HO to BP a sematically interesting expedition

So I gave this some thought, but the thought running through most people heads is probably, what? I shall explain.

Now there are two places I have been meaning to visit, Hutton Orbital and Beagle Point. Every time I do a bubble run for engineering and ship purchases it's on my mind, but I never get around to doing it, and twice I have set out for Beagle Point and well, you get the idea, I never made it both times.

So I have thought about it and decided to connect the two both physically and semantically, HO to BP is the process of connecting the inhabited station furthest from it's primary star to the primary star furthest from an inhabited station, very neat. I shall document it here, starting off with my ship docked at Hutton Orbital;

GJeqMKb.jpg

My newly engineered Phantom, 67.14 max jump range. The people at Hutton Orbital kindly allowed me to carouse there overnight and launch from pad three in the early hours to beat the rush for free Conda's;

KMqAwQ0.jpg

I departed towards the roof of the galaxy to avoid the crowd, passing through W Ursae Majoris on the way, another first I might add, and when I reached around 600 light years above the heart of the bubble I set my course for the Statue of Liberty Nebula, I will post interesting sights and other stuff here as I travel, fly safe all! o7

Nice. :)

Ishum's Reach is of course a bit further away from habitation than Beagle Point...

And then I wonder if the fringes of Mare Somnia or Acheron on the opposite side of Sag A* from Colonia were even further away from habitation?

Nice. :)

Ishum's Reach is of course a bit further away from habitation than Beagle Point...

And then I wonder if the fringes of Mare Somnia or Acheron on the opposite side of Sag A* from Colonia were even further away from habitation?

True, every time we get a slight jump upgrade something becomes the new furthest, or new route get found, but Beagle Point is the one we all know and love. I will certainly go to Ishum's reach while I am there, but BP is the ED mythpoint.

Anyway am back to thank you all for wishing me well and give a first quick update. You know that feeling you get when someone is staring at you, and not a nice stare either, an evil one, like a wolf with one white eye just sitting staring at you.

So I enter a system and immediately think, what? What just happened? So I turn back to have a look at the star, and it's staring back at me!

iKrOoUS.jpg

I just flew through those two, and they're not happy! But I am still alive so I can only consider it a good omen. I haven't seen these two types of stars so close together before, unusual?

Last edited:
So I've reached my first way point, the Statue of Liberty Nebula, naturally it's all explored and even seems to be all mapped, not really unexpected I suppose.

Here I am just a couple of jumps away.

xbpnh3E.jpg

Still even though it was all discovered and mapped I decided to check out a few systems to see what was here and came across a body with 3 bio signs, so I decided to check them all out. Now this was interesting because a friend D.D.Hariman had reported seeing glowing bark cones, which I had never come across, and this body had the 3 sites all bark cones, and the ones in the dark did seem to glow, but I found it was actually the growths that glowed, the Cordycep Growths and Phloem Excretions glowed in the dark, interesting. I have never noticed this before, so either only the ones in a certain area glow or I just missed it altogether.

rAGqw2q.jpg

I will check other sites and types of biology as I travel to see if this is peculiar to this region or a general phenomena.

Back again, after what I can only describe as an interesting day.

I did two stupid things, arguably one stupid thing twice but that's just semantics :D

I changed course.

I had a deep thought.

But lets start with the stupid things, or same stupid thing twice. Screenshots, they just don't look right from SC, with no engine glare it just doesn't look like you are moving,so dissatisfied with the results I decided to exit SC and hit the exit SC button, it didn't work so thinking I had missed it I went to press it again, only looking up at the last moment to see the warning, yes I was at full throttle and it was to late to stop my finger moving, my hull was now at 92%. :mad:

Ok a lesson well learned, think about what you are doing first, then five minutes later I only went and did it again! :eek:

I was repairing my modules, hit the button to repair thrusters and suddenly realised I was in SC at full throttle, hull now 81%, not a good start. You now have my permission to laugh [haha]

Being in normal space I repaired everything I could and resumed travel, setting course for Eta Carinae Nebula from The Statue of Liberty Nebula. Ok if you come this way just don't, every star, every planet the entire way has been discovered or even more remarkably, discovered and probuled, every, single, one! I mean really? (Channeling my 9yo niece there for a moment), so I changed course to a Wolf-Rayet WC class star I had bookmarked in the Hawking's Gap sector. Two jump and I am in pristine territory, no discovered tags, no mapped tags, this is the right decision!

I arrived safely at my new way point, and it's remarkable, truly remarkable, it had it's own nebula as well!

The approach;

Nz92oAJ.jpg

The view from inside near a small mishapen moon;

gNQVq5b.jpg

I recommend it for a visit if you are ever out that way, CPD-65 2513 system if you do decide to visit, it's worthy of a tourist beacon I think.

8,395ly from Hutton Orbital, 60,391 to go.

Now my deep thought, 81% hull and power plant, the rest 100%, I'm not that far from the Colonia route. Do I repair? Now I've set myself a target, a personal goal, connect HO to BP, does a docking on route cause problems with that? I could justify it that if I don't sell any data it still counts, but that is just a justification, in my own head I would be cheating myself, so I have decided no docking, it's BP or bust, I just need to be more careful.

Fly safe all o7

Last edited:
LOL, yeah. Making the same mistake repeatedly in a short time... I think we all need to do that occasionally. It's a good kick in the complacency. :D

LOL, yeah. Making the same mistake repeatedly in a short time... I think we all need to do that occasionally. It's a good kick in the complacency. :D

Agreed.

On interesting but unrelated note I came across a system first discovered by Sam Ishum on my last run, since I will be heading out to Ishum's Reach after BP I thought it was a nice accident!

Here we are for another update, only a minor one this time.

13,829ly from Hutton Orbital, it's quiet out here off the well travelled paths. I have been jumping from O type to O type just as an interesting way to break up the journey into 1kly jaunts, doing that I have covered another 5kly of fairly uneventful travel, but don't get me wrong, it's been good, events mean danger, not something I avoid as a rule and if something interesting turns up of course I am going to check it out, carefully, but out here I don't really expect to see much. Vulcanism is prolific, any system with a decent number of bodies has many sites. One system I passed through I counted over 160 sites on the moons of just one gas giant.

But of course I am here because I did find something at least mildly interesting. Now most O class stars I have visited have already been discovered, that's pretty much to be expected, but they haven't been investigated since the update, and in a remote system far from anything else I found these;

0mQd4j9.jpg

This was Qeajie EG-Y g7 in Hawking's Gap. Unfortunately I couldn't scan them due to the bug, there were four sites altogether on just one moon, the only landable moon in the system as it happens. They pulse in synchrony, it was a nice break from jumping, hypnotising even!

Last edited:
Now 17,901ly from HO, making my way through the Norma Expanse. My route is looking decidedly not straight, but that's ok, not straight is good.

I arrived at my next waypoint, a system I have bookmarked from a previous project but never visited, so it helps me clear up old bookmarks as I go. Now this system with a B Class primary has already been visited, and when I honked it told me there were 88 bodies, that's a fair few and would have been a nice addition to my data, so imagine my surprise when, upon opening the system map, only the two stars and three planets were show as discovered, the rest was blank, hooray for me!

So it was going to take a while, then it took longer and longer, because of these;

s9Y1xg6.jpg

wnmZglg.jpg

Now that was two planets, by the time I finished I had seven bodies with anemones, each with between two and eight sites, this place is anemone central! I am not revealing the location at the moment, just that it is in the center of the Norma Expanse. I want to turn in the data, and since the bug is still active I can't scan these for the codex, so that will have to wait. I will make a return visit when the bug is fixed.

Other interesting points. Gravity on all the bodies was above 1g, varying from a low of 1.6 to a high of 2.8. Remarkably, every single anemone bearing planet had rings, is that a thing? Do all bodies having anemones have rings? My next bookmarked way point is a bit further, just over 13kly, which will take me up the full length of the Norma Expanse and into the next region.

Fly safe all! o7

Last edited:
Other interesting points. Gravity on all the bodies was above 1g, varying from a low of 1.6 to a high of 2.8. Remarkably, every single anemone bearing planet had rings, is that a thing? Do all bodies having anemones have rings? My next bookmarked way point is a bit further, just over 13kly, which will take me up the full length of the Norma Expanse and into the next region.

Hallo,

I had a similar experience yesterday. I am in the Sanguineous Rim abt 2600ly before reaching Skull and Crossbones Nebula. Found a System with a B class primary and 65bodies. An y brown dwarf is among them. On 4 planets I found anemones. The gravity range is about the same (1,1g - 2,3g) but only two of these planets have rings. I also checked the moons with volcanism but none of them had anemones.

Unlike the anemones you posted from Qeajie EG-Y g7, the ones I found had blue pulsating dots and in bright sunlight look similar to those you posted from the B-class system. So perhaps these are different strains not only varying in their appearance but also habitat? (blue vs pinkish-white; planets vs moons; B-class vs O-class)

Screenshot_15586ad54.md.jpg

Fly safe!

Last edited:
Top Bottom