HIP 22460 Permit Lock Initiated

I appreciate the enthusiasm for intrigue but the asset name is not a hint.
If you have seen our social channels you will see it was a video with moving text. The static was exported as a single image, a 'base' image, so that we could export other versions with and without text.
Now if you'll excuse me, my killjoy schedule is fully booked today.
Many of us do not follow social channels (Twitter are getting very agressive with making unauthenticated access inconvenient). Would it br possible to have a thread here which is just syncs FDev posts from the ED Twotter channel?

I don't really understand this story arc, but I have half an idea about it.
The bit that's puzzling me right now though: how do you permit-lock a planet? Permit-locking a system makes sense - no permit, no jump. But if you can jump to the system you can SC wherever you want, right?
Yet you can't land on the permit locked planet.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
It's been locked though, and easily unlockable. Has something changed or is it just the same as it was yesterday. 🤷‍♀️

I don't really understand this story arc, but I have half an idea about it.
The bit that's puzzling me right now though: how do you permit-lock a planet? Permit-locking a system makes sense - no permit, no jump. But if you can jump to the system you can SC wherever you want, right?
Your ship will exit from supercruise when approaching the planet and say "Exclusion zone reached" or something similar.
Even if you move forward, your distance won't increase at all!

Your ship will exit from supercruise when approaching the planet and say "Exclusion zone reached" or something similar.
Even if you move forward, your distance won't increase at all!
Wooo, that's a new one on me - is it a brand-new thing or have planets been locked like this before?

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
I'm confused because it's been permit locked, so why say the permit locked is "initiated" today? 🤷‍♀️

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I really wish there was a way to stop Salvation from doing what he's trying to do. I don't trust him in the slightest, he's a deranged 200+ year old madman.

I appreciate the enthusiasm for intrigue but the asset name is not a hint.
If you have seen our social channels you will see it was a video with moving text. The static was exported as a single image, a 'base' image, so that we could export other versions with and without text.
Now if you'll excuse me, my killjoy schedule is fully booked today.

Hmmm a likely story.

It's been locked though, and easily unlockable. Has something changed or is it just the same as it was yesterday. 🤷‍♀️
This is just saying that one planet within the system has now been locked. So although you may have acquired the permit to enter the HIP 22460 system, you will not be able to land on planet 10 B now.

I really wish there was a way to stop Salvation from doing what he's trying to do. I don't trust him in the slightest, he's a deranged 200+ year old madman.
I believe if you check on the Buur Pit YouTube channel he has posted an article concerning players who want to do exactly what you suggest. I'm at work right now and doing this on my smartphone so I don't have access to the links like I would be able to normally, but it's a relatively new posting so if you go to his channel and just look for recently made postings you'll see it.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator

Hmmm a likely story.

This is just saying that one planet within the system has now been locked. So although you may have acquired the permit to enter the HIP 22460 system, you will not be able to land on planet 10 B now.
Got it! It's early, I get a pass for not reading more than the title.

Last edited:
Top Bottom