HIP 22460 Permit Lock Initiated

The exclusion zone drop out of sc makes sense however the acceleration out of sc doesn't, instead of the magical wall Fdev could have been smarter and added some form of defense platform that if you get to close spawns infront and it blasts you into oblivion like the stations do for trespassing
And get endless moaning on the forums, possibly along these lines:

"I flied past this big flashy sign that say "trespassers will be destroy instanlty" and my ship blow up. That's stoooopid. Blame lazy devs, whe're is warning? Y no1 tell me?"

And additional, unrelated criticism to amplify the outrage.

And get endless moaning on the forums, possibly along these lines:

"I flied past this big flashy sign that say "trespassers will be destroy instanlty" and my ship blow up. That's stoooopid. Blame lazy devs, whe're is warning? Y no1 tell me?"

And additional, unrelated criticism to amplify the outrage.
In fairness though they could say the same for stations. just a trespassing prompt with a pre timed warning beforehand and there is the warning something like the below:

"Restricted Planetary zone, Leave now or lethal force will be executed" I mean its not hard to come up with, if anything what we have now is the lazy method

Many of us do not follow social channels (Twitter are getting very agressive with making unauthenticated access inconvenient). Would it br possible to have a thread here which is just syncs FDev posts from the ED Twotter channel?
Use nitter.it instead of twitter.com for unfettered access to twitter posts

I got to about 105 km away from landfall, on my PS4 account, with an exponential increase in time/distance covered, if anyone has the patience to see how close you can really get to the thargoid structure

new CG:

The second stage of the campaign begins on the 12th of July 3308 and will run for one week.

Guardian caskets, keys, orbs, relics, tablets, totems and urns can all be delivered to the Bright Sentinel megaship, which remains in stationary orbit above HIP 22460 10b.

AGAIN? copy - paste ... really? Frontier ... what are you doing?

Lavecon didn't exactly sneak up unexpectedly. It would have made more sense to run the original CG for two weeks and award the different paint jobs based on the usual percentage rankings, rather than run the same identical CGs two weeks in a row.

Lavecon didn't exactly sneak up unexpectedly. It would have made more sense to run the original CG for two weeks and award the different paint jobs based on the usual percentage rankings, rather than run the same identical CGs two weeks in a row.
Yep, but FDEV have a history of making things unnecessarily complicated.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Tib

While the CG itself could use some variety, I do appreciate the casual nature of it, with awarding all paint jobs to top 75%. That way people don’t have to grind with a boring relog gameplay and can focus more on the Thargoid combat.

So about that permit lock...

I after many days of efforts was able to yeet my SRV from HIP 22460 10C to 10B, bypass the permit lock and drive 400km (4h) to a Thargoid site in Odyssey - no Proteus Device in sight!

stab.jpg

permit_arrive.jpg

permit_nav.jpg

permit_tharg.jpg

Could you get closer to that nice, shiny, structure and provide more screenies?
Yeah, most of the other screenshots I took didn't have the location panel visible and the site looks like other Thargoid structure sites to me.

I was also able to get inside, did anyone seriously think a door could stop me?
p_day.jpg
p_night.jpg
p_interior.jpg
p_device.jpg

In one of my previous attempts to get to the Thargoid sites I was able to recall and use an Apex to leave the planet.
crew_permit.jpg

If you recall your own ship it stays at 100km altitude due to the permit lock border, similar to how it gets stuck if you recall a ship after removing the appropriate atmospheric landing thing on a planet (except that puts it at 400km altitude).

Yeah, most of the other screenshots I took didn't have the location panel visible and the site looks like other Thargoid structure sites to me.

I was also able to get inside, did anyone seriously think a door could stop me?

In one of my previous attempts to get to the Thargoid sites I was able to recall and use an Apex to leave the planet.

If you recall your own ship it stays at 100km altitude due to the permit lock border, similar to how it gets stuck if you recall a ship after removing the appropriate atmospheric landing thing on a planet (except that puts it at 400km altitude).
Thank you 👌

Why permit lock it, bringing in a couple of battleships and seeding the place with blockade mines would be better that way we would have to really run the gauntlet to get to the surface instead of just a ship lock which is a poor mechanism

Top Bottom