HMD Quality setting versus Steamvr supersampling.

Same thing. You are simply setting the pre distortion intermediate frame buffer size in the SteamVR Api.

The benefit of setting it in Steam is that you have increased granularity and are not pegged to the limited Elite settings.

Same thing. You are simply setting the pre distortion intermediate frame buffer size in the SteamVR Api.

The benefit of setting it in Steam is that you have increased granularity and are not pegged to the limited Elite settings.

awesome, thanks. With the arrival of my Index in a few weeks, i look forward to being able to just tweak steamvr, and not have to mess with OculusTrayTool and Elite in-game settings.

Last edited:
awesome, thanks. With the arrival of my Index in a few weeks, i look forward to being able to just tweak steamvr, and not have to mess with OculusTrayTool and Elite in-game settings.

You suck! Cough, cough; darned turrets. I mean, congratulations on your new Vive, I mean Valve Index headset! I am not jealous at all and hope you get the best from it! <forced_smile />

Cool thanks I will give it a go

There are so many YouTube streams with old steam and settings, it good to ask what is being used now

Top Bottom