Hippo information misplaced, but nowhere to go.

Google Translator:
Hi there.
I don't know if this fits in here or not.

Maybe it's not a bug either, but I did something wrong and I don't know what.
I made an enclosure for hippos in the sandbox tonight and placed information boards and loudspeakers.
They were also in blue, sat, ergo in the right position.
This also went wonderfully for a few hours.

After a sleep cap, I continued to work on the rehearsal zoo and suddenly I received several error messages that information boards and loudspeakers are placed WRONG.

What the hell...

I haven't changed anything about them.

No matter where I put them, they are always wrong, even if they are placed outside the enclosure.
If I put the information from the neighboring enclosure (blue peacock) then it works again.
At least for the blue peacock.
The visitor path leads through the enclosure.
I have already bought the boards new, there is the same problem.
Hippos are not recognized.

From the aardvark and the blue peafowl the information devices work.

Was anything changed while I was sleeping?
So this is a new bug, or was I just lucky enough to have been spared such a bug?

Reloading the game hadn't changed anything.

Screenshot 2020-01-24 17.50.31.pngScreenshot 2020-01-24 17.47.45.pngScreenshot 2020-01-24 17.50.03.png

I noticed other little things.
The work areas are NOT sorted alphabetically to whom you want to assign the employees. At least not in German.

Screenshot 2020-01-24 02.04.04.png

"Parse in error`: GUESTNAME = " Appears in sandbox mode when a player is visiting. It doesn't matter whether I am myself or a stranger.

Screenshot 2020-01-24 02.33.50.png

And the display for the inspector is also no longer shown. There is no announcement to see when he will come next.
The tablet is half white, and a small field can also be seen, but nothing is happening (forget screenshot)

Maybe everything is already known, but I'll pass it on at least here.
Should I report this because of the information boards or has this been known for a long time?

Because I don't know what I should have done wrong.

Have a nice evening
Gabi

Original:

Hallo.
Keine Ahnung ob das hier reinpasst oder nicht.
Vielleicht ist es auch kein Bug, sondern ich habe irgendwas falsch gemacht, wobei ich NICHT weiß was.

Ich habe heute Nacht ein Gehege für Flußpferde, in der Sandbox, gemacht und Informationstafeln und Lautsprecher plaziert.

Die waren auch in Blau, saßen, ergo an der richtigen Position.
Dies lief auch einige Stunden wunderbar.

Nach einer Mütze Schlaf, bastelte ich weiter an dem Probezoo und plötzlich erhielt ich mehrere Fehlermeldungen, das Informationstafeln und Lautsprecher FALSCH platziert sind.

Was zum Teufel...

Ich habe Nichts an denen geändert.

Egal wo ich die hinsetze, die sind immer falsch, selbst wenn sie außerhalb des Geheges platziert werden.
Setze ich die Information vom Nachbargehege ein(Blauer Pfau) dann geht es wieder. Zumindest für den Blauen Pfau.

Der Besucherweg führt durch das Gehege.
Ich habe die Tafeln schon neu gekauft, da ist das gleiche Problem. Flußpferde werden nicht erkannt.

Von den Erdferkel und den blauen Pfauen die Informationsgeräte funktionieren.

Wurde heute während ich schlief etwas geändert?
So das dies ein neuer Bug ist, oder hatte ich bisher nur das Glück von solch einem Fehler verschont worden zu sein?

Ein neu Laden des Spiels hatte nichts verändert.

Mir sind noch andere Kleinigkeiten aufgefallen.

Die Arbeitsbereiche werden NICHT alphabetisch sortiert, wen man die Mitarbeitern zuordnen will. Zumindest im Deutschen nicht.

"Parse in error `:GUESTNAME="
erscheint im Sandboxmodus, wenn ein Spieler auf Besuch ist.
Egal ob ich es selbst bin, oder ein Fremder ist.
Und auch die Anzeige für den Inspektor zeigt sich nicht mehr.
Da ist keine Ankündigung zu sehen, wann der das nächste mal kommt.

Das Täfelchen ist zwar zur Hälfte weiß, auch ist ein kleines Feld zu sehen, doch es tut sich nichts.(Screenshot vergessen)

Kann sein das alles schon bekannt ist, doch ich geb es zumindest hier mal weiter.

Soll ich wegen den Informationstafeln, das melden, oder ist das schon lange bekannt?

Weil ich wüsste nicht was ich falsch gemacht haben sollte.

Schönen Abend noch
Gabi

Google Translator:
After I moved a fence piece by a millimeter, I also undo it as a test,
does the information work again.

Apparently it was no longer recognized by the program that hippos are present in the enclosure.

It wasn't the distance or anything else.

If someone else has the problem that their information boards no longer work, try out whether it is temporary
Fence relocation helps.
One millimeter is enough, so not much.

Original:

Nachdem ich ein Gehegezaunstück um einen Millimeter bewegt habe, ich machte es testweise auch gleich wieder Rückgängig,
funktioniert das mit den Informationen wieder.

Scheinbar wurde es von dem Program einfach nicht mehr erkannt, das in dem Gehege Flußpferde vorhanden sind.

Weder an der Entfernung noch an irgendwas anderem lag es.

Falls jemand anderes mal das Problem hat das seine Informationtafeln nicht mehr funktionieren, testet mal aus, ob ne vorrübergehende
Zaunversetzung hilft.
Es reicht ein Millimeter, also nicht viel.

Google Translator:

So the problem is there again ... But I can't just use the issue tracker because he writes this: "Unfortunately we were unable to add the issue to the system."

No idea why.

Maybe yes can forward it over here.

Nevts that reload after every game the information items forget that there are hippos.

While not a big problem, it should be forwarded.

Thank you very much.

Text for the IssueTracker:
Hi there Yesterday I noticed that the information boards and loudspeakers (only hippos) for the guests are always shown as misplaced when the game is reloaded. (Sandbox) Before that, however, they work perfectly for hours. After changing the fence, the boards and loudspeakers are correctly connected to the enclosure again. All you need is a post or a small movement that can also be undone. I do not think that the error is on my side to look for. Because even if I save these correctly connected boards and immediately reload the game, it means that the information items are wrong. Repositioning is useless, or elsewhere in the enclosure. Perhaps this is constantly forgotten because the guests can walk through the enclosure. But the visitors are not afraid of the hippos and it is possible with the invisible fence. The animals cannot enter the paths. By the way, the blue peacocks are NOT forgotten, their enclosure connects directly to the hippo enclosure. It's always the hippopotamus.

Screenshot 2020-01-25 21.25.46.png

Original:
So das Problem ist wieder vorhanden... Ich kann aber nicht einfach den Issue Tracker benutzen, da er dies schreibt: "Unfortunately we were unable to add the issue to the system."

Keine Ahnung warum.

Vielleicht kann an es hierrüber ja weiterleiten.

Mich nevts das nach jedem Spielstand neu laden die Informationsgegenstände vergessen das es Flußpferde gibt.

Ist zwar kein großes Problem, jedoch sollte es weitergeleitet werden.

Vielen Dank.

Google Translator:

Hello, I have now built another enclosure where visitors can walk through.
Although the animals are not visitable animals.

It is a mixed enclosure with zebras, gazelles, giraffes and co.

Again, there is the problem that after loading the game, the information objects no longer recognize the enclosure.

Neither the guests nor the animals have a problem that the path leads through and over the enclosure.

Since I haven't been able to use IssueTracker recently, I recently wrote an email and added my old save status.

I hope the problem is solved.

I will not write another e-mail because I think it will not be necessary to contact someone within a few days about the same problem.

But I would be interested to know whether others have the same problem, or whether it is maybe just my computer or the file.

The problem is not with the information objects. The problem is the enclosure itself. Every time you load the game, or maybe even after a period of time, the game becomes confused as to what the enclosure's actual boundaries are. So it no longer recognizes it as an enclosure. Therefore neither your information boards/speakers nor your hippos are recognized as being a habitat at all. Perhaps the game requires that you use the guest doors when you have a path running through the enclosure, I don't really know. Click on the barrier when it's not working. My habitat panel will usually tell me what the problem is.

I am also kind of wondering though, what you mean that the visitors on the path are not afraid because of the invisible fence. Are you using the null barrier on the path also. If it is enclosed also, that would be the problem. You can't have an enclosure within an enclosure.

Last edited:
Hi there,
thanks for the hint that it could be due to the enclosure.

I don't know exactly what it is, just that the connection to the information objects is blocked in some way after reloading.
Even if I play 8 hours straight, the objects work fine once I have realigned the barrier. There is no abnormality in the enclosure itself.

Nowhere is an error report to be seen.
The zookeepers feed my hippos and in the mixed enclosure as normal.

In contrast to the hippos, the mixed enclosure shows that a few panels actually have a connection.

I have no clue whats the cause of this.
I also suspect that it has to do with the path through the zero barrier fence.
But it should be improved by Frontier, otherwise there should not be the possibility to design it that way.

A guest goal is out of the question for me.
These are limited to 4 meters, my path is 10 meters.
Also I don't want to have a high goal, because the view of the dragon head is already difficult due to the size, but then you only see the ugly gate and not the dragon.

Hippo enclosure.
The blue boards are from the Blue Peacock enclosure:

Screenshot 2020-02-06 11.57.12.png

Mixed enclosure.
All visible information items (blue and yellow / red) are included:

Screenshot 2020-02-06 12.01.07.png

View dragon head. A high goal would be annoying:

Screenshot 2020-02-03 23.23.08.png

Okay then I also cannot see what the actual cause could be. It doesn't make sense that it won't work after reloading the game. Sorry I could not be of help.

Top Bottom