General Highlight Terrain Suitable for Landing and add Autolanding

Most of us have, and yes we can read.
That's nice of hear, but I was referring to Capt. Willard. :)
It takes a while to get used to, but the current HUD is ok.
It's definitely okay, but could be made more convenient. It's kind of shocking that it's 3307 and pilots still have to fly over areas to find out if they're suitable for landing instead of being shown straight away.

And yes, looking forward to see what Odyssey has to offer regarding planets. Would be nice if ships got suspension. Tired of seeing landing gear floating in the air. :)

That's nice of hear, but I was referring to Capt. Willard. :)

It's definitely okay, but could be made more convenient. It's kind of shocking that it's 3307 and pilots still have to fly over areas to find out if they're suitable for landing instead of being shown straight away.

And yes, looking forward to see what Odyssey has to offer regarding planets. Would be nice if ships got suspension. Tired of seeing landing gear floating in the air. :)

It at first appears to be a "flat area large enough" limitation, but then I have landed my ship at all sorts of crazy angles, so is it a "smooth area limitation"? That also seems to not be the case, unless the algorithm that decides "that area is smooth enough" doesn't take into account boulders and other objects. I once landed my ship in such a way that I couldn't get back in due that big boulder, and a volcanic vent decided it was a good spot to be squashed by my ship once. Even though the HUD said it was a good spot I couldn't actually get to the ground until I moved to the side so the vent was out of the way.

The new scatter system in Odyssey promises to give us a much smoother and natural spread of detritus, I wonder if that could possibly prevent a ship landing, maybe it will be harder to land a large ship planetside in Odyssey! The HUD adjusts the landing angle display depending on the slope you are landing on but I find it works much better if you just go down level and let the thruster push you into the right position.

Large ship landing on difficult terrain will definitely be a thing to test in Odyssey!

I find the current system easy enough to use and have no wish to have more things automated in this game.

I have found the best way to deal with the landable location disappearing as I descend towards it is to keep my ship horizontal while I descend because if it is aligned to the ground it won’t go straight down but will move off the landable area, always align just before contact unless you are going to let the ground align the ship for you.

Top Bottom