Hey Frontier, is it just me or do you get the sense that exploration needs some love?

OJRpryW.png

A quick search reveals no fewer than 9 new threads (oops, 10 now) asking for new exploration gameplay features ...

Explorer-s-it-s-time-to-claim-our-content

If-Explorers-are-going-to-start-claiming-our-content-than-the-first-place-to-start-should-be-Comets

Brainstorm-for-simple-exploration-missions

More-Exploration-ideas

What-gameplay-elements-are-needed-to-make-exploration-as-fun-and-engaging-as-combat

Why-is-exploration-being-neglected

A-slap-in-the-face-for-explorers

What-has-FD-ever-done-for-us

Evidence-for-Exploration-Mechanics

Not to mention the discussion in the on-going 2.3 mega thread, the exploration aspect of which is quite nicely expressed here ...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-mega-thread?p=5103555&viewfull=1#post5103555

Is further exploration gameplay on your roadmap at all or, if not, are you having second thoughts about changing the roadmap? (or, as the above post suggests, are your hands tied in this regard).

Last edited:
You're asking for feedback. This can only mean one thing!

Hi Alec!

Welcome to the forums! The beer's in the fridge and the nuts will be in shortly to tell you an empty planet is a lot of exploration content.

Enjoy your stay! :)

it is just you.

Nobody has the intention to give exploration some love

- to paraphrase walter ulbricht.

look up that quote, because it is damn usefull in our times!

You're asking for feedback. This can only mean one thing!

Hi Alec!

Welcome to the forums! The beer's in the fridge and the nuts will be in shortly to tell you an empty planet is a lot of exploration content.

Enjoy your stay! :)

You done gone and inspired me to add an image to my post now!

Actually this thread is very positive discussing all the many editions to exploring with the updates. The thread title is the come on to get one to read it.

What-has-FD-ever-done-for-us

might be also the case, that what people mean if they say "give exploration some love" widely differs in what they mean by exploration. at least i often see suggestions "how to make exploration better", which would enhance other styles of exploration, and outright break my game of exploration.

I like to do the odd bit of exploration but I do eventually get to the point where jump-honk-fly round pointing nose at planets-occasionally land on said planets, gets just a tad mind numbingly dull and boring as ...

Some new things to look for/ways to look for them would be welcome.

Fudge content. We have plenty of exploration content. Frontier works their butts off to make alien mysteries and functioning dynamic geysers, alien ruins, brain trees, barnacles, and crash sites, and predictably people get bored of each of them within 5 minutes.

We don't need more content. We need exploration GAMEPLAY, and we need it yesterday.

Fudge content. We have plenty of exploration content. Frontier works their butts off to make alien mysteries and functioning dynamic geysers, alien ruins, brain trees, barnacles, and crash sites, and predictably people get bored of each of them within 5 minutes.

We don't need more content. We need exploration GAMEPLAY, and we need it yesterday.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ziljan again.

The speach bubble says "content" as a (perhaps too) subtle, tongue in cheek rebuttal to those that believe breadth (as in the the entire milky way or indeed the things you mention) == content. I agree with those that don't think this which is why I very carefully used the word "gameplay" in my post!

We have a whole galaxy. How much content do people want?
Of course, more things to do, and more ways to interact, with the content would be of enormous benefit.

Another testament to the silent majority speaking out. Time to put the guns down and do something about the skeleton of a galaxy. [yesnod] And there are way more than those ten threads.

Last edited:
The speach bubble says "content" as a (perhaps too) subtle, tongue in cheek rebuttal to those that believe breadth (as in the the entire milky way or indeed the things you mention) == content. I agree with those that don't think this which is why I very carefully used the word "gameplay" in my post!

Sorry, just want to be crystal clear in what we're asking. The last time there was a big wave, the overriding request was for more content instead of gameplay. I warned what would happen if gameplay was ignored to promote content, and got shouted down by the rest of the explorer community. Now here we are 16 months later. Frontier responded quite faithfully to the "content" crowd, and no one seems to be satisfied (for long) with the result, since content ages rapidly. Whereas gameplay can last 40 years if well designed.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is: told ya so :). Ok there, got it off my chest.

Top Bottom