they have parts that can be easily replaced, while consoles are stuck with what they have.
Additionally, when it comes to price, yes, consoles take the bag since they're cheaper, but then again, they're only relevant for a few years, they have a short lifespan before newer models come out.

Last edited:
1. I disagree. Both PCs & Consoles experience freezes, no such exceptions, even phones & tablets experience freezes, especially if the unit is old. Why? Because I experienced it myself. I played from PS1 to 4, & experienced freezes on those. So saying PC's freeze up while consoles dont is a lie. As per hackers, I've played CoD:MW2 on both PC & consoles, LAN & online, and I tell you, there were hackers not only on PC, but on consoles as well, so consoles aren't safe from the same things that plague PCs. Regardless if its PC or console, both are susceptible to system freezes, the only question is when.

2. Again, I disagree, yes, computers MAY, I emphasize "MAY" ,cost a lot of money to setup, but cost far less to maintain, & lasts for several years if properly cared for. Why? because the parts are easily available compared to consoles. Consoles require dedicated service centers when they experience hardware problems, some even require complete replacement of the unit, which if it is outside warranty, is pretty expensive, PCs on the otherhand, if they experience problems in their hardware, you can just replace the problematic hardware while keeping the other parts as is, plus you can just bring them to any computer shop, unlike consoles. A consoles average lifespan, in effect, its relevance before a new console model comes out, is basically lower, compared to a PC. Until consoles incorporate the ability of being upgraded over the years, the lose to PCs when it comes to maintenance.

On a sidenote: I previously played on my cousin's HP gaming laptop which he gave away before immigrating to another country. Its currently 6yrs old now, before I had to buy a new ASUS gaming laptop. As I said, PCs, & to a lesser extent, gaming laptops, are less expensive to maintain since they have parts that can be easily replaced, while consoles are stuck with what they have.
Additionally, when it comes to price, yes, consoles take the bag since they're cheaper, but then again, they're only relevant for a few years, they have a short lifespan before newer models come out.
what do you know I had my Xbox for over 6 years now just like your laptop and all I had to do was just keep cleaning it and maintaining the internet connction and whenever I had a problem with the Xbox I just send it to Microsoft through mail and then two weeks later Microsoft returns it and it works is if it's brand new and the only problem I had with the Xbox was the disc drive not working, well once the Xbox 2 comes out the all-digital will be the thing that will make disc obsolete in gaming this way we don't have to change our copies from One console to another. I don't know if Sony does that for the PlayStation but I won't know until I purchase a PlayStation 4 or PS5. 🙂

also I forgot to mention I've played Star Wars the Old Republic through console all they had to do was just enter into my account and I was playing Star Wars the Old Republic through Xbox One and I learned how to do it through YouTube, so at this point I'm very confident that the Xbox can handle a PC can especially in RPG as famous as Star Wars the Old Republic.

well then I can't wait to see the reveal of the next Xbox 2 and PS5. Microsoft is pretty much confidence that it'll surpassed the PC Gaming I can only wait and speculate to see what happens. the Xbox One S on the other hand was a waste of money considering the all digital Edition was a gutted version of the Xbox One S all that was missing was the disc drive.

Last edited:
what do you know I had my Xbox for over 6 years now just like your laptop and all I had to do was just keep cleaning it and maintaining the internet connction and whenever I had a problem with the Xbox I just send it to Microsoft through mail and then two weeks later Microsoft returns it and it works is if it's brand new and the only problem I had with the Xbox was the disc drive not working, well once the Xbox 2 comes out the all-digital will be the thing that will make disc obsolete in gaming this way we don't have to change our copies from One console to another. I don't know if Sony does that for the PlayStation but I won't know until I purchase a PlayStation 4 or PS5. 🙂

also I forgot to mention I've played Star Wars the Old Republic through console all they had to do was just enter into my account and I was playing Star Wars the Old Republic through Xbox One and I learned how to do it through YouTube, so at this point I'm very confident that the Xbox can handle a PC can especially in RPG as famous as Star Wars the Old Republic.

well then I can't wait to see the reveal of the next Xbox 2 and PS5. Microsoft is pretty much confidence that it'll surpassed the PC Gaming I can only wait and speculate to see what happens. the Xbox One S on the other hand was a waste of money considering the all digital Edition was a gutted version of the Xbox One S all that was missing was the disc drive.

My italics.

Hykelion explained every point in favor of PC perfectly, so I'll just say that there's no worst a blind that he who doesn't want to see, as they say (no offense intended). But I'd like to offer a live example:

I had this laptop for almost 5 years now and only still hadn't need to send it to any maintenance service, but the one I had before had a similar problem as your X-box when the DVD reader stopped working. I took it to a service placed a couple blocks from here, walking, and had it fixed that very week. In less than 72 hours, actually, and that because I couldn't go pick it up earlier.

When they stole it from my dad, I had to buy the one I'm using now (as I said, almost 5 years ago) and still runs everything smooth and nicely; but I might be able to change it's graphic card in one or two christmas to prolong it's useful life.

Now, could have done either of that with the X-box? No, and Microsoft can promise everything they wish, but they won't likely allow you such freedom whatever they might promise, for the very same reason you'll likely get JWE2 on consoles: money. They will insist on being the only technical service allowed and they won't certainly allow you to change whatever pieces you like to improve it and extend it's life and, if they do, you'll likely need to purchase them from Microsoft itself and pay them to install them for you. None of that happens with PC.

Oh, and this laptop was only 200$ more than a PS4, even if it's not considered a gaming laptop (I purchased it to play, but mainly for work while I'm travelling) and still runs pretty much everything. Definitively worth saving some extra 200$ and inform oneself a bit on PC before purchasing ;)

Ain't laptops have limited memory space compared to normal computers? Yeah they have more memory than Consoles but My best friend had a laptop and year ago and well it crashed when he downloaded too much stuff on on his personal computer? Games music and work files was all he had on there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom