Newcomer / Intro Hi everyone! Short question.

Hi commanders!

I am quite new to ED, but i am doing my best to learn as much as i can.

Currently i am doing a data deliver missions in order to raise my Fed rank.
My question: If i am already allied with minor factions and with superpower (Federation) - when i complete mission , which reward should i choose in order to raise Fed rep % to greatest extent?

Should i just take the money , or reputation + , or influance +?

I have read many articles.. but i still just dont get it which one of those will raise % (statistically the most) for Fed Rank - in such situation where i have already pumped both Fed power , and minor faction to max (allied status).

Thanks.

You should always pick the Reputation option if you’re trying to increase your navy rank.

Don’t get confused with minor faction rep/superpower rep/navy rank. They’re all separate things...

The better your superpower reputation the faster you can increase your reputation with a minor faction, that’s all it really does...

For example, a CMDR with 0% federation reputation may have to do 30 data deliveries to go from neutral to allied with a federation minor faction. But a CMDR with 100% may only need to do 15 data deliveries to get the same result...

Choosing the reputation option when handing in a mission will always provide the greatest increase to both your reputation with the minor faction you’re working for and points towards your next navy rank.

Confusion can happen when comparing missions...

Mission A: Data delivery rep++

Mission B: Surface Scan rep++++

Which is better?

Often, it’s still the data delivery. Because it’s much faster to do and because you may be delivering the data to another federation minor faction. I believe at this point it becomes a rep++++ mission....but I may be wrong, not tested it extensively.

Not tested Rep on the "other end" of a mission, but Inf is seen to be + on the other end, regardless of the +s stated for the mission.
Still good to have + on both ends of a mission regardless.

Top Bottom