Hi FD. Taking another engineer inspired break :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Its been maybe 4-5 weeks since i logged in and i was playing regularly for a while, a few weeks or so.

Im in colonia and this time the straw that broke my consistent log in streak was 25 escape pods to unlock one of the engineers in the colonia bubble.

The last engineer inspired break i took lasted 6 months and you know how many frontier store dollars i spend while on engineer inspired breaks?

Zero.

My current break may be longer than my previous ones because im currently playing a game that i like a lot and wouldnt have spent enough time with to discover that if it werent for the engineers, so i guess i owe you guys some thanks.

If the 2.5 X4 patch does indeed contain trackir support (which is what they are promising) I will probably play that through at least once and there are a couple of games on steam that look very promising that will likely be realeased soon.

And you know how many frontier store dollars i will spend while the above is transpiring?

Zero.

Last edited:
Its been maybe 4-5 weeks since i logged in and i was playing regularly for a while, a few weeks or so.

Im in colonia and this time the straw that broke my consistent log in streak was 25 escape pods to unlock one of the engineers in the colonia bubble.

The last engineer inspired break i took lasted 6 months and you know how many frontier store dollars i spend while on engineer inspired breaks?

Zero.

My current break may be longer than my previous ones because im currently playing a game that i like a lot and wouldnt have spent enough time with to discover that if it werent for the engineers, so i guess i owe you guys some thanks.

If the 2.5 X4 patch does indeed contain trackir support (which is what they are promising) I will probably play that through at least once and there are a couple of games on steam that look very promising that will likely be realeased soon.

And you know how many frontier store dollars i will spend while the above is transpiring?

Zero.

Here's how you can get all those 25 escape pods in ca 20 minutes:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...way-to-find-Occupied-Escape-Pods-near-Colonia

You know how much E: D has made for Frontier since launch?

$100 million.

You know how many tears they will shed that you're 'taking a break' because of something you don't like?

Go on... have a guess... ;)

P.S. Enjoy your break. :)

Yeah and the pity is that if instead of trying to design some sort of Pavlovian cosmetics sales engine they had made it fun, they might have made even more.

Deleted member 110222

D
I too am taking a break from Elite. See signature for details.

Unlike OP, and indeed, past versions of myself, I am not making drama out of it.

I'm just hanging around Off Topic talking about ESO and simply not mentioning ED at all.

It's getting me mad rep' too, so I'm doing something right.

Zero.

Zero.

Here's the real question: did you spend any money during your return? Be honest!

I have not logged in in a number of weeks myself. Has anyone noticed or cared? Likely not.

No one will notice the OP missing from the game either.

Have a nice day OP!

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one will sleep a lot better tonight with this knowledge. Tomorrow I'll celebrate by buying 2 paint jobs and a ship kit.

Good lord, what a fuss 🙄🙄🙄

Much ado about nothing. Etienne Dorn is by far the most unnecessary engineer in Colonia.

On the other hand, Petra is a great way to save the mining grind for Selene Jean. Will take the quick hop to Colonia for my second account soon...pinning heavy duty armor and creating a lot of heavy duty hull reinforcements. Which will then be transported back to the bubble (with Amazon logistics I suppose 😄).

Dear OP, that's how one does engineering and how it is fun. Did I mention that ED needs a bit of thought and experience? 😎

No sympathy from me OP.

If it wasn't for others quoting your posts in theirs I wouldn't have known that you still post on the forum...............isn't the Ignore list great!!

BTW I'm thoroughly enjoying Elite atm & will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, with or without your presence in the Galaxy.

Zero.

Zero.

If 25 escape pods are that hard for you, than i just can say:
Bye bye

Just in case you maybe still wanna do it, here is a tip:
Drive on planets, no matter where!!! Look for the upper signals on the wave scanner to find crash sites and salvage stuff. There are plenty of escape pods to find and 25 won't take more than around 2-3 hours overall. Ypu don't need to have them at the same time....

It's really something you can do on the way. According to my edsm counting, these are my stats since S&R got introduced without focusing on that. Just on opportunity:
Search and Rescue
Total items rescued: 632
Total profit: 9,801,529 cr
Total rescue transactions: 200

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom